• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] I'm in a room full of nfs, help me.

xisnotx

Permabanned
The L bomb has been dropped at least four time in the last hour. I just heard the word romantic. There is talk of cyclical traps that is flying way over my head, surely they don't mean cognitive loops..emotional, I'd assume.

Your thought process is confusing. I don't understand the emphasis on the state of the self while simultaneously trying to adhere to reality. The self can't be resolved with reality. Why even try?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no help, and reality is overrated. Have fun though.

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My condolences.

Permabanned
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhHmDy-t1Y"]try this tactic[/YOUTUBE]

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Think of it as a logical puzzle being played in real time. The placement of words, gestures, and positioning of self varying with many cues. That is what I do.

There is no other way, except...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chew off your leg. There's no need for it, but do it anyway.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The L bomb has been dropped at least four time in the last hour. I just heard the word romantic. There is talk of cyclical traps that is flying way over my head, surely the don't mean cognitive loops..emotional, I'd assume.

Your thought process is confusing. I don't understand the emphasis on the state of the self while simultaneously trying to adhere to reality. The self can't be resolved with reality. Why even try?

Suck it up and ask one of them if they'd like to cuddle. Then you can slip away while they're jumping up and down and clapping at the thought.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, dude. This is why you have that cyanide capsule in your back right upper molar. When you're ready to bite down, let us know. ;)

Suck it up and ask one of them if they'd like to cuddle. Then you can slip away while they're jumping up and down and clapping at the thought.

you know, that sounds crazy, but it just! Might! Work!

redacted

The L bomb has been dropped at least four time in the last hour. I just heard the word romantic. There is talk of cyclical traps that is flying way over my head, surely they don't mean cognitive loops..emotional, I'd assume.

Why can't the self be resolved with reality? I don't get it.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

true.

similar results can be achieved by asking, "who wants cupcakes!?!"

xisnotx

Permabanned
Why can't the self be resolved with reality? I don't get it.

Our perceptions are incapable of percieving what is actual. (Or, we are incapable of knowing if our perceptions percieve what is actual).

From that point, it is better to just accept this and move on to more pressing matters. Endlessly trying to resolve that difference (especially with others) is futile. With other people involved, the best you could hope for is to achieve a consensus of what is being percieved...which is all nice and dandy, but it leads nowhere.

From the nfs all I was hearing was "this is what I percieved and this is how it affected my self" and "that's funny, this is how it affected my self. Why the difference?" Then endless debates about whose self was affected "better" or "more accurately". The goal seemed to be about resolving the two differing selves in order to participate in a nice make up session at the end of it all. But the actuality of it all was completely lost in the discussion.

Granted, the actuality will always be lost, but it should always remain central.

air

MBTI Type
INFP
I know it is silly, but I find it important to go through every single feeling/issue (how I upsetted the person, why did it upset them, do they understand what I mean now, etc etc) to get through the situation, be it a disagreement or whatever. Often, even though I feel I may be in the 'right', I find it so hard to cope with the situation and the thoughts of upsetting someone that I will just break down in a big, teary and sincere apology. When it is a recurring issue, I really want to analyze it with the person to get to the very root of the issue. A big discussion with a productive outcome is what I have in mind in this case.

This puzzles and tires my INFJ brother (we are both adults living away from home), who would much rather not talk about it and that puzzles me, because I don't see the logic in that. "It's a issue, it's getting in between our relationship, I love you and I want to have a healthy relationship with you" <------ that's how I think.

As a side point, I can't believe INFJs are meant to be compatible partners to ENFPs.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Xis, the actual goal is to see the same situation literally through someone elses eyes, and to then backtrack that to what causes that difference in perception within that person (be it background, life experiences, gender roles, age, different interests). Once you understand where it comes from, it is possible and quite powerful to hold those different views within one mind and repeat that experience (if you have all the data, that is), for the next situation, even if that person isn't present. It enriches your own point of view and allows you to hold two (or more) opposing perceptions, and often judgements of the same situation within your mind without going insane as it all makes perfect sense. The frustration of it not making sense before also causes this desperate need to find this understanding. You know you're just missing info. It's quite powerful..and addictive ;)

Enjoy the nut house :D

air

MBTI Type
INFP
I can't suppress emotions really. I can't fully move on until the problem is solved...

air

MBTI Type
INFP
Xis, the actual goal is to see the same situation literally through someone elses eyes, and to then backtrack that to what causes that difference in perception within that person (be it background, life experiences, gender roles, age, different interests). Once you understand where it comes from, it is possible and quite powerful to hold those different views within one mind and repeat that experience (if you have all the data, that is), for the next situation, even if that person isn't present. It enriches your point of view and allows you to hold two (or more) opposing perceptions, and often judgements of the same situation within your mind without going insane as it all makes perfect sense. The frustration of it not making sense before also causes this desperate need to find this understanding. You know you're just missing info. It's quite powerful..and addictive ;)

Amargith, :D yes this is exactly right.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Xis, the actual goal is to see the same situation literally through someone elses eyes, and to then backtrack that to what causes that difference in perception within that person (be it background, life experiences, gender roles, age, different interests). Once you understand where it comes from, it is possible and quite powerful to hold those different views within one mind and repeat that experience (if you have all the data, that is), for the next situation, even if that person isn't present. It enriches your own point of view and allows you to hold two (or more) opposing perceptions, and often judgements of the same situation within your mind without going insane as it all makes perfect sense. The frustration of it not making sense before also causes this desperate need to find this understanding. You know you're just missing info. It's quite powerful..and addictive ;)

Yes yes yes! I don't know you, but I think I might just love you for explaining that so perfectly. :heart:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's nice to hear other people understand that thought process and be able to explain it. It is addictive, this is pretty much what I live for.