User Tag List

123 Last

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Question NFs/NTs: What would ____ do/think in response to ____?

Just thought this might be a helpful thread to people looking to see how other types would react to a situation. After all, a large portion of understanding someone is knowing how they would react to a given situation.

So I will start us out.
    What would an INFP do/think in response to their friend leaving a online checkers game in which the INFP was losing, and promptly logging out with a simple "I don't feel like playing anymore, bye."

Ask/answer away.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    So I will start us out.
    What would an INFP do/think in response to their friend leaving a online checkers game in which the INFP was losing, and promptly logging out with a simple "I don't feel like playing anymore, bye."

Ask/answer away.
    My guess would be to think nothing of it beyond "Hmmm that's strange..."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Probably ranges from what nightning says to, "I must have really bored them to tears" and potentially, "I feel bad they apparently hated being here enough to just duck out, if they had just told me they were bored we could have changed something."

But mostly an INFP would probably kindly "feel things out" the next time to see if they could coax out the motive and then respond accordingly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Just thought this might be a helpful thread to people looking to see how other types would react to a situation. After all, a large portion of understanding someone is knowing how they would react to a given situation.

So I will start us out.

Ask/answer away.

Well I am an INFP and I would probably think they'd left because I was losing and obviously boring them. I'd think it a little jerk-faced of them to just log out like that but I would probably get over it since I was losing anyway. My losing score wouldn't be marked down on my overall score board anyway!

I guess I should ask something. Um, what would an INTP or INTJ do/think if someone they knew randomly winked at them?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I guess I should ask something. Um, what would an INTP or INTJ do/think if someone they knew randomly winked at them?
    The two personalities process things very differently, not sure if they are comparable.

I'd have a number of possible thoughts, based just on the wink:
    - He thinks I'm cute, hmmm.
    - He just wants to do me, jerk.
    - He has a bet with his friends to get my attention -- interesting, maybe skaggy, maybe I should jerk him around a little and get him back.
    - He's got something in his eye, no biggie.
    - I said something he genuinely appreciated, maybe deeper discussion?
    - He's a nice guy just trying to connect, throw him a rope.
    - He just wants to have some fun for a bit, let's play along for awhile.
    etc

Yes, I think of them all. Simultaneously, I use other information (context, his appearance, his age, any past familiarity, etc.) to determine which possibilities to "test" to get things down to some sort of fuzzy but discernable motivation.

Sigh, exhausting to imagine, huh? Should I just say, "Hey, he winked at me!" and let it go at that?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    infp

I can't imagine anyone would care.... its just checkers.

heart on fire

So I will start us out.

Ask/answer away.
    It depends on who the person was. If it was an F, I would wonder if had done anything that offended them and I would ask them about it, once and accept their answer.

If it was a T I might just think they got distracted...

But when I was younger, if the person was someone I valued, I would have totally neurotic that the other person didn't like me!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Thought process:

"Did I miss a cue? What did I miss? Was I supposed to take a hint? What were we talking about again? I guess I wasn't paying attention... oh well. It probably wasn't important. Or was it? Damn it!"

Verbal response:

"...what?"
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Thought process:

"Did I miss a cue? What did I miss? Was I supposed to take a hint? What were we talking about again? I guess I wasn't paying attention... oh well. It probably wasn't important. Or was it? Damn it!"

Verbal response:

"...what?"
    Yup, I'd say my response would be basically the same.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

So I will start us out.

Ask/answer away.
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was TOTALLY going to beat him/her!! I just needed five more moves!!" <-- yay for delusion!

After realising that I actually was losing, I'd start thinking that obviously I was so crap that they couldn't be bothered playing. I would resolve to beat them up for their arrogance the next time I saw them.

Then I would stew at the sense of incompletion and the sudden realisation that they had been extraordinarily rude.

Then I would forget about it, only to remember at some unrelated moment, and ask them about it - to their confusion.

The alternative, depending on how deeply I was into the game (or how familiar with them I was), is:
    "Eh, they probably needed to go to dinner or something." This would be briefly accompanied by a vague sense of inadequacy, followed by pure, blessed forgetting.