• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF Geeks Youtube Channel

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
NFGeeks with Dr. Mike! - YouTube

I have very much enjoyed watching Mike and company's videos, and I wanted to share the link to the channel here in case anyone else could benefit from it. They have even inspired me to start my own version which I'll post in a separate topic. But anyway, this topic is for anyone to comment on any of the videos. Enjoy!

If somebody already posted a topic about this, I apologize, but it didn't show up in a search.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Nah I hate those videos. It's a bunch of people sitting around, whining and palming their problems off elsewhere.

Got no patience for them.

ps: Actually this sounds familiar......projection maybeeez? Actually it isn't entirely projection because I genuinely dislike them and got into a few arguments on their video comments.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah I hate those videos. It's a bunch of people sitting around, whining and palming their problems off elsewhere.

Got no patience for them.

ps: Actually this sounds familiar......projection maybeeez? Actually it isn't entirely projection because I genuinely dislike them and got into a few arguments on their video comments.

That's funny, because they don't strike me as whiny at all, especially the later ones without Dave, he definitely had a melancholy vibe to him but even he didn't seem whiny, really.

I certainly don't always agree with their conclusions or opinions, but I don't think much of it is "palming their problems off elsewhere." Mike seems to genuinely want to reach out to NFs and help them not feel alone in the world, I'd say that's a pretty good cause.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That's funny, because they don't strike me as whiny at all, especially the later ones without Dave, he definitely had a melancholy vibe to him but even he didn't seem whiny, really.

I certainly don't always agree with their conclusions or opinions, but I don't think much of it is "palming their problems off elsewhere." Mike seems to genuinely want to reach out to NFs and help them not feel alone in the world, I'd say that's a pretty good cause.

Well I have my grudge. Im not going to drop it any time soon.

Once I dislike someone, they generally stay disliked, im stubborn and unfair like that. Ive never been big on mercy.

But then again I only reflect what is reflected, having no light of my own.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Could they have found a geekier INFP?

Answer: No. No they could not have. (sigh)

I want to punch both of them in the face.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always think it's kinda goofy sitting round taping yourself and others talking about anything.
I didn't watch a whole lot, but it seemed informative though.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

oh jeeze new material, gotta watch that

NF Geeks are sometimes informative..kind of interesting to watch sometimes

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well I have my grudge. Im not going to drop it any time soon.

Once I dislike someone, they generally stay disliked, im stubborn and unfair like that. Ive never been big on mercy.

But then again I only reflect what is reflected, having no light of my own.

Hey, whatever flies your plane, man. ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Heh. What I thought was funny about the INFP he finally got was that after all that talk in other videos about how melancholy and depressed-seeming INFPs can be, they got one that was downright cheerful! ;)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh. What I thought was funny about the INFP he finally got was that after all that talk in other videos about how melancholy and depressed-seeming INFPs can be, they got one that was downright cheerful! ;)
It was more like cheerful resignation, lol. He definitely had the meloncholic air about him.
I'm actually going to watch more later, but the INFP vid was informative.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Part 1 of my long-awaited appearance on NF Geeks!! :D:D:D

Sharshura

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Hey, that was one of the best videos I've seen on that channel. I don't really like that guy. I mean, I don't hate him, but I also don't feel very connected to him as a fellow ENFP. Maybe it's just that he really needs a girlfriend. There's a little creep factor. But, as I said, I enjoyed your appearance. Subbed to your channel! :bye:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey, that was one of the best videos I've seen on that channel.

You have great taste! :cool:

I don't really like that guy. I mean, I don't hate him, but I also don't feel very connected to him as a fellow ENFP. Maybe it's just that he really needs a girlfriend. There's a little creep factor. But, as I said, I enjoyed your appearance.

LOL! Awww. I don't always agree with Mike on everything for sure, but I like him a lot and admire his vision for making NFs feel part of a community.

Subbed to your channel! :bye:

Thanks! I hope you'll enjoy some of my videos, let me know what you think! :D

ummm

MBTI Type
ENTP
YOU'RE A FCKING CELEBRITY DUDE.

haha. l love NF Geeks. Does Mike post anywhere openly? please let that be his name. And he is so not creepy :(

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
YOU'RE A FCKING CELEBRITY DUDE.

YES I AM. :cool:

haha. l love NF Geeks. Does Mike post anywhere openly? please let that be his name. And he is so not creepy :(

Mike posts on his own NF Geeks Facebook Discussion group, of which I'm a member. So if you're on Facebook, check it out!

Susah

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Hey! He's like the adorablest ever! (and listening to him was my first genuine realisation of how INFP I am...)

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I saw some of the ENFJ stuff and while I agree with some of the things they said I feel like I am very different then them. I just noticed that he is in New England too, that's interesting.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hadn't heard of NF Geeks until this thread -- then I checked out some of their videos, and while I appreciated the ISTJ representation (as well as your SP representation), BOY do ESTJs get a bad rap. I wonder if I should join their discussion board, to balance that perspective out a bit...

What would you say is a benefit of the discussion board that doesn't exist on the forum, [MENTION=4358]Jeffster[/MENTION]? i.e. What inspired you to become a part of that community, to the point of (it seems) befriending Mike? How long were you involved before you decided to

p.s. I do love the SJ Inquisition videos. :laugh: "Let the record show that Prisoner 1138 is a big, whiny NF douchebag, regardless of any testimony, which is irrational and wussy, and would most likely be in poem form."

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hadn't heard of NF Geeks until this thread -- then I checked out some of their videos, and while I appreciated the ISTJ representation (as well as your SP representation), BOY do ESTJs get a bad rap. I wonder if I should join their discussion board, to balance that perspective out a bit...

What would you say is a benefit of the discussion board that doesn't exist on the forum, [MENTION=4358]Jeffster[/MENTION]? i.e. What inspired you to become a part of that community, to the point of (it seems) befriending Mike? How long were you involved before you decided to

p.s. I do love the SJ Inquisition videos. :laugh: "Let the record show that Prisoner 1138 is a big, whiny NF douchebag, regardless of any testimony, which is irrational and wussy, and would most likely be in poem form."

It would be a great idea for you to join! :happy2: I can even remember some members specifically saying they want an ESTJ to join, and Mike had said repeatedly he wants people of all types to contribute.

The main benefit of that board vs. this one is more instantaneous responses. When I make a post on here, I pretty much have to check back some other time to see if anybody responded, whereas on the Facebook group, if it's during the time people are awake at all, there are very quick responses (even if it's just a "like" that's better than nothing.) I feed off attention and feedback and when I don't get it quickly, I get bored and move on.

I was inspired by Mike's videos to make my own channel and respond to the videos he did on SPs, and it just went from there. He invited me to appear on his channel and to be a part of the Facebook group, and I have also done some Google Hangouts with members from there. :)

The "SJ Full Force Attack" series was pretty funny, I agree. Those were the only NF Geeks videos that my ESTP son ever had any interest in! ;)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It would be a great idea for you to join! :happy2: I can even remember some members specifically saying they want an ESTJ to join, and Mike had said repeatedly he wants people of all types to contribute.
Already done! (As you know. ;) ) Lol, I've been spamming that place up for a while! Hope no one minds too much... The place is for NFs, by NFs, after all.
The main benefit of that board vs. this one is more instantaneous responses. When I make a post on here, I pretty much have to check back some other time to see if anybody responded, whereas on the Facebook group, if it's during the time people are awake at all, there are very quick responses (even if it's just a "like" that's better than nothing.) I feed off attention and feedback and when I don't get it quickly, I get bored and move on.
:laugh: The ESFP performer at work!

I'm enjoying that quick response, so far. I'm annoyed by some of the dumb questions -- "Which type is more likely to...?" -- but that's pretty common on TypeC, too, I guess.
I was inspired by Mike's videos to make my own channel and respond to the videos he did on SPs, and it just went from there. He invited me to appear on his channel and to be a part of the Facebook group, and I have also done some Google Hangouts with members from there. :)
Sweet! I wonder if I should post my TypeC videos over there. Does he have a set of video questions for all members, or just the NFs?
The "SJ Full Force Attack" series was pretty funny, I agree. Those were the only NF Geeks videos that my ESTP son ever had any interest in! ;)
They seemed heavily biased towards STJs, though of course I didn't mind that. :laugh: And I appreciated that they were accurate -- meaning, it was satire and not slander, you know? (Friggin' loved the SJ Pledge of Allegiance!)