• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Element Subtypes

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
DISCLAIMER: this is a totally off the top of the head, crackpot theory that I just made up, so don't talk to me about how this theory doesn't fit in with the works of Jung because I don't want to hear it!

DISCLAIMER II: yes, it's probably biased as hell. get over it!

anyway, let's begin ^_^

ENFP Earth Subtype
the most subdued and (as the name implies) "down to earth" subtype. this subtype tends to be is the most realistic of the ENFPs. less prone to the bizarre, up in the clouds fantasies of other ENFPs, the ideas of this ENFP tend to be more realistic/tangible, and, as such, this subtype has the easiest time making their ideas a reality of all the ENFP subtypes. their go with the flow approach to life as well as their subdued and cooperative nature make them an asset to any team or group project, in which their innovative ideas and ability to see multiple perspectives are generally highly sought after.

Correlations:
- 9s
- Sp/So, So/Sp, So/Sx
- Phlegmatic

Ideal Careers:
- Journalist
- project manager
- graphic designer

Examples:
- Sandra Bullock
- Ellen Degeneres
- Will Smith

ENFP Water Subtype
the most gentle and sensitive of the ENFP subtypes. this type is frequently mistaken for an xxFJ type and has a natural talent for taking care of people. similarly, they often play the "therapist" in their social circle and tend to be regarded as wise, caring and virtuous. male ENFPs of this subtype may suffer discrimination due to their demeanor being traditionally considered more "feminine", but to those whom appreciate their less typical range of talents, the ENFP Water subtype makes a loyal and supportive friend.

Correlations:
- 2s, 9s
- So/Sx, Sx/So, Sx/Sp
- Supine

Ideal Career Options:
- Therapist
- Pediatrician
- School teacher
- Nurse

Examples:
- Jamie Lee Curtis
- Sir Ian McKellen

ENFP Wind Subtype
the most common ENFP subtype. this ENFP is almost always happy and optimistic about life as a whole. they tend to be flexible and opportunistic, always ready for whatever life brings them. they tend to have a wide range of interests and often excel at several of them. another asset to this subtype is their high energy level and adaptability. these ENFPS excel at diving into new situations, learning the ropes quickly and working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.

Correlations:
- 7s, 6w7s
- So/Sx, So/Sp
- Sanguine
- Socionics Alpha Quadra and Gamma Quadra

Ideal Career Options
- Marketing Director
- Motivational Speaker
- Inventor
- Actor

Examples:
- Robin Williams
- Richard Branson
- Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain
- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbs)

ENFP Fire Subtype
the most aggressive and intense ENFP subtype. this type is likely to have a loud, expressive voice and tends to get noticed whether consciously or unconsciously. unlike the more subdued subtypes of ENFP, this ENFP is very outspoken and direct and makes their opinions and beliefs know to all (in fact, it's usually so obvious, the ENFP Fire subtype usually doesn't even need to voice their opinion for people to know what they think...but they usually do anyway). this subtype is also the most at home in conflict of all the subtypes and, assuming they're learned to control their Fi and not get overly heated, generally enjoy a good debate or controversy. people of this subtype tend to have a "love'em or hate'em" quality to them, inspiring lots of people and pissing off even more.

Correlations:
- 1w2, 3s, 7w8, 8s
- Sx/So, Sx/Sp
- Choleric
- Socionics Beta Quadra

Ideal Career Options
- Advocate
- Movie Director
- Pastor/Minister
- Opera Singer

Examples:
- Upton Sinclair
- Quentin Tarantino
- Jessye Norman

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh sweet jesus, I know someone who fits that Fire subtype to a T. 3w4 sx/sp ENFPainintheass.

This is a fun one, Elfboy. I'd classify myself as Water. What are you? :]

My only nitpick is I'm not sure 6w7 and the positivity of Wind go together. 6 is really rather pessimistic at the core, even though we can put on a happy ENFP facade.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh sweet jesus, I know someone who fits that Fire subtype to a T. 3w4 sx/sp ENFPainintheass.
This is a fun one, Elfboy. I'd classify myself as Water. What are you? :]
My only nitpick is I'm not sure 6w7 and the positivity of Wind go together. 6 is really rather pessimistic at the core, even though we can put on a happy ENFP facade.

I was thinking when I posted this "Skylights is a good example of whatever subtype"
I'm pure Fire subtype (obviously :devil: )

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my guesses on the types of some other ENFPs
[MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION]: wind/earth
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]: wind/fire
[MENTION=11809]unsung[/MENTION]: earth
[MENTION=8904]Esoteric Wench[/MENTION]: fire
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]: water

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Notin but hot air you say!!! Well fu@k yooooou man!!

:laugh: no jk I like it I like it a lot. The theory that is. I can't decide which one I am tho.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
This system may work for other types as well. I think you would find it hard pressed to find an ISTP "water type" though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Notin but hot air you say!!! Well fu@k yooooou man!!
:laugh: no jk I like it I like it a lot. The theory that is. I can't decide which one I am tho.

you can be any combination of two types, with the first being your dominant and the second also having a noticeable influence, kinda like enneagram and instinct variant.
so I think you're either Fire/Wind or Wind/Fire (Fire w Wind or Wind w Fire :D)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
you can be any combination of two types, with the first being your dominant and the second also having a noticeable influence, kinda like enneagram and instinct variant.
so I think you're either Fire/Wind or Wind/Fire (Fire w Wind or Wind w Fire :D)

So in other words, there are element stackings?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This system may work for other types as well. I think you would find it hard pressed to find an ISTP "water type" though.

I could see it working for some times (it would probably also work for ENTP, ENFJ, ISFP and ESFP) but there are others it would totally not work for. for instance
- a Water Subtype IxTP, ExTJ
- a Wind Subtype SJ
- a Fire Subtype ISFJ or INTP
though, I could see any type being an earth subtype (though probably less common among NFPs and NTJs)

ENFPs also have pretty diverse enneagrams, so that makes them more versatile, as this system, if developed would probably correlate heavily with enneagram
for instance
earth: 1, 9
wind: 3, 7
water: 2, 9
fire: 1, Id types

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You totally just made up that last bit on the fly didn't ya? Haha
:Wubbie: enfps

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]
that gives me an idea...

attachment.php

red = very common
green = common
blue = uncommon
purple = rare
white = very rare

suggestions welcome :)

color scheme courtesy of [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION]

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No associations for 4w5, I see...But I like it, I have to say. Consider me water/fire as well ;)

Eliaz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4/7
I think I'm a mixture of wind & fire.. My enneagram always comes down to equal parts 7 and 4 and I also scored a nice blend of choleric/sanguinic on the tests..

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I could see it working for some times (it would probably also work for ENTP, ENFJ, ISFP and ESFP) but there are others it would totally not work for. for instance
- a Water Subtype IxTP, ExTJ
- a Wind Subtype SJ
- a Fire Subtype ISFJ or INTP
though, I could see any type being an earth subtype (though probably less common among NFPs and NTJs)

ENFPs also have pretty diverse enneagrams, so that makes them more versatile, as this system, if developed would probably correlate heavily with enneagram
for instance
earth: 1, 9
wind: 3, 7
water: 2, 9
fire: 1, Id types

Interesting. I think you should make one for the ENTP's. I think I would be a water core type, and wind sub-type.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Can we apply some RPS style rules to this and declare an ultimate ENFP winner once and for all?