• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What makes ENFPs inspirational

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Other than being extroverted types that are considerate and emotionally capable.

This pretty peculiar thing I've noticed is that ENFPs can easily make these observations that make me of all people go "Wow.... how in the hell did you think that up again?". I wouldn't say that, but I'd... feel that way... about it...

Anyway, I found this really fascinating that ENFPs have this unbelievably underlying-ly stark talent for 'noticing things' that I could possibly never follow up to. I think it's because of their Ne-dominance. But it's like so outside-the-box by thinking that it makes me feel uncomfortable, because aren't I, as an INFP supposed* to be the one who thinks more* before I speak?

Like not to be self-centered, just as an INFP, isn't there a depth of 'noticing things' that we also have? I don't think we would usually , as we have Fi-dominance and not Ne-dominance. I feel that people would expect INFPs to have it to a greater degree than ENFPs because 'they think before they speak', but I don't think we do because we're not Ne-dominant like ENFPs.

Basically what I'm saying is ENFPs outdo us in what I imagine to be the field that we're expected to be good at in comparison to talking, - 'noticing things' 'outside the box thinking', etc. And ... what are your thoughts? :mellow:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ne and Fi are different things. ENFPs are good at perceiving patterns and information and often share that information to get people to reflect on it, with them, as a sound board, together (in fact, they often need that). And they babble on till they seemingly accidentally hit on a pearl of wisdom, which is then shared with that person and produces an 'aha' experience, which can be very inspiring.

You guys do this in your head. In fact, you only go gather more Ne-information, when you're done sorting through things. But, that also means you come off as very wise. While an ENFP will explore this and be an equal student along with the person they're doing this process with, and share that epiphany, an INFP will be the wise yoda one that is a mentor to the person asking for advice, 'teaching' this stuff, instead of discovering it along with them :)

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But it's like so outside-the-box by thinking that it makes me feel uncomfortable, because aren't I, as an INFP supposed* to be the one who thinks more* before I speak?

well, I suppose by think you mean reflect. INFPs have more depth of emotion than the ENFP and on their part more out of the box thinking. but both of those in the ENFP are what make them an interesting and, I guess if you're on the right terms, kind friend. INFPs can be as perceptive though, if that's what your worried about :)

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ne and Fi are different things. ENFPs are good at perceiving patterns and information and often share that information to get people to reflect on it, with them, as a sound board, together (in fact, they often need that). And they babble on till they seemingly accidentally hit on a pearl of wisdom, which is then shared with that person and produces an 'aha' experience, which can be very inspiring.

You guys do this in your head. In fact, you only go gather more Ne-information, when you're done sorting through things. But, that also means you come off as very wise. While an ENFP will explore this and be an equal student along with the person they're doing this process with, and share that epiphany, an INFP will be the wise yoda one that is a mentor to the person asking for advice, 'teaching' this stuff, instead of discovering it along with them :)

Thanks for that pearl of wisdom. ;) :D

If Ne and Fi are two different things, and we perceive the world through Fi before Ne and you ENFPs through Ne before Fi, then would the interpreting 'pearls of wisdom' come more easily to you guys, even if it's communicated or not. But I see what you mean nonetheless. And being yoda... is more of an INFJ game right? I don't think INFPs can do it better. Urgh, to put things into my perspective I guess.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
well, I suppose by think you mean reflect. INFPs have more depth of emotion than the ENFP and on their part more out of the box thinking. but both of those in the ENFP are what make them an interesting and, I guess if you're on the right terms, kind friend. INFPs can be as perceptive though, if that's what your worried about :)

Hello kinder friend, but I have a primal fear that our INFP appearance may not match our INFP nature... But when you think about it, we might be so abstract and out-of-the-box, it can be like we're 'overthinking', so this makes us more unlikely to express these 'aha!' moments. But even then, we don't pay attention at all, so we don't have the capacity to make those moments work.... so I guess I'm back at my original stance...

Other than that, I've been pretty sporadic up until this point, especially on TypeC, so I can't validate that I'm kind. :)