MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Ne vs. Ni:
    if an INFx strike team tries to conquer idea-land in a creative or intellectual conversation, an INFPs creative spur would be the trooper going in with guns blazing in every direction they find, most likely ending up in a friendly fire mess that would turn the whole thing into a fiasco, while the INFJ's will be more like the precision sniper, most likely to kill the officer nobody likes while claiming it's the INFP's friendly fire which he'll get trialed for anyway but now gets the credits.
    Best. Metaphor. EVER. What made it even more epic was the fact that I imagined it being read by Tyrion Lannister (coz of your avatar). XDDD

But in all seriousness, I have a question in regards to Ne and Ni and writing/planning fiction: I have a friend (who I strongly suspect is an INFP) with whom I'm casually working on a story with. He seems much more interested in actively brainstorming for new material in our stories or sharing his wacky ideas. I, on the other hand, often can't really come up with a new idea for this universe unless I'm inspired by another idea from a movie I've seen, or if I manage to connect some of his wackier ideas together into a cohesive plot. Also, his focus on the character develop seems to be much more focused on one particular character and the internal moral conflict they wrestle with of the course of the story. In contrast, I myself tend to focus more on external character development, the interactions and conflicts between all the characters in the story, and making sure the motives of each character is realistic and complex. So do our different styles and concerns in writing reflect a difference between Ne/Ni and Fi/Fe respectively?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    Maybe because they're both dominant Introverts and introverts tend not to vary much externally in real life.
    Excellent observation...
    Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
    Mark Twain

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    Best. Metaphor. EVER. What made it even more epic was the fact that I imagined it being read by Tyrion Lannister (coz of your avatar). XDDD

But in all seriousness, I have a question in regards to Ne and Ni and writing/planning fiction: I have a friend (who I strongly suspect is an INFP) with whom I'm casually working on a story with. He seems much more interested in actively brainstorming for new material in our stories or sharing his wacky ideas. I, on the other hand, often can't really come up with a new idea for this universe unless I'm inspired by another idea from a movie I've seen, or if I manage to connect some of his wackier ideas together into a cohesive plot. Also, his focus on the character develop seems to be much more focused on one particular character and the internal moral conflict they wrestle with of the course of the story. In contrast, I myself tend to focus more on external character development, the interactions and conflicts between all the characters in the story, and making sure the motives of each character is realistic and complex. So do our different styles and concerns in writing reflect a difference between Ne/Ni and Fi/Fe respectively?
    the first part certainly sounds like good ol' Ni on Ne action to me, its why NJs/NPs can rarely seem to get enough of each other (until they had too much), so his certainly an NP.

the Fi parts through me off quite a bit to be honest, its why even though i enjoy a dose of fantasy/sci-fi, the whole Fi equivalent of "drama" - moral struggles - that you often see in the big names in the genre like LOTR and SW just puts me off a bit compared to let's say song of ice and fire or anything by Heinlein, on the other hand my parents (INTJ/ENFP) loved them and often attributed the fiction i prefer as "nihilistic and kind of empty"... good luck balancing those.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    the first part certainly sounds like good ol' Ni on Ne action to me, its why NJs/NPs can rarely seem to get enough of each other (until they had too much), so his certainly an NP.

the Fi parts through me off quite a bit to be honest, its why even though i enjoy a dose of fantasy/sci-fi, the whole Fi equivalent of "drama" - moral struggles - that you often see in the big names in the genre like LOTR and SW just puts me off a bit compared to let's say song of ice and fire or anything by Heinlein, on the other hand my parents (INTJ/ENFP) loved them and often attributed the fiction i prefer as "nihilistic and kind of empty"... good luck balancing those.
    I actually think this illustrates a perfect point; Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, as awesome as they are, have a hint of black-and-white morality that annoys me (because I like characters that are more conflicted and complex.) Your parents are ENFP and INTJ, which both theoretically use Fi more effectively than they do Fe. You and I prefer A Song of Fire and Ice (well, "Game of Thrones" for me, since I'm not much of a reader, I admit), and we (being ENTP and INFJ) theoretically use Fe more effectively than we do Fi. Since Fi involves more through-and-through good and evil, from what I've observed, I can understand why your parents would find LotR/Star Wars more appealing than we would. (Not that I don't LIKE Star Wars, but its simplified concept of 'good' and 'dark side' is a bit irritating to me, to be honest. The idea that someone 'succumbs to the dark side' through their actions contrasts with the way I view the world. It's not that I believe that we're all inherently good, but it's just I don't think you can judge whether something is 'good' or 'evil' unless you look at the larger picture, who it helps and/or who it hurts.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    + 1,000,000!!! That site should be obliterated from the internet.
    But I like Vicky Jo.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    But I like Vicky Jo.
    I do too. ^^ However, I believe that site doesn't do a good job at highlighting how all those little details relate to the BIGGER picture. As in, how they ultimately reflect the difference between INFPs and INFJs.

A lot of what I read didn't make sense at first; it wasn't until remembering it in hindsight that I began to realize what she meant.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

When it comes to Fe vs Fi (and Ti vs Te), she not only distorts things, but also uses it against people when she goes around disputing their type. (you're annoying the group. You must be an 'Fi user', putting your own values over those of everyone else"). I think a lot of the confusion of people struggling between NFJ/NFP and NTP/NFP are due to her influence.

Here's a whole discussion on this kind of stuff:
    http://personalitycafe.com/infj-foru...-jo-infjs.html
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    But I like Vicky Jo.
    I can't say I know much about HER, but based on what she put out on her website (and I read the entirety of it about four years ago), I can extrapolate that I'd probably take issue with her, especially her methods.

It's just stereotyping galore; it becomes very rudimentary. She breaks everything into little pieces, and you can't make sense of all of it in a cohesive whole, because there are many contradictions and silly things she says about how you can discern one type or another that I think are very poor and simplistic interpretations of mbti (I can tell you right now that I didn't relate to half of her INFJ examples. However, I also didn't relate to half of her INFP examples). Her site is what made me become completely confused as to what my type was, back then - she does a great job of making a confusing mess of the theory and of mbti.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Okay, I think I understand. However, I admit I'm feeling a little uncomfortable by the direction this thread is turning, and I would rather try to herd the focus back towards the main subject... (Not because you guys are offending me, but because I'm worried about offending other people.)

Anyways, so...back to the Ne vs Ni/ Fe vs Fi debate? ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Here's some good advice, never visit Vicky Jo's website, and you should be just fine.

Edit: Also, Ne is suuuch a dead giveaway. Learn to spot Ne, and you will never confuse to the two again.
    Those were the days