User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFs...have you ever got up and left everything behind to start a new life?

6w5 sp/sx

Moving out of my parent's house would be a dream come true. With my mom's luck, I'll move FAR away.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:

4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I was always confused when my townie friends would look at me, bewildered, saying, ''how can you just leave EVERYTHING here?!'' When I'd decided to go adventuring/live elsewhere. I'd always ask, ''what is it you think I'm leaving? Everything that actually matters remains with me, where ever I end up.''

Growing up a 'Navy Brat' - being moved around constantly- made such a lifestyle the norm for me. I keep in touch with friends just the same, regardless of distance. Ironically, we probably visit about just as often, either way. Whenever I've decided to relocate, it was never necessarily about 'leaving' anything- but more like moving toward something- possibility- new space for growth- or an environment that may better foster that growth.

Whenever I go to the town I lived in the longest out of any, I can't help thinking to myself, ''this place is a tomb.'' And I can't find a reason to stick around, and I'm quite okay with that.

I never felt like I needed a ''home town.'' I can create that wherever I can maintain inner peace.

Ever forward, I say.
    I relate to this so much! I moved around a lot as a kid as well, so I am not sure if moving just feels normal to me, or if it is part of my personality anyways. I constantly feel the need to be moving on, to experience something new, and I have very few qualms with picking up and taking off. In fact, I'm always planning my next escape! I am someone who needs to feel motion and change around me in order to feel it inside. I feel like my growth is being stunted if I have to remain in one area for an extended period of time.

4 so/sp

Yes, I have. I happily left Minnesota a little over three years ago, and haven't looked back. I had lived there around 8 years, and by the time I decided to leave, had realized there wasn't any reason for me being there; that I certainly didn't want to live there for the rest of my life, so why exactly was I there? I was completely stagnating.

So, I quit my job, traveled to South America for 7 weeks, then New Zealand for 3 weeks, then got things packed up in a POD, shipped to Colorado, found a place to live once I got to Colorado, spent a while being unemployed, then eventually found a permanent job.

I could see myself doing it again sometime.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

4w5 sp/sx

I would, except I have certain people counting on me. When I was 16 I jumped on a greyhound bus and left my home state, never looked back. If the situation was right, I'd wouldn't hesitate to to start again somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I desperately WANT to move away to California or New York.
    Do it!

And yes I've done this. I jumped on a plane from CA to DC and stayed 7 or 8 years too long. I was miserable. I never really loved the city it was manageable and then it lingered likeva bad relationship. Complacency is the EP's enemy.

I have travelled a lot and I'm a big fan of jumping. I want to live inNYC (again) for at least 1 year and in an English speaking country for at least 1 year (Australia, UK) and etc. it's not a matter of prep, it's a matter of doing it. I highly recommend it. While you are single and free and young and mobile you gotta take advantage of time and opportunity. Or make your opportunity rather.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

I wish I could. I need cash.

morose bourgeoisie Array

I moved and started over three times.. The first two times I knew no one in the destination city and had no job. I don't know if I could do that again.

Not sure what counts. I grew up in South Alabama.

I went to graduate school in North AL.

I worked in Mississippi.

I currently work in Florida.

I enjoy reading about vagabonds, and have some wanderlust, but I'm not sure I will ever feel so free as to travel thus.

Yet, I would like to think I travel on the inside of myself, and each of us weaves a prison of the mind, and collection of attractive prison bearing geography separation, and another manifesting the ability to paradigm shift at will. What I'm hoping is that the interior, that is the mind, will gain infinite power and freedom...maybe some of this will trickle out to some geographical transcendence or displacement.

I'm continuing the experiments. Whether they lead to actual displacement or not is uncertain.

Meanwhile, I'm reading about Daniel Suelo with desire, and I've made some...what I feel are some breakthroughs over the past month myself. Now, as I said, it is a big question whether metaphysics will become physics. I believe I've made enormous progress at putting the little thread through the eye of the needle, and woven webs I find are attractive prisons for myself to live...perhaps ultimate freedom is a prison as well...but I seek it regardless.

If you look up Suelo, I will tell you I've made experiments that will be similar, but mine are not as honorable. See, Suelo did more than travel around everywhere, he left our monetary system entirely. He does not buy. He does not sell. He does not even barter. In a way, I want to have the same trust of the universe...but I'm still reading the book.

I've traveled long distances, moved several times to live different places, and dropped and picked up different things do with my time. However, it's never felt like getting up and leaving everything behind to start a new life. So I dunno.

never but these are the times I wanted to.

1.I was planning on stealing all my parents money and running away at 13 cause I hated my family.
    2.after getting kicked out of university

I never think about leaving now days cause I know I won't ever change and running away to a new place won't change a thing.