User Tag List

First 123

Thread: ENFP: Darkness

MBTI
    INFP

I must admit that I have quite a bit of darkness, and am either an ENFP else INFP, still not sure. I see no reason to accept "mental illness" as a real condition except in extreme cases. Everyone is ill. Society as a whole is broken. I posit that the ones who attempt to hold their social mask, and exude a fake smile just cause, are the most ill and of the type that will ignore "negative" situations even if it means they or others will suffer.

I hate Fe with a passion! Guess that makes me "mentally ill"

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by Owlesque View Post
    I dated an ENFP for a short while, and while he was for the most part the traditional spontaneous, passionate and witty social butterfly that complemented my own personality perfectly, there was a serious darkness there - a kind of volatile, often self-deprecating intensity that I only caught glimpses of (at least at first). I do suspect and have reason to believe that he is, at least to some degree, mentally ill, so perhaps mine is a flawed example...
    sounds like what i do, trying to hide my darkness from myself.. yes its "illness" if thats what you call it, and the cure is to find something which gives us safety, safety to be ourselves. to not be pressured by expectations of others, or actually having expectations of being what we are is the best, and only way to get out of these shell modes some of us escape our darkness to.

im not safe in this reality, the worst danger is my own pain. i hardly trust even those i trust most to have a glimpse at my true self. even though i do casually form deep connections with people, yet how could they see what im hiding from myself even if i do allow them inside me?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    sounds like what i do, trying to hide my darkness from myself.. yes its "illness" if thats what you call it, and the cure is to find something which gives us safety, safety to be ourselves. to not be pressured by expectations of others, or actually having expectations of being what we are is the best, and only way to get out of these shell modes some of us escape our darkness to.

im not safe in this reality, the worst danger is my own pain. i hardly trust even those i trust most to have a glimpse at my true self. even though i do casually form deep connections with people, yet how could they see what im hiding from myself even if i do allow them inside me?
    I didn't intend to imply that it was those traits, and those traits alone that led me to determine that he was unstable, nor that anyone who shows those traits is mentally unbalanced — only that they became more pronounced in this person as his personal issues came to light.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I have an ENFP friend who is bubbly and full of energy for 4/7 days of the week. Then she seems very withdrawn and upset for the remaining 3. I read somewhere that ENFP's do this sometimes. They have days where they're really happy and then it's like they crash. I'm not sure they are upset for as much as 3 days though. My friend had some issues