User Tag List

First 12

Up until (very) recently, I was also typed as INFJ. Everything you just said about being lost in thought etc doesn't mean toffee - any type can get lost in thought, and all types do. The vast majority of my own thoughts revolve around matters pertaining to the metaphysical; I care about the bigger picture first and foremost, yet I am an ENFJ. Trivial matters do not concern me, living in the present moment is nigh on impossible (no, really) and I seek to understand the nature of reality far more than I seek the company of others... yet in spite of all of this, I lead with Fe.

Strange, right? Perhaps not when you consider that I grew up with Ti-doms, but that's besides the point. The point is that you're asking a question about social chameleon-ism (new word? New word!) which is a product of Fe first and foremost. Socially, Fe can be mirror-like. If you experience this fluidity of character so much that you essentially 'lose' who you are, you should absolutely consider that you lead with Fe, not Ni. Funfact: I'm 26 years old and I've spent most of my teen years / adult life so far trying to work out who I am and what I'm about. When a Fe-dom looks within, things can become extremely confusing.

Oh, and for the record I would NEVER assume that I was an extravert. I took a lot of talking down in the end; eventually I saw sense and realised that I lead with Fe. Now, you may indeed be an INFJ (let's face it - INFJs still have a massive blast of Fe courtesy of their auxiliary) but I wouldn't be so quick to disregard ENFJ. Take a look a the following to see if you can identify:

http://personalityjunkie.com/enfj-type-profile/

http://personalitycafe.com/enfj-foru...ion-enfjs.html

.... annnnnd now I'm going to get a coffee, seeing as I wrote that straight out of bed

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

For me personally, I always felt like I had to change to a certain extent...And it's for a reason I hate to admit like crazy...But here it goes. A lot of people don't like the REAL me. Yeah, they might not hate it, but they will subconsciously avoid and snub me for not being like them. I always hated that, and found success in being other people, because sometimes it felt like having people like me for the fake me was better than having them not like the real me. Sure, it sounds paranoid as hell. But it's also kind of true. ENFJ's, ESTP, you name it...It helped sometimes, other times just didn't work. I'm moving to New York, and hope to meet more different kinds of people. I believe that will alleviate this problem.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

WALMART

I know INFJ's.

They stick out like a sore thumb.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

(*claps paddles together* CLEAR! *uses defibrillator on thread* Er...I hope there isn't a "Do not resuscitate" policy in this forum... ^^; )

@pmj85

Okay...I read those links, and now I admit I'm not sure...

Any way I can make sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    (*claps paddles together* CLEAR! *uses defibrillator on thread* Er...I hope there isn't a "Do not resuscitate" policy in this forum... ^^; )

@pmj85

Okay...I read those links, and now I admit I'm not sure...

Any way I can make sure?
    Speak to people and ask how they perceive you. I was genuinely surprised when my friends told me that I'm warm, engaging and 'bright'. I thought myself the opposite.

I'll answer when I get home on Friday. I'm in Greece right now. RAWR!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm not sure that's any kind of test. I can come across as warm, engaging, and bright, too -- and then I go home and go to bed. I attune extremely easily to other people and unconsciously mirror, to the point that a close friend commented on it saying I was exactly like any other person I was with. I'm not an E. It takes a lot out of me to shape-shift. I limit my interactions for that reason. But when I do interact, it's pretty total.

True, though commenting on personal experience I found input from others interesting because I don't actually 'see' myself, if you get me. I'm not really all that aware of how I come across a lot of the time; I have only noted it strange that, throughout life, people seem to take to me extremely quickly. I've never understood why. Derp.

To be honest, Tiltyred, it sounds as though you're more of a social chameleon than I am! I can get in to synch with people around me, though more often than not I actually prefer to hang back and keep myself to myself. I've found that my ISFJ friend is actually far better at engaging and conversing with people than I am. If I am an ENFJ, I'm a fairly chilled, reserved one

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I do a brilliant impression of an extrovert, given the right circumstances.