12 Last

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default INFJs as Chameleons?

Question...are INFJs especially prone to resembling other MBTI types, because of our long-standing sensitivities and tendency to want to observe behavioral trends?

Let me give you an example: I tend to resemble and relate to other types to a point where I forget which part is actually 'myself'.

ENFP = I tend to appear like an ENFP when I see something that I'm obsessed about or am dealing with a subject of extreme interest to me.

INTP = A lot of my writing online seems to appear detached and informative in the same way I've seen in INTPs before. It's usually when I'm trying to exchange information about something scientific or abstract, and I'm trying to convey it as clearly as I can (my Tert Ti).

ISTP = I feel like I resonate VERY strongly with ISTPs at times, but maybe this is just wishful thinking (since they embody my Tert and Inferior functions and are everything that I wish I was myself...)

ESTP = A lot of my favorite characters I come up with are either ESTP or ISTP, and I think again this may have something to do with my Inferior and Tertiary functions. I usually like to have them have to deal with some Ni-Fe stuff over the course of my plotlines, though, in order to have them stress out and/or develop.

INFP = Eh...I feel like sometimes my Ni and Fe mash together to produce something that resembles Fi, but it's not quite the same thing. I've had too many conflicts with Fi-Doms based off of fundamental misunderstandings to say I can truly relate to them... ._. It's one of those things where I THINK we're on the same page, but then they start overreacting to something I say, and then I try to objectively explain why I said something, and they don't want to accept it? I dunno; whatever phenomenon it is, it's weird.

INTJ = I definitely relate to the thinking processes of an INTJ, but my execution differs; I have a little trouble acting upon my 'insights' in a Te-way, so I often find myself admiring the aloof mastermind INTJs I've encountered.

So...advice? Insights?

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

hmm...appear isn't the same as is, but INFJs seem to absorb others personas....might be a Fe thing. INFJs and INFPs also are quite similar.

edit; i meant to compare similar and appear. wrong choice of words lol
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    hmm...appear isn't the same as is, but INFJs seem to absorb others personas....might be a Fe thing. INFJs and INFPs also are quite similar.
    Well, that's kinda what I meant; chameleons don't literally turn into leaves when they change color, do they? ^^; They just LOOK like their background, they don't actually become it. (Actually, they mostly change color to communicate, but I would rather not digress from the current subject matter.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No from a Keirsey perspective SPs are the chameleons and from a functional perspective I believe Fe doms (ExFJs) and ENFPs (because of Dom Ne and Aux Fi) would be the best at "mirroring" other people.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I've found enfjs are the chameleons.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't exactly "mirror" - maybe to a certain extent but not a huge amount. I've known some people (perhaps mainly SPs?) who do it to such an extent that you end up really wondering what they're like.

I have been told a lot that I'm adaptable and good at getting with a variety of people. I think that's partly my upbringing/milieu, but not altogether. I'm quite accepting and easy-going and in a lot of cases I either like people, or even if I'm not crazy about them I like to keep things smooth (Fe!) so I make an effort with them. I think I have a pretty multi-faceted personality and I can hide/show different aspects depending what's suitable. Obviously those to whom I can show most facets are my closest friends, generally.

None of this is quite the same as "chameleon", though. I do sometimes "go along" a little too much, because I don't want to rock the boat, or I'm not sure how things are going to work out, etc. But I think I'm better at resisting when uncomfortable, than I used to be.

In terms of people who know about typology, I doubt anyone would think I was anything except IxFJ or ExFJ.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Even if I try to be a chameleon, it doesn't quite work. I'm accommodating to others' needs and adapting to an accepted culture, but I usually feel out of step with a group of people, so I really don't try too hard to blend in. Most times I am quiet and look out for signs from another person if it's okay to express things. Under stress I tend to be more chameleonic, but when I am feeling good about things, I really don't worry so much about going along to get along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Glycerine

I have caught myself unintentionally over-emphasizing the aspects of my personality that I think people will like or approve of.

You're probably an ENFJ.

Check it out some time

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by pmj85 View Post
    You're probably an ENFJ.

Check it out some time
    O_O I am NOT an extrovert. I might seem like it at times, but the majority of my waking thoughts are spent being zoned out, lost in thought and/or trying to make sense of the universe.

(No, you didn't offend me, I'm just surprised that someone would put 'me' and 'extravert' in the same sentence xD;; )