Ya, the world is full of brilliant humanitarians.... at least on paper
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

It's what @Amargith said. The reconciliation of self and external reality - it gives an amazing depth of satisfaction. Of course the divide will never be fully resolved, but the more you do it, the less the self is lonely and the more comfortable you are in the world.

We thrive on emotional connection. You should try it sometime.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    There are other ways of connecting that can be equally satisfying for those inclined to it. I suppose at the end of the day it all has an emotional impact internally - the feeling of satisfaction or fulfillment itself is one. But that is not the type of interaction you describe.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    There are other ways of connecting that can be equally satisfying for those inclined to it. I suppose at the end of the day it all has an emotional impact internally - the feeling of satisfaction or fulfillment itself is one. But that is not the type of interaction you describe.
    Edit, never mind, I misunderstood your intention. This is true, of course. I guess we just have to do our best to surround ourselves with and/or create the circumstances that allow us to pursue whatever is fulfilling. In xisnotx's case, this may well entail not getting trapped in a room full of NFs...

FWIW, even NFs have to get away from this tendency sometimes. That's why ENFPs have our tertiary, I figure. It lets us just do instead of analyze-feel-analyze-feel-analyze... ad nauseum.

Though honestly, it might be easier to just let go and let the NF love sink in deep.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Grin. I understand it's not a Xis' cup of tea, but I wanted to clear up his being mystified as to the purpose of something he didn't see as having an actual beneficial goal

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Edit, never mind, I misunderstood your intention. This is true, of course. I guess we just have to do our best to surround ourselves with and/or create the circumstances that allow us to pursue whatever is fulfilling. In xisnotx's case, this may well entail not getting trapped in a room full of NFs...
    Yes. I suppose this is equivalent to being able to choose our friends. We still have to get along with family, coworkers, neighbors, and others not of our choosing and perhaps not to our liking, though. In this sense, learning to make the best of a room full of NFs isn't such a bad idea. I just would be trying to connect with them in a way that is not what they are used to, so somehow we would need to come to an accommodation, or translation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It may not be his cup of tea.. but his first reaction was to open a thread in the NF Idyllic and invite a bunch of NF's to engage him. It makes one wonder.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Yes. I suppose this is equivalent to being able to choose our friends. We still have to get along with family, coworkers, neighbors, and others not of our choosing and perhaps not to our liking, though. In this sense, learning to make the best of a room full of NFs isn't such a bad idea. I just would be trying to connect with them in a way that is not what they are used to, so somehow we would need to come to an accommodation, or translation.
    Ah yes, you Js do have trouble with adaptation

Funny how to engage with others you have to leave your preferred territory to a certain extent, but most often people prefer others who are somewhat unlike them. You have to optimize the balance between commonality and difference to maximize growth and intrigue while minimizing misunderstanding and discomfort. I suspect that's 99% of the work in any serious relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It may not be his cup of tea.. but his first reaction was to open a thread in the NF Idyllic and invite a bunch of NF's to engage him. It makes one wonder.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

It's what @Amargith said. The reconciliation of self and external reality - it gives an amazing depth of satisfaction. Of course the divide will never be fully resolved, but the more you do it, the less the self is lonely and the more comfortable you are in the world.

All kidding aside, that's the NF sanctimonious tone that makes me want to throw out a big stick while they're rollerblading.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    All kidding aside, that's the NF sanctimonious tone that makes me want to throw out a big stick while they're rollerblading.
    This was only a joke on my part - I am in a teasing mood today - and I harbor no personal feelings of moral superiority in terms of personality, short perhaps of unconscious biases that I am trying to overcome, as I would hope should be clear from my posts. I'm not sure I understand why you have read "sanctimonious" into this statement, because it's not something I intended. What made you feel like that? From @Coriolis' post I get the sense that I seemed to imply that the NF way of being was the best/only/ideal way, but I only meant to refer to how satisfying that process is for NFs. For what it's worth, I think a world entirely populated by NFs would be miserable, not to mention that it would probably go to hell in a matter of years. Maybe that wasn't clear?