User Tag List

First 12345 Last

INFPs are as transparent as water and as delightful as a mountain stream.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've been told that too, but it may just be the people saying that who find me hard to read. I can echo the "reserved, neutral expression" thing as well as people confusing that for some negative emotion. I'll get pegged as being snooby/aloof when I am just shy. People project a lot onto quiet people.

As you can see, many think we're a simple bunch though, and interestingly, that's precisely one of the "Fi masks". I suppose this means those people only THINK they're reading certain Fi-dom individuals easily, because the simple, childlike mask has them fooled into thinking there is nothing more to them .

So basically, I think it is a common IxFP experience, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jung
    'Still waters run deep' is very true of such [people]. They are mostly silent, inaccessible, and hard to understand; often they hide behind a childish or banal mask, and their temperament is inclined to melancholy. They neither shine nor reveal themselves.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My INFP boyfriend is emotionally open with me, but with people he doesn't know very well or trust, he shows absolutely nothing.

Usually I can tell if he is upset or unhappy about something, but sometimes it is difficult to tell if he is sad or stressed or just feeling horrible because of various reasons or mad at me or mad at someone else or disappointed or just affected by the weather
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I wouldn't doubt it, if I actually am an INFP anyways... I often find myself actively trying to repress my emotional reactions... I'm really not sure why, it's somewhat amusing though. So I suppose I can be difficult to read, and I believe people have said that about me in the past.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

If I'm trying to be opaque, I can be opaque. Ex: people I don't really care for usually have no idea.

but if I'm not consciously opaque, my emotions are out there in a subtle way.
    and I can be quite funny and playful with people I'm comfortable with.

or so I think.

MBTI
    STP

yes, once they start playing with you...stupid Ti doesnt do a very good job of reading
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Fi is easy to read in the eyes.

What I really want to know about INFPs is how capable are you of forgiving.

I am not asking about a personal situation. I was wondering how it feels being an INFP
    Last edited by Istbkleta; 08-18-2012 at 11:30 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ The xNFPs are known for being more forgiving then the xNFJs. It's likely the Ne tendency to be able to see reality as non-static on its own, where things can always be changing into something with new potential. It's kind of like hitting a reset button with us then; you need only to show some positive change & now you've redeemed your former value.

Whereas Ni sees reality as "moldable", and if they feel they can't mold it into what they want/need, then they tend to write it off. If something changes of its own accord, they tend to see it as unpredictable & harder to mold, which is a negative. This is a clash between NPs & NJs.... Both may see the other as "fickle", but for different reasons.

xNFPs have also been shown to be the types with the strongest tendency to empathize heavily with others. This means we can understand easily why someone has done something wrong/hurtful, and even if we don't condone it, that understanding can lessen our anger or hurt. As idealistic as we may be, we understand human nature well & don't hold it against people when they are "just human".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Well we're not super forth coming with information and are usually lost in our heads so probably yes, however most intuitives are hard to read. We're a complex manipulative bunch.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    INFPs are as transparent as water and as delightful as a mountain stream.
    For INxPs maybe. I don't think anyone else has our number that well.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.