User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default INFJ and ISFJ compatibility

Hi everyone! This is my first post on here, and I'm excited to expand my knowledge of personality

I'm just going to jump right in. The group of friends that I spend most of my time with is pretty diverse--there's someone who represents each temperament and we all get along really well. However, there's one person in this group who just rubs me the wrong way. I can't quite pinpoint what it is about them, but I find myself not wanting to be very close to them and being generally irritated by what they have to say. I don't think that they feel the same way about me, so I was wondering if our MBTI types were a factor in why I feel this way. I'm an INFJ and they're an ISFJ.

A_priori

From my observations.. ISFJs tend to be moody just like the INFJ.. However, one thing that I found works really well with the ISFJ is encouragement and praise for the things they do well. This is not to say that this is strictly indicative of the ISFJ; just an observation as I work with quite a few. Another thing I wanted to mention quickly is that the INFJs and ISFJs don't nessearely fall to far from the tree. Temperaments can be similar and in general I find them to be really good reliable people. Also, do you know for sure if this friend is an ISFJ or are you typecasting ?

Welcome =)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by A_priori View Post
    From my observations.. ISFJs tend to be moody just like the INFJ.. However, one thing that I found works really well with the ISFJ is encouragement and praise for the things they do well. This is not to say that this is strictly indicative of the ISFJ; just an observation as I work with quite a few. Another thing I wanted to mention quickly is that the INFJs and ISFJs don't nessearely fall to far from the tree. Temperaments can be similar and in general I find them to be really good reliable people. Also, do you know for sure if this friend is an ISFJ or are you typecasting ?

Welcome =)
    Thanks for your post, it was helpful I'm know that they're definitely ISFJ. When I started getting into MBTI I actually tested a bunch of my friends a few times and then wrote down their types.

A_priori

Oh ok right on.. Ya I think there are a lot of reasons why Sombody might rub you the wrong way. That person may feel the same way about you. I find that it's sometimes good to get engaged in a one on one conversation with people who rub me the wrong way. This way you guys are both aware of eachothers intentions, motives ect.. It's also a good chance to clear the air. Find out about eachother and try and connect with eachothers feelings. You guys may not be compatable but I say it's always worth trying to create a relationship. Some of the best people I know have been the ones who have rubbed me the wrong way untill I have gotten to know them.

Good luck

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Welcome to the forums!

I don't know how helpful this is to you, but I personally find ISFJs to be some of the easiest people to get along with. If what rubs you the wrong way about them is related to MBTI, it's probably either your Ni reacting to their Si, or maybe you're having some kind of reaction to the similarities in your types (both have Fe auxiliary and Ti tertiary). Sometimes people can prefer it when people are more different to them than similar. Although I have a feeling that this isn't really related to MBTI and is more about individual differences between people. I could be wrong, though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .