• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP: Darkness

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
I must admit that I have quite a bit of darkness, and am either an ENFP else INFP, still not sure. I see no reason to accept "mental illness" as a real condition except in extreme cases. Everyone is ill. Society as a whole is broken. I posit that the ones who attempt to hold their social mask, and exude a fake smile just cause, are the most ill and of the type that will ignore "negative" situations even if it means they or others will suffer.

I hate Fe with a passion! Guess that makes me "mentally ill"

:shock:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dated an ENFP for a short while, and while he was for the most part the traditional spontaneous, passionate and witty social butterfly that complemented my own personality perfectly, there was a serious darkness there - a kind of volatile, often self-deprecating intensity that I only caught glimpses of (at least at first). I do suspect and have reason to believe that he is, at least to some degree, mentally ill, so perhaps mine is a flawed example...

sounds like what i do, trying to hide my darkness from myself.. yes its "illness" if thats what you call it, and the cure is to find something which gives us safety, safety to be ourselves. to not be pressured by expectations of others, or actually having expectations of being what we are is the best, and only way to get out of these shell modes some of us escape our darkness to.

im not safe in this reality, the worst danger is my own pain. i hardly trust even those i trust most to have a glimpse at my true self. even though i do casually form deep connections with people, yet how could they see what im hiding from myself even if i do allow them inside me?

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sounds like what i do, trying to hide my darkness from myself.. yes its "illness" if thats what you call it, and the cure is to find something which gives us safety, safety to be ourselves. to not be pressured by expectations of others, or actually having expectations of being what we are is the best, and only way to get out of these shell modes some of us escape our darkness to.

im not safe in this reality, the worst danger is my own pain. i hardly trust even those i trust most to have a glimpse at my true self. even though i do casually form deep connections with people, yet how could they see what im hiding from myself even if i do allow them inside me?

I didn't intend to imply that it was those traits, and those traits alone that led me to determine that he was unstable, nor that anyone who shows those traits is mentally unbalanced — only that they became more pronounced in this person as his personal issues came to light.

purple tuesday

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an ENFP friend who is bubbly and full of energy for 4/7 days of the week. Then she seems very withdrawn and upset for the remaining 3. I read somewhere that ENFP's do this sometimes. They have days where they're really happy and then it's like they crash. I'm not sure they are upset for as much as 3 days though. My friend had some issues :)

isra

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Any ENFPs get asked if they're mad a lot? People are always asking me if I'm okay, and I'm always totally fine. I think my face looks unhappy by default and if I'm just chillin, observing a room, people will think I'm upset, but I'm not. Sometimes I feel like my energy is darker than others, even though I'm ultimately optimistic, spontaneous, fun-loving, excitable, etc...

i relate to this so much just an hour ago a lady kept asking me if i was mad when i was just feeling a lil down or trying to concentrate on something
at school whenever im walking down the hallways alone my friends would ask "why do you look so sad" some describe me looking a child who got her teddy bear stolen
i think its just my face that looks sad when i have no expression on its really annoying

StarFollowed

Stardust
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don’t get asked if I’m mad at all, and I’m a 4w5, supposedly a very angry, envious enneagram type.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People don't typically ask if I'm angry. Sometimes I get bored or sad, which I guess my resting face might look like.

For me, it's more frustration than anger. Unless we're dealing with inanimate objects or people who are endangering the mental and physical well-being of others, then I am more likely to get angry.

Part of this could be that I lean more towards being a phobic 6. I suspect my tritype is 614 or 694, one of which is described as the most phobic variety of 6. Then, I'm an sp 6 and we're supposed to be more phobic as well. But I honestly don't see myself as an extremely phobic person. I'm definitely not a CP 6, but I don't feel very phobic either.

I just don't really see much of a reason to be angry in all honesty. I don't particularly like how anger makes me feel, and I just don't really see a reason to be angry at a lot of things. I'm more likely to be frustrated (which I suppose is a form of anger, but it's a bit different) or anxious.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
ENFPs may look slightly angry when doing NeTe loop. I think it's the impersonal "get things done" energy of Te.

From 0025:

YouTube
It's not real anger, though, more like pushiness.

Same ENFP doing Fi-Si loop:

YouTube

Same person, completely different impression.

Funny thing is that my mother often interprets my unhappy expression as tranquil for some reason. The weird thing is that I clearly see that it's an unhappy expression. May have something to do with her probably being an ISFJ. Perhaps Fi and Fe can't read each other well or something like that.