User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Are ENFP's motivated by competion at all?

I've heard that ENFP's aren't motivated by competition very much? Is this true?

True for me. I'm basically 'demotivated' by competition as it makes me uncomfortable. It's weird...I'll be interested in something and want to participate...but as soon as 'competition' comes into play - I'm out.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    True for me. I'm basically 'demotivated' by competition as it makes me uncomfortable. It's weird...I'll be interested in something and want to participate...but as soon as 'competition' comes into play - I'm out.
    Interesting. Why does competition make you feel uncomfortable?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

OP: i'd have hog-tied you with saran wrap by the time you finished that post.

but i may be confusing competition with sensuality.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    OP: i'd have hog-tied you with saran wrap by the time you finished that post.

but i may be confusing competition with sensuality.
    And I would gladly allow you to hog tie me with saran wrap. That sounds hot.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i think this may be more of an enneagram issue?

generally i am quite competitive, but i don't like open competitions (like performances).

and yes there is an element of sexiness to competition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Interesting. Why does competition make you feel uncomfortable?
    idk. I haven't really thought about it all that deeply - and maybe I should as maybe I'd be more successful myself if I could ascertain why I'm so annoyed by competition and competitive people haha. I guess there is just something stupid and primitive to me about it...as soon as something becomes more about 'winning' and 'being right'...than having fun or executing a task in the most efficient and effective matter - yuck. Like I've seen people's judgment totally skewed/screwed by their competitive need to be right or 'first' or whatever...and I just have to roll my eyes. I have seen competition work in a counterproductive way far more times than I have seen it work positively for people (like in sports where it is appropriate). So that's it really.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ...yes there is an element of sexiness to competition.
    I have to laugh at this because I feel the complete opposite haha!!! I don't mind big egos so much when there is 'room for everyone' so to speak... But big competitive egos that suck all the air out of the room? No thanks. These kinds of people are decidedly unsexy to me lol.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The fact that others will feel bad about themselves while you feel great when you win, makes me shy away from competitions. The general vibe of disappointment overthrows any potential fun and enjoyment of whatever the reward is. So..its a lose-lose situation for me.

The only exception I have is when nobody can lose. To give an extreme example, a competition in the bedroom to blow each others minds and drive each other beyond the point of return is most definitely something I'm up for and will gladly accept a challenge on. Otherwise, not my cup of tea.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm competitive. We always played board games growing up and I learned that you can win or lose but you should always play your best.

My circle of friends are all from board game group and there are no hard feelings over people winning games. These aren't simple games, some take 3 hours. If there does happen to be some stress after a game it just blows over anyway. I do like games like Dominion and Power Grid where I play by myself with other people.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i think this may be more of an enneagram issue?

generally i am quite competitive, but i don't like open competitions (like performances).

and yes there is an element of sexiness to competition.
    It may be an enneagram issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    The fact that others will feel bad about themselves while you feel great when you win, makes me shy away from competitions. The general vibe of disappointment overthrows any potential fun and enjoyment of whatever the reward is. So..its a lose-lose situation for me.

The only exception I have is when nobody can lose. To give an extreme example, a competition in the bedroom to blow each others minds and drive each other beyond the point of return is most definitely something I'm up for and will gladly accept a challenge on. Otherwise, not my cup of tea.
    Who gives a shit if the others feel bad if they lose? I would just say, if you lose, then you didn't practice/try hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I'm competitive. We always played board games growing up and I learned that you can win or lose but you should always play your best.

My circle of friends are all from board game group and there are no hard feelings over people winning games. These aren't simple games, some take 3 hours. If there does happen to be some stress after a game it just blows over anyway. I do like games like Dominion and Power Grid where I play by myself with other people.
    See for me, losing is not an option. I must win everytime or I feel bad about myself.