User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENFP's with other types

so, i know the ideal type for ENFP's theoretically is ISTP, but i was wondering if ENFP's were good at adapting themselves to relationships with people outside that. i know i get along well with INFJ's, two of my best friends are INFJ's, but it seems that in terms of relationships i never seem to encounter these two types often enough.

however, i tend to meet girls of other types, and right now i'm talking to an ENTP that i'm fairly interested in but i am a bit concerned because we're both extroverted types and that's a lot of energy. sometimes i'm up a little later than i want cause she doesn't want to get off the phone.

i guess what i'm trying to ask is if the ENFP's ability to adapt situations is effective enough to carry relationships with different personality types that may not be the ideal? i try to make relationships work because it forces me to step up and try to balance myself out, cause i understand an ENFP that's not properly developed or has gone wrong won't be able to stick to his commitments.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

When it comes to relationships, try to leave personality theory out of it. Depending on the theory you read, ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, and INFJ are all the ENFP's "ideal" mate. At the same time, I know a happily married ENFP + ESTJ. I also know of a happily married ENFP + ISTP. Therefore, screw relationship theory and date the person you're most compatible with.

As for your last paragraph, I sense the potential of you getting in a lame relationship and not leaving it because leaving = failure on your part to stick to anything, or failure to adapt. DON'T DO IT! More precisely, don't fall into the trap of staying in a relationship too long and pouring too much effort into it only to end in despair. Go with whom you're compatible, and have the wisdom to end it when your head (not your heart) tells you to.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Where'd you hear that ISTPs were our ideal match? I've read that INTJs and to a certain extent ISTJs, too, are supposed to be ideal...

Anyway, my actual point is, don't for a minute decide to not pursue a relationship based on MBTI type. Happiness, in the end, has very little to do with type and a lot to do with maturity, etc. So please, please don't avoid something that's less than ideal when on paper!

As far as specific types, my female ENTP friend is an absolute blast - she and I get along brilliantly. I think there's an explosive chemistry between those two types, whether in friendships or relationships. It may tend to burn out a little quicker in an intense relationship, but hell, I'd say it's pretty worth it!

If only I knew an available ENTP male!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Where'd you hear that ISTPs were our ideal match? I've read that INTJs and to a certain extent ISTJs, too, are supposed to be ideal...

Anyway, my actual point is, don't for a minute decide to not pursue a relationship based on MBTI type. Happiness, in the end, has very little to do with type and a lot to do with maturity, etc. So please, please don't avoid something that's less than ideal when on paper!

As far as specific types, my female ENTP friend is an absolute blast - she and I get along brilliantly. I think there's an explosive chemistry between those two types, whether in friendships or relationships. It may tend to burn out a little quicker in an intense relationship, but hell, I'd say it's pretty worth it!

the ISTP is socionics theory more than MBTI.

also, how do you get the stats that are on your signature?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

personally I find ISTPs to be extremely dry and boreing, INTJs on the other hand I get along with exceptionally. Ive never once had a problem or reason to not want to be in the company of an INTJs. And ISTJs are so opposite their endlessly amuseing, until we come to a point when we both have an opposeing oponion on a matter and refuse to give it up, then it becomes very easy to blow up at one or the other.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post

It's not just you. ENTPs are simply explosive with everything and everyone. Their humour isn't phlegmatic, it's nitroglycerin.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    FiSi

What about INFPs? Like, btw.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

i get along great with enfps... and im pretty much more infj than enfj.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

I've had great relationships with ENFPs.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's not just you. ENTPs are simply explosive with everything and everyone. Their humour isn't phlegmatic, it's nitroglycerin.
    No! They're mine! All mine!

*hides ENTPs behind back*
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp