• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ mis-typing?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been reading more and more about INFJs, and I've realized some of the "issues" that can occur in our type when it comes to functioning in modern society.

For instance, I used to think that growing up I was an INTP or INTJ, but it wasn't until recent years in college where my confidence in myself and humanity returned that I was able to let my Aux Fe express itself. I realized today after looking up Ni-Ti loops that this was probably what I experienced in childhood (and being diagnosed with a condition that basically says "You suck at empathizing with humankind" didn't exactly ENCOURAGE me to want to develop in the Fe-department. ._.;; )

So I can see why some INFJs trapped in a Ni-Ti loop can come across as INT's instead. The trick is, though, how can you one from the real deal? How can you recognize the glimmer of untapped Fe lurking under the surface of a Ni-Ti loop INFJ? How can you also tell a Ni-Ti loop INFJ from a Ti-Ni loop ISTP?

Also, what are some other interactions between cognitive functions that might make an INFJ look like an xNFP? Could Ni-Se sometimes cause someone to seem like they're using Ne? Could Fe-Ti cause someone to seem like they're using Fi?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here is an possible INTP or INFJ who looks like the other type:
yoda_l.jpg

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here is an possible INTP or INFJ who looks like the other type:
yoda_l.jpg

I think I can agree here (although I am unable to see the image, I know who it is through the name in the link of the picture when I quoted this in the first place xD;; )

I wonder why Yoda tends to fall in-between? Any theories?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I can agree here (although I am unable to see the image, I know who it is through the name in the link of the picture when I quoted this in the first place xD;; )

I wonder why Yoda tends to fall in-between? Any theories?

He was modeled after 2 people, Einstein, an INTP, and Buddha, an INFJ, and since he is fictional, he could switch between those 2 types is my theory.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
He was modeled after 2 people, Einstein, an INTP, and Buddha, an INFJ, and since he is fictional, he could switch between those 2 types is my theory.

You'd have thought with his ability to project lightening back at it's source that he has a bit of Nikola Tesla in him....

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been reading more and more about INFJs, and I've realized some of the "issues" that can occur in our type when it comes to functioning in modern society.

For instance, I used to think that growing up I was an INTP or INTJ, but it wasn't until recent years in college where my confidence in myself and humanity returned that I was able to let my Aux Fe express itself. I realized today after looking up Ni-Ti loops that this was probably what I experienced in childhood (and being diagnosed with a condition that basically says "You suck at empathizing with humankind" didn't exactly ENCOURAGE me to want to develop in the Fe-department. ._.;; )

So I can see why some INFJs trapped in a Ni-Ti loop can come across as INT's instead. The trick is, though, how can you one from the real deal? How can you recognize the glimmer of untapped Fe lurking under the surface of a Ni-Ti loop INFJ? How can you also tell a Ni-Ti loop INFJ from a Ti-Ni loop ISTP?

Also, what are some other interactions between cognitive functions that might make an INFJ look like an xNFP? Could Ni-Se sometimes cause someone to seem like they're using Ne? Could Fe-Ti cause someone to seem like they're using Fi?

In my experience, with myself and with ISFJs who are in a Si-Ti loop, Fe-aux finds ways to make itself known. The person is interested in studying and learning about people. They have an urge to help others in need. I think it's harder to see this in yourself, though.

I'm also interested in how Ni-Ti differs from Ti-Ni. It's hard for me to imagine Ni not being in the dominant position. Although just externally, I think it's easy to tell an INFJ from an ISTP if you really know them well. Both can be very friendly and like to analyze things, but when in comfortable situations, look for whose Se or Fe is more prominent.