User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Along the lines of passive aggression, if I know someone is hinting at something, but being super indirect about it, I'll sometimes pretend I don't know what they're getting at (even if I do), so that if they do actually want something bad enough, they then have to ask me directly or state it directly. None of that hinting business!

Is that wrong?
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Along the lines of passive aggression, if I know someone is hinting at something, but being super indirect about it, I'll sometimes pretend I don't know what they're getting at (even if I do), so that if they do actually want something bad enough, they then have to ask me directly or state it directly. None of that hinting business!

Is that wrong?
    I don't think so.. it neutralizes part of their tool kit. They get more dangerous, like a snake in the grass, when you steam roll them. Sometimes it's worth it, though. Me gauging a full on war with a PA person inevitably accomplishes what they are looking for, me looking like a crazy person, calling out the 1000 papercuts they inflicted on me. But my secret weapon is that I don't care all that much if I look crazy at that point, or afterwards.. and I'll continue to bear down on them.

EDIT: I just realized this subject is highly germane to the discovery of my enneatype, 6, counterphobic. PA people are like the worst for my 'phobia' (I don't like that word). I even have advanced PA moves, when I feel that I'm targeted, where I'll plant a seeming mistake in a project for the PA person to call out in a public forum, and then I'll correct them haughtily in public. It works. My paranoia empowers me.

MBTI
    INFP

It is pathetic when people resort to this cowardly form of attack. They are so afraid of or inept at tactfully and democratically confronting an issue.