User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which type is the best at reading people?

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    ESFP - They have a better grasp of what's hot in pop culture and social rituals than any other type, as well as their keen eye for detail and the feelings of other people. This is partly why I don't like this type!
    you've described Fe doms more than ESFPs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Senior Member Array EntangledLight's Avatar

i agree with Elfboy.

what you're saying is that you dislike people who have your inferior as their dominant... pretty normal in some cases.

Senior Member Array TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    4w5 sx/sp

I consider myself to be good at two aspects of reading/sensing people.

What are they feeling?
    What are their core motivations and/or values? (may have to do with my conversational style and questions I tend to ask, but even with just listening, its what I pick up on first when meeting someone new and listenign to them talkabout themselves)

Those are things that matter to me, so I think it woudl be reasonable to theorize that with any person, the things they value would be the thing they would read/sense/percieve better than others. Overall, I get a "sense" for people, but it is only if i go back and try to anaylze my impressions that "reading" takes place - "ok, why did I get this sense about them?, oh it was because ____ and ____ and ____ that made me think that". To me, the prhase "reading people" implies a conscious effort and that is where I think the T types would be very good at it with training (mentalists and human polygraphs etc).
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

On reflection, I'd say enfp/infps are the best at reading people. Theres an infp at work who always reads exactly how Im feeling as soon as I turn up. His reasons for my feelings are not always that accurate though. Id say Im better at working out why people are feeling a certain way.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Im not sure about reading people, but I would happily say im easily read. And for my part I wouldn't have it any other way.

Afterall I have nothing to gain from being insincere and obtuse about my motives. However I will say that motives and intentions can easily be worked out from watching the subtle nuances...the little ticks and tell tale words and terms, the tone, the expression, ( or sometimes lack of), can all contribute to an understanding of a persons mindset and beliefs.

It's a lot easier than people think. Unfortunately as with all untold impressions...any individual you reveal this to reserves the right to proclaim that this is not the case and pretend that you are wrong...or sometimes you are actually wrong.

Some people seem to be offended by the idea that they are 'figured out' ive no idea why. Although anyone who believes they have any one individual completely figured out is arrogant and ignorant.

I suppose it is all to do with the competative nature of humanity...constant comparisons, where does it stop? What is needed is acceptance, not comparison.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

9w1 sx/so

i can't remember if i posted yet but i think nfps are good at it.

the fe doms i know are just usually wrong and sort of paranoid.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison