First 123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I can't imagine anyone would care.... its just checkers.
    *eye roll*

How can you say it's just a game?! It's one of the purest forms of abstracted strategy that exists, perhaps even purer than chess!

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    *eye roll*

How can you say it's just a game?! It's one of the purest forms of abstracted strategy that exists, perhaps even purer than chess!

Purer than chess? Hah... no.

But I'd have to say it becomes more than checkers, and why someone would care, is when someone playing takes offense to something that happens in the game.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

If my INFP friend suddenly ducked out with such dejected words, I'd be concerned.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I guess I should ask something. Um, what would an INTP or INTJ do/think if someone they knew randomly winked at them?
    Um, I would think, Quit using me as a foil for your intended wit.

Then, not wanting either to overreact or to encourage this annoying but usually innocent behavior, I'd answer, "Huh?" with wide, glazed eyes.

Well, what would an NF think if a known NT suddenly started writing highly cryptic sonnets brimming with technical themed metaphor and depositing them with the NF, explaining, "Hi. Here"?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Purer than chess? Hah... no.
    You're right, that would have been "Trouble."

But I'd have to say it becomes more than checkers, and why someone would care, is when someone playing takes offense to something that happens in the game.
    Well, I read a wonderful book once where four guys were taking turns murdering people, and and it turns out they were playing parcheesi or some game with colored pieces, and they had to murder something associated with the color and the locations assigned to particular squares of the board.

So you just never know how much is wrapped up in one of the games. It's a matter of life and death.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Buds of May View Post
    Well, what would an NF think if a known NT suddenly started writing highly cryptic sonnets brimming with technical themed metaphor and depositing them with the NF, explaining, "Hi. Here"?
    I'd say, "Thank you?"

And then read it and wonder in my head, "Does he/she want me to comment on how to better it? Are they trying to tell me something? Do they like me and are telling me in some obscure form(assuming it's a he)? Is this some critique on mankind? Or is he/she just being silly?"

Then I'd probably ask, "So what's this for?"

What I'd think next would depend on the answer.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, I read a wonderful book once where four guys were taking turns murdering people, and and it turns out they were playing parcheesi or some game with colored pieces, and they had to murder something associated with the color and the locations assigned to particular squares of the board.

So you just never know how much is wrapped up in one of the games. It's a matter of life and death.
    OK, I gotta ask - what's the book?

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Then I'd probably ask, "So what's this for?"

What I'd think next would depend on the answer.
    Something like, "Yeah, um. I don't know."

Or maybe, "Sorry, it's ok, nevermind..."

But this would be a repeated occurrence.

MBTI
    INFP

I'd probably look at the board to see if i still have a chance of winning- if i did, i'd think he was tired and drop it. if not, i'd feel stupid for not seeing that i've already lost - curse him for being a jerk, and resolve myself to inviting him to a game of chess where i can kick his ass... pointedly leaving when i see he has no chance of winning. =P

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Buds of May View Post
    Um, I would think, Quit using me as a foil for your intended wit.

Then, not wanting either to overreact or to encourage this annoying but usually innocent behavior, I'd answer, "Huh?" with wide, glazed eyes.

haha nice reaction

i would probably just read them and think that maybe they appreciate my opinion lol. depending on the content and if i understand it... i might comment on something if i like it, or if i dont get it, i might just go 'i dont get it... but it's... interesting/cool/nice'