• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Uncanny Public Speaking Abilities

purple tuesday

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I first noticed my ability to speak well in a public setting my junior year of high school. I had to give a 10 minute presentation in biology. When it was over I thought I had done terribly (fumbled with my words, forgot to say specific things). It turns out that my teacher loved my presentation and I got the highest grade in class. I am rather soft-spoken and reserved so I had never expected to do well speaking in front of a group.
Since then I have given several talks at my church and thought they were all terrible. However, after every single one of them I have recieved many compliments from people about how much they loved what I had to say and how well thought-out it was. I also am quoted by those who speak after me. I keep being invited to speak so I guess the compliments are genuine.
The funny thing is, I get better feedback when I go into the talk having a general idea of what I'm going to say rather than write it all out word-by-word beforehand.
My question to other INFP's: have you had similar experiences with public speaking?
Other types are welcome to comment as well :)