User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Ahh, whatever, INFP's are neat. Sometimes I get frustrated with them for the whole passive deal, but I choose my battles and friends well. I almost always get along with these types.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

We'll kick all y'alls other types' asses!

In a parallel universe. Maybe.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Complex, abstract, emotional pain is not easy to resolve, and that can often be the world of the iNtuitive Feeler. Such pain is not subject to the external measurement of logic or anything concrete and observable. It is internalized perceptions of the external world and its meaning. When it is distorted by a subjective lens it can burn the soul. Becoming trapped by it is like fighting an assailant you cannot see.
    Wow, I just had to say that is exceedingly well put.

I like being an INFJ because I think I have a pretty cool capacity for experiencing and sometimes expressing fine nuances of emotion and feeling, I can daydream endlessly, and I can get a LOT of pleasure out of literature, beauty, and really anything artistic. I relate to people pretty well.

On the downside, I wish I was more confident and capable when it comes to practical, external things and not so caught up in my own world and feeling like I will always need to keep a supply of concerned SJs around to take care of me. heh, I'm only mostly joking!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I kind of wish I was more outgoing, and not letting my feelings build up inside, until I burst inwardly, but I'm pretty proud of everything else, except being disorganized, and parents nagging and what not...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think most INFPs have a love/hate relationship with themselves.

I love that my introversion doesn't make me dependent on other people for happiness and overall emotional well-being. I love that I can have the best time in the world sitting my room just listening music and thinking. I hate that my preference is so far to the introverted extreme of the scale that a lot of the time I can't even stand to be around people, which can make things very difficult in this overcrowded, predominantly extroverted world of ours.

I love that my intuition allows me to see things in a unique way and discover connections that not everyone does. I hate that the vast majority of these musings serve no practical purpose and are therefore deemed unimportant by most people anyway.

I love some of the good things that come with spontaneity, but I hate that for the life of me I cannot make a decision because I can't help but continually go back and forth mulling over every option about a million times in my head, so I never get anything done. I hate that because I'm so focused on my uncertain future I sometimes find myself unable to enjoy my present.

I love that that I have the ability to feel things so deeply. I am amazed by the most insignificant little things sometimes. It just brings a sense of wonder into my life. It also makes the important feelings all the more meaningful. It gives me the ability to feel out the emotional needs of others, which is an important aspect of how I relate to people. I hate that I'm forced to feel everything so deeply. Something that wouldn't even register with someone else could knock me on my ass. I'm hypersensitive to criticism, true or falsely perceived. I feel like I have to try to please everyone, which leaves little energy left for myself. I love that my empathy sometimes moves me to help others, but I hate that when I can't help I'm just stuck with negative emotions. I hate that because it's such a hard fall from being happy to unhappy, and because happiness seems to be a fleeting thing, I feel more comfortable in the realm of negative emotions. I hate that even though I know a lot of these feelings are irrational, I can't think them away.

Most importantly of all, I love that being an INFP gives me a sense of idealism that makes me search for meaning in everything and drives me to want to do great things. I hate that my idealism does not fit into the real world, which has been very difficult for me and it's a problem I'm not sure I will ever resolve.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    bah
    I should point out that the quoted post (which I can't seem to edit) was originally effusive and drunken praise for Noel's concise offering. The effusiveness of which prompted a brutal edit with the arrival of sobriety.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by katerp View Post
    I think most INFPs have a love/hate relationship with themselves.

I love that my introversion doesn't make me dependent on other people for happiness and overall emotional well-being. I love that I can have the best time in the world sitting my room just listening music and thinking. I hate that my preference is so far to the introverted extreme of the scale that a lot of the time I can't even stand to be around people, which can make things very difficult in this overcrowded, predominantly extroverted world of ours.

I love that my intuition allows me to see things in a unique way and discover connections that not everyone does. I hate that the vast majority of these musings serve no practical purpose and are therefore deemed unimportant by most people anyway.

I love some of the good things that come with spontaneity, but I hate that for the life of me I cannot make a decision because I can't help but continually go back and forth mulling over every option about a million times in my head, so I never get anything done. I hate that because I'm so focused on my uncertain future I sometimes find myself unable to enjoy my present.

I love that that I have the ability to feel things so deeply. I am amazed by the most insignificant little things sometimes. It just brings a sense of wonder into my life. It also makes the important feelings all the more meaningful. It gives me the ability to feel out the emotional needs of others, which is an important aspect of how I relate to people. I hate that I'm forced to feel everything so deeply. Something that wouldn't even register with someone else could knock me on my ass. I'm hypersensitive to criticism, true or falsely perceived. I feel like I have to try to please everyone, which leaves little energy left for myself. I love that my empathy sometimes moves me to help others, but I hate that when I can't help I'm just stuck with negative emotions. I hate that because it's such a hard fall from being happy to unhappy, and because happiness seems to be a fleeting thing, I feel more comfortable in the realm of negative emotions. I hate that even though I know a lot of these feelings are irrational, I can't think them away.

Most importantly of all, I love that being an INFP gives me a sense of idealism that makes me search for meaning in everything and drives me to want to do great things. I hate that my idealism does not fit into the real world, which has been very difficult for me and it's a problem I'm not sure I will ever resolve.
    perfectly what you've been saying, and i do feel the SAME things with what you've just said! :-)
    I used to think that i was all ALONE here in this damn-"get going" world.. but thanks god i've found this thing called MBTI. to find a similar like-minded INFPs, is really like finding my own brother or sister!

MBTI
    INFP

Well, being an INFp I can sometimes get carried away and become quite unrealistic.

So then I get disappointed because what I thought would happen did not reach my expectations.

Being indecisive is also soemthing I face. I usually have an idea of what I want but when all the choices are thrown in my face I jsut HAVE to look at everything and try to picture myself with it and in the end it leads to me procrastinating.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    perfectly what you've been saying, and i do feel the SAME things with what you've just said! :-)
    I used to think that i was all ALONE here in this damn-"get going" world.. but thanks god i've found this thing called MBTI. to find a similar like-minded INFPs, is really like finding my own brother or sister!
    exactly!

MBTI
    INFP

We are the Yin in Balance, but that also means we are what we choose our path to be, not what others tell us the path is. We have no limits on anything, and only we determine who we are, nothing else. I have trouble not always fitting in, but I get to help others fit in which is fine with me. We might not be helping people adjust to reality, but we help them forget problems, start new ideas, and think outside the boxes of life. We are not blind chaos and destruction, but reincarnation. To bring apart so a new form can be created in the hope that it will be better than the last. We are evolution, and makes me feel privelidged to be a part of. To find others like me is like finding a reason to keep being myself without judgement.