• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] are INFPs difficult to read?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've been told numerous times throughout my life that i am hard to read, like no one can tell if i'm having a good time or not, so do other INFPs have this trait, or is that just a chknz trait?

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs are terribly difficult to read in my limited experience.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I may very well be INFP (still doing research) and most people think that I am sad or angry when I'm having a fine time. It is my natural instinct to hide my feelings and personality. My outward expression tends to mimic those around me and is not organic.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I may very well be INFP (still doing research) and most people think that I am sad or angry when I'm having a fine time. It is my natural instinct to hide my feelings and personality. My outward expression tends to mimic those around me and is not organic.

yup this as wellmy natural look is an intense scowl.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:laugh: you didn't look like you were scowling at the 2010 meetup.. but everyone seemed pretty upbeat. You appeared very neutral, externally. Good default pokerface.

Permabanned
I've been told numerous times throughout my life that i am hard to read, like no one can tell if i'm having a good time or not, so do other INFPs have this trait, or is that just a chknz trait?

Didn't you decide to be ENFP? :thinking:

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so

Aha! I wonder if this is a typical INFP thing. I constantly get teased for this. My friends call it my "default face".

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
eh...i don't think so...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:laugh: you didn't look like you were scowling at the 2010 meetup.. but everyone seemed pretty upbeat. You appeared very neutral, externally. Good default pokerface.

oh i didn't think the whole time and was having a good time. having a good time/not thinking=poker face, neutral/thinkinh=scowl

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh i didn't think the whole time and was having a good time. having a good time/not thinking=poker face, neutral/thinkinh=scowl

Hah, I can sort of relate, despite our type difference.

Some people find my expression hard to read when I'm lost in thought/or heavily thinking in some way, even if the thoughts aren't distressing. I never have a daydreamy peaceful looking face, haha. Some people say it's ''blank,'' while others seem to prod and ask what's wrong, because while they can't interpret the neutral face, they DO detect a difference in my expressions, or my tone of voice [can become flat if I'm distracted ---like if you talked to me while I was driving/navigating through an unfamiliar/complicated area, I hardly talk, and when I do it's very short... sometimes people will be like.. are you mad? what's wrong?? ARE WE LOST?!]--- it's interesting how sometimes the mind will fill in the blanks it can't interpret with projections.

I assume it's just my energy is all being focused on the matter at hand/Ti, so it's not necessarily going to elicit any strong overt expression.

gromit

likes this
Both INFPs I know in real life tended to have very serious facial expressions most of the time. Unless something very funny was happening. Or occasionally you'd get a glimpse of this cute little earnest smile. That is the best to me.

G

Ginkgo

Not as difficult as these things:

facebook-security-check1.jpg