First 123 Last

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I find my subconscious and dreams alerts me to problems or emotions in the conscious world. It's not only just the symbols that pop up in them, but also how I am feeling that is an indication of such. I cross-reference my dreams to understand how I am feeling as well as my thoughts. I research the symbols that pop up, even though I typically have an idea what they mean already, I still want to verify the meaning behind it. The spooky thing is, I've had a couple prophetic dreams where the event that happens in them happens in real life.

I've even had music come to me in dreams, and it's signified important pieces for me in the waking world. It's like the music becomes a channel for my subconscious as well as the dreams themselves.

I think of dreams as something quite useful for me to understand my innermost thoughts and emotions, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP

I've had crazy vivid dreams and wicked experiences all throughout life. Under the influence mostly as a teen, through meditation as an adult, or during peak experiences, and as a kid by sensory deprivation and long nights.

I still have an epic dream that feels like a month packed in about once a season. Every once in a while if I get really stressed, then mostly pass out within a minute but remain conscious, I'll have a wicked OOBE. Those are fun, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's really some form of epilepsy and not so good for the mind in the long run.

The real question I have for NF's is, "How much conscious awareness/control of the environment do you have?"

The ones I bother to put time into once I wake up are either vivid/complex, or I could control the environment on top of it. The first has a meaning/purpose/goal. The latter is just for play.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've had vivid dreams where I could remember certain smells in my dreams. I've had a few flying dreams. A lot of the dreams I've had in the dreams I'm living in the house I lived in when I was a kid but the house is in a different area and the people are strangers but sometimes it's people I know. Sometimes I'm an observer and sometimes a participant.

In many of my dreams I'm trying to figure out things. The last crazy dream I had was weird, I live in Colorado and I have a few relatives that live in south Georgia, in my dream I was riding in the back of an RV with a strange elderly couple who I was riding with from Colorado to Georgia and we made the trip in the RV in just under 6 hours and I kept asking the old man driving "how the hell did we make a 1500+ mile trip on the interstate in an RV in less than 6 hours ?" and the old man just kept saying he was a fast driver and I just kept trying to make sense of it until I woke up. I've had plenty of strange dreams.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    The spooky thing is, I've had a couple prophetic dreams where the event that happens in them happens in real life.
    This has happened to me a couple times over the years and it's very strange. I can't rationalize it of course.

When I was 5, sleeping in my mothers bed, I had a dream of blue and red neon spiders floating all around me. I woke up and cried. My mom turned on the lights to find a black widow on the wall near me.

That was the earliest I remember that happening.

My dreams are usually deeply emotional and the feelings that I wake with can permeate my whole day.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I think I probably dream less than most people. At least I don't remember them as much. But I find about half of them meaningful in some way. Sometimes I use them as ideas for stories. Sometimes when I wake up it's clear that it was an allegory for something I've been thinking about or experiencing. Other times I'll think that it was meaningful but have no idea how, until I start journaling about it or telling it to someone, and then I'll suddenly start getting emotional about a certain part, and it'll suddenly hit me how whatever that part is is connected to something in my real life. Sometimes I don't know how I really feel about something in my real life until this happens.

Also, I've never had recurring dreams, but I've had a couple dreams where it was storylines that kept continuing night after night.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'll have to revise my thinking with you and @INTP responding.
    Sorry, didn't mean to be nitpicking! I just know T's which have explored the idea is all, one in particular being a lucid dreamer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I love my dreams because they are always so vivid and crazy. I usually don't realize how crazy they they are until i tell them to my friends, who stare at me like i suddenly grew two heads! I have been able to find meaning in a few of my dreams, but the rest are so random i can't see any connections between them and the real world. Sometimes, only during naps, there is a specific dreamworld that i go to. It's the same place every time. It's so constant that i can map it out. I even know about the places in my dreamworld that i haven't been to yet. I think there is a connection between those places and specific life events that haven't happened yet, like getting married.

MBTI
    INFP

Oh, I forgot to mention that flying in my dreams is usually the first step in having a fully lucid dream. It's a way for me to assess if I'm dreaming or not. I get a hunch that I'm dreaming, then decide to take control and do a weird spin movement while I ascend into the air. From that point, I can do whatever: shoot outside the atmosphere and travel the cosmos, interact with aliens, rape women, gun down whoever, or simply observe the crazy scenery I'm semi-consciously creating.

Those are the "for fun" dreams. The one's where I'm aware, super vivid, yet choose not to manipulate are the ones that I'm on some sort of mission, in the past, present, or future, and will continue to have the same "dream" until I conquer it. Then I must apply the lesson learned in the real life. It's a new intuitive marker to live my life by and assess situations.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Im a pretty stereotypical ENFP in this regard. Someone told me once to follow my dreams.. I haven't stopped since. I take it pretty literally. I am very close to them--and they guide me from time to time.. On a deeper level though. I don't do the whole "OMG my dream says I cheat on my husband with my best friend--I need to avoid my best friend at all costs!" craziness.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Dreams are only useful when we give them outward phsyical expression.