User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    XXXX

Default XNFPs and Knowing the "Essence" of People

I'm very interested in how these two types in particular have intuitive feelings about the essence or core of people. How does it work, exactly? What is it about Ne-Fi/Fi-Ne that lends itself to being so good at this? Is there a difference as to how INFPs and ENFPs approach this? Can you sense the essence of everyone you come in contact with, or it it just family/good friends? How about acquaintances?

Ginkgo

We can tell if someone's dead just by checking their pulse.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Usually I can get a feel for what people are like the first time I meet them by their facial expressions, tone of voice, and language. I think this is how it works: Ne working through Fi takes in the previously listed features and emotions, makes connections, and paints a picture of the person. The accuracy of the picture improves after being around the person more, but is usually pretty accurate after the first meeting.
    But maybe this isn't what you meant by "essence?" Do you mean just knowing someone very well and being able to guess how they will act in the future?

MBTI
    INFP

It's pretty crazy, but I can't fully explain it. Sometimes I look at someone and in an instant have a pretty good idea of what their life has been like up to this point, and how it will unfold in the future.

Some people are more difficult to read, though, and it takes time. The most difficult to read are sociopaths. That's why I find them so fascinating!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

What type are you, my dear?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm not aware of it happening but it's as tho we absorb some feeling sense of who they are at the core. Their deepest values and the place they are speaking from.

I have even had instances where I get some odd flash type of thing when I see someone. Like this woman at the store the other day... A flash of her yelling at and spanking a child... Just sort of viciously... My boyfriend and I pass by her at the store and He mentions how mean she looks and I told him the flash I had and he said it happens to him too. He also saw her yelling... Just all red in the face and full of hate.

I don't know what that is.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

Yep, Lady, I get the exact same. What type is your BF?

Sometimes it's a simple flash which encodes a likely scenario, and other times it's a complex flash that gives me more of a life review of the individual.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Whoa you do!? What is that!? He's an infp!

I get them all the time it's like just a visual that's meant to express their character or something I guess. A glimpse. It's weird. I don't even think what we're seeing is a real moment. It's more just like a feeling impression that comes to us visually if that makes sense.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

It's "psychic" abilities, though really I take it to be nothing more than highly developed Fi-SI & Ne-Te

When it's a simple flash, I don't get too moved by it. When it's a complex flash, I usually literally jump a bit as if a bolt of lightning just flew down my spine :o

It can be quite the overwhelming experience, tbh. Just depends on how dark/complex the intuitions are.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I don't get visual flashes, though the energy of the person often indicates their personality. I see..colours and sense emotions in people. Troubled people for instance have like a thundercloud type of grey around them. Manipulating people have often this icky red-brown feeling. People in pain make me feel pain as well. Things like that. Aside from that, certain types of behavior give me insight into the trauma they've been through in the past. I guess the flashes happen here, for me. That combined with the color thing can occasionally give me an insight into who they are a person and what made them so

There is also an intensity and freshness to colors that are a temporary or new state of being surrounding the person and a stained, matte, almost worn out feeling to those that are permanent. Kind of like clothes that have been worn past their prime. As for behaviors, they act like bread crumbs for my radar. I have a kind of..radar type thingy, blinking in the areas where peoples personal pain is hidden. I often don't know what it is, but I can gauge the size and depth of the wound.

Edit: As for how close one has to be: the more time you have to actually observe them and probe them, the more detailed the picture becomes, but it is possible to do this with even strangers in the street.

I also find that the more time one on one I get, the more accurate I get, and physical proximity helps. In fact, I get most accurate (and most overwhelmed by their emotional state) when physically touching.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”