User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Buds of May View Post
    Well, what would an NF think if a known NT suddenly started writing highly cryptic sonnets brimming with technical themed metaphor and depositing them with the NF, explaining, "Hi. Here"?
    Thought process: Okaaaaaay... there must be hidden meaning in there... must find it... what if it's really about them feeling sad and wanting help and this is the only way they dare ask for it?... what if I'm the only one they would accept help from?... I should probably ask them if something is wrong... but what if something isn't wrong at all?... they might think that something is wrong with my life and that I am not very subtley asking for sympathy... or would they think that?... I guess I shouldn't try and help them... but what if they are really in trouble?... why can't I find the hidden meaning... maybe there is no hidden meaning... nah, there is always hidden meaning... oh FFS are they upset or not?... what kind of response do they want?... maybe I should give them a hug... nah, they would probably run... do they want me to give these back or is it supposed to be some kind of gift?... if it's a gift could it be them trying to point out that I forgot their birthday or something?... ack what should I do... lets see, are they good friends with me?... if they are, they might be winding me up, but if they're not they could be asking for help from a stranger... what if they kill themselves... it would be all my fault!... I should stop thinking like that, maybe they just want to know if it's good... how the hell should I know if it's good or not?... how dare they put me in this awkward position!... no, I'm a horrible person for thinking that... where's that hidden meaning...

What you would see on the outside is: I look intently at what you just handed me, I tip my head onto one side slightly, I would then make a 'hhmmmm' sound or nod my head slightly as I either found the meaning I was looking for or decided that it was about time I pretended I did, then I would put off looking back at you for as long as possible, and then when I could no longer avoid looking up I would smile sorta blankly and hope you would give me some sort of hint as to what you were expecting
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    Thought process: Okaaaaaay... there must be hidden meaning in there... must find it... what if it's really about them feeling sad and wanting help and this is the only way they dare ask for it?... what if I'm the only one they would accept help from?... I should probably ask them if something is wrong... but what if something isn't wrong at all?... they might think that something is wrong with my life and that I am not very subtley asking for sympathy... or would they think that?... I guess I shouldn't try and help them... but what if they are really in trouble?... why can't I find the hidden meaning... maybe there is no hidden meaning... nah, there is always hidden meaning... oh FFS are they upset or not?... what kind of response do they want?... maybe I should give them a hug... nah, they would probably run... do they want me to give these back or is it supposed to be some kind of gift?... if it's a gift could it be them trying to point out that I forgot their birthday or something?... ack what should I do... lets see, are they good friends with me?... if they are, they might be winding me up, but if they're not they could be asking for help from a stranger... what if they kill themselves... it would be all my fault!... I should stop thinking like that, maybe they just want to know if it's good... how the hell should I know if it's good or not?... how dare they put me in this awkward position!... no, I'm a horrible person for thinking that... where's that hidden meaning...

What you would see on the outside is: I look intently at what you just handed me, I tip my head onto one side slightly, I would then make a 'hhmmmm' sound or nod my head slightly as I either found the meaning I was looking for or decided that it was about time I pretended I did, then I would put off looking back at you for as long as possible, and then when I could no longer avoid looking up I would smile sorta blankly and hope you would give me some sort of hint as to what you were expecting
    NT response to this is an expression of dismay.

The thought is: Shit, I worked so hard on it, and she didn't even get the punch line!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP

lol - that's awesome =) i'd be laughing so hard at the situation if i was ever in it!

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Buds of May View Post
    Well, what would an NF think if a known NT suddenly started writing highly cryptic sonnets brimming with technical themed metaphor and depositing them with the NF, explaining, "Hi. Here"?
    Write sonnets back in kind, and best them at it.