User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I have a very dear INFP friend who tells stories in the most detail-oriented manner I have ever encountered.

"He was at work so I was hanging out with my friend so-and-so and we met up with this other friend I had met one time at my brother's show. Then he texted me "______" (whatever it was he texted her) then I texted him (some other text message). Then he said __________ and I said _______, but then he didn't text me back at all. I had to go take a walk and I was crying. I tried to call my sister but she didn't answer. I went to see so-and-so's boyfriend perform at this cafe but I couldn't pay attention, I just wanted to see (original boy). Then he showed up and was talking to our other friend. I was sitting on the other side of the cafe. And he came over and said ______ to me. He said he had slept four hours in the past three days..."

She will describe several consecutive days in this level of detail, recounting precisely the chronology and specifics of each conversation, interaction, and feeling. Her memory for this kind of thing is pretty impressive, and I can tell all of the facts are important to how she is processing the situation.

I guess I am wondering if this is a general INFP idiosyncrasy or just one specific to my friend.
    I am capable of this, and have done it in the past, but somewhere along the way I learned that most people dont really care and cut you off, so I shorten stories for those people now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Since everyone has already mentioned Fi-Si, I'm just gonna put in a warning that Si does not necessarily give a very precise recollection. It's what the subject remembers happened, told in his/her own words from his/her point of view. So sometimes Fi-Si becomes Sci-Fi
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    it's like recalling a favourite movie and you tell your friends why you liked it, and how cool ___ was when ___ etc. or maybe its just a girl thing?
    Nope, I do it too. Not just with movies, also with books, songs, etc. Remembering where the 'emotional' high-points (and low-points) are
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yeah, my INFP friend had a solid memory about random details and facts from various topics that interested him. Maybe your friend is just particularly invested in these people, and feels the need to describe every detail, just in case one of those facts happens to be especially relevant.

LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED - just in case.

. . . Wait, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Si. Sorry for being redundant.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My INFP can do this, and I always enjoy listening to him
    4w5 sp/sx EII

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I have a very dear INFP friend who tells stories in the most detail-oriented manner I have ever encountered. [...]
    INFP rants can be like that: IOW, dwell on every gruesome little detail in order to try to make the listener feel the same emotions and outrage that the INFP felt at the time.

Gets on my nerves when it's done to me, and I take care not to do it to others in turn.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

my INFP friend often tells very detailed and long stories about what ever happened to him that day. and even tho he may talk 5+minutes about some simple thing, its usually a pleasure to listen to him. he has some weird talent on telling detailed long stories about boring things, without it being boring to listen to it
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

This sounds like me. Sometimes I interrupt my friends' stories to add detail or to heist the story from them because they are telling it wrong. I know that's annoying and I try not to, but if it's a really good story it should be told accurately. A big part of that is being able to lead someone through what happened accurately so that in the end they have lived it through you and have a good impression of the implications.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    This sounds like me. Sometimes I interrupt my friends' stories to add detail or to heist the story from them because they are telling it wrong. I know that's annoying and I try not to, but if it's a really good story it should be told accurately. A big part of that is being able to lead someone through what happened accurately so that in the end they have lived it through you and have a good impression of the implications.
    i do that too quite often and agree with the other stuff
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i do that too quite often and agree with the other stuff
    I suppose Ti/Si would be even more extreme about that than Fi/Si anyway... Si in addition to nitpicking accuracy!!! Do you do it with relationships too? "Then the person did this and then the person did that which didn't match what she said before so she's sending mixed messages" etc.

(for @Wolfie too)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.