User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm pretty sure that INFJ's and ENFP's are supposed to be the ideal types for each other. That's what I hear a lot. It seems like ENFP's (along with other INFJ's like me) just sort of gravitate towards me. A lot of ENFP's I see seem to love INFJ's, and vice versa. There just seems to be something special between these two types, and I hear a lot of good stories about the two being together. Whenever I see an ENFP, something... goes off in my head.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I'm pretty sure that INFJ's and ENFP's are supposed to be the ideal types for each other. That's what I hear a lot. It seems like ENFP's (along with other INFJ's like me) just sort of gravitate towards me. A lot of ENFP's I see seem to love INFJ's, and vice versa. There just seems to be something special between these two types, and I hear a lot of good stories about the two being together. Whenever I see an ENFP, something... goes off in my head.
    I agree. Ferris+INFJ's=happy Ferris.
    E-1% N-50% F-75% P-67%

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's not just you. ENTPs are simply explosive with everything and everyone. Their humour isn't phlegmatic, it's nitroglycerin.
    Muahahahhaha...sometimes nitroglycerin can be fun!

I love ENTPs. Love 'em. They are crazy and have a bombastic, nutty sense of humor like I do. They come up with the craziest ideas that makes you want to go and and all at the same time!

I have a couple of students who I'm sure are ENTPs. One definitely is because he's also interested in MBTI. He's a BLAST!!!! (Therefore, the nitroglycerin - hehehe)

Regarding a partner - hmm, not sure if it would be a great match or not. I had never come across an ENTP in terms of a romantic relationship and I am perfectly happy with my husband, so it is not an issue anymore.

You want to date an ENTP? I can't see why not?! Start off as friends because as friends they are definitely cool beans, and if it develops into something more, Schweeeeet!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Muahahahhaha...sometimes nitroglycerin can be fun!

I love ENTPs. Love 'em. They are crazy and have a bombastic, nutty sense of humor like I do. They come up with the craziest ideas that makes you want to go and and all at the same time!
    . . . .
    You want to date an ENTP? I can't see why not?! Start off as friends because as friends they are definitely cool beans, and if it develops into something more, Schweeeeet!
    Beware... ENTPs generally have a lot of expectations... they have to get a lot of out a relationship in order to compromise...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENFP

dated an entp.

major philosophical disconnect there.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Ideal types are fine to discuss in theory but once you're met someone don't obsess over their type, rather use the knowledge of MBTI to develop your relationship and connection. obviously INTJs are where it's at though :rolli:

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Ideal types are fine to discuss in theory but once you're met someone don't obsess over their type, rather use the knowledge of MBTI to develop your relationship and connection. obviously INTJs are where it's at though :rolli:
    I've found it's of great use to discover why I have an intrinsic hatred of someone's fundamental self.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

here's the thing, many people are gonna theorize relationships with MBTI the problem is that the thery could be twisted wither way, and different experts contradict each other. as much as i am an N (my N score's off the charts with my step II test), i think this situation calls for some proper stats and research. here's a good piece on just that:

PersonalityDesk - Resources - Compatibility and Your Myers-Briggs

as ENFP's, we have an advantage in our people skills. NF's typically have a great sense of morality and working towards a relationship. there are some types that i find hard to bond with though. J's are often militant so i have a tough time bonding with them as a P unless they have an F to go along with it. i can get along with S's well enough, though i don't think i could ever date an 'S extremist' especially if they have a T function to go with it (they could continually ridicule me being abstract just because it's 'true'). ESTJ's would be a complete nightmare for me. i'm thinking that ISTJ's could hook me in with their initial shyness but destroy me eventually ;/ . ISTJ's do have a very fun side to them as well though, they just put duty first. that could mean a 9:1 split between restrictive ISTJ and fun ISTJ, and that's no good for me either.

MBTI
    GONE

ENFP-INTP. I don't get it either but it seems like a 'natural' pairing from my RL experience. Peanut Butter and Organic Pomegranate Jelly.

INFX-ENFP. Didn't expect it, but yes, also easy chemistry!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Just like to add it seems that for a majority, N's do well with N's, and S's do well with S's.

Trying to find the perfect type is theory, and sometimes is hard to find good statistical data on (i.e. INTJ's with us being 1% of the population). Relationships take work but N+N and sometimes other opposite traits can make things easier.

That is why I like Kiersey, he makes it simple, but actually has indepth reasons afterwards. If you are interested in relationship theory...

Just don't rely on it as there are 1000000 other factors beyond "perfect" personalities that come into play.