• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
What are you doing - trying to precipitate an INFP/INTJ fetishists thread???

(Could be entertaining . . . )

Looking at the scores(and whether or not it was actually INFPs who gave all of the 4 votes), i doubt its gonna happen :D

Standuble

Most of these types upon reflecting over the poll don't cut t for me, it's just multiple shades of meh and blah.

In the end I chose INTP and as of this moment of rambling are in the lead. As I mentioned previously I probably would choose an INTP if I became more mature (I'm already at a stage where intimacy and having a confidant are low priority) as the Ne brainsex is fantastic. Nothing in my life makes me more content than discussing a theory with one of my NP kinsmen. The sensation that we are unlocking the secrets of the universe is nothing short of phenomenal for me sometimes and I could rely on one of them to massively amplify the effect.

If any INTPs are interested in a rat-faced 20 something irrational feeler who looks and smells like death (I haven't showered in days), who doesn't live in his parent's basement merely because they don't have a basement, can never string a sentence together as eloquently as he would like and who has a nagging underlying worry that he may suffer from erectile dysfunction then you know where to fine me.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
In the end I chose INTP and as of this moment of rambling are in the lead.

actually two of the INTP votes came from INTPs and one from ENFP, so ENFJs are still in the lead

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
How many non-INFPs voted ENFJ? It won't bring up the user names now that I've voted.

all INFPs who have stated their type, but at least two of the INTJ votes came from INTJs(one of them is INTJ two doesent state their type, but if i remember correctly at least one of those who didnt state type is an INTJ), cba to look for all of them, just checked the INTJs cuz they seem to have a bad habit of voting themselves in these topics

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, I think it's INFP, but I can find plenty of faults in some of them.
Then there was another one who I got really close to. Everything was fine, but she was expecting public displays of affection from me: it's not that I wouldn't do it, but she's the first person who ever would do things - such as rub her shoulder against mine - so I didn't know how to react. Some other things happened, and I blew everything (I think she began to misinterpret my intentions, and when I tried to explain everything to her, it was too late: she wasn't interested in talking to me); I think it's best now that we just go on our own separate ways, but I still reflect quite a lot on how I screwed up. By the way, I didn't find any faults in this one, which is what drew me to her.
If you found out that the faults are your own you'll at least have learned something...

I would have diagree with this more than not. If it's a peer and/or working relationship, there's a much better chance of mutual respect.
( As was clear from the context) I was talking about functions, not people. I agree that Dom Te and Dom Ti are not well-suited. My point was that Te and Ti can (and do) coexist within the same personality (as do Ti and Fi). They are not mutually exclusive. (Unlike Ti and Fe).

function tests suck and arent even measuring functions, but are looking for cues for functions, but fail.

If tests are worthless then we have nothing empirical with which to back up our theories. Which means we have only the internal consistency of the theory to fall back upon. Mine, at least, is internally consistent. :shrug:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If tests are worthless then we have nothing empirical with which to back up our theories. Which means we have only the internal consistency of the theory to fall back upon. Mine, at least, is internally consistent. :shrug:

im talking about function tests, afaik all of them are made by some randoms and none of them are under the trademark of MBTI anyways.

also what i said about equifinality and multifinality proves that its not the functions that are being measured, but behavior that suggests a function usage, but that behavior might come from multiple sources, thus invalidating the whole test.

S

Society

I have to say: when I made these threads, I never imagined the INFP one would be the longest...

:whistling:

why did you make these threads? where are these statistics being accumulated? and why did you go for self-examined theories (a.k.a. "what do you think is..") as apposed to snapshot taking ("who are you with")?

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you found out that the faults are your own you'll at least have learned something...

I learned that a while ago; I don't need you rubbing it in my face again after I've done it to myself for about two months. If you reread my post (properly this time), it will become obvious that I put the blame on myself.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I learned that a while ago; I don't need you rubbing it in my face again after I've done it to myself for about two months. If you reread my post (properly this time), it will become obvious that I put the blame on myself.
She's better now, but she has this need to constantly remind anybody who criticizes her that they "don't know what she's been through"; I understand that she's hurt, but you can't go living your life constantly reflecting on some stupid friend and reducing all of your faults to one event: you must take the reins some time.

:whistling:

Standuble

You're funny.

I have a question to whoever can answer. What if a hypothetical participant was into animals more than people? Is there any evidence that animals use cognitive functions and thus can be typed? What would they do if their ideal romantic match wasn't on the list?

P.S. don't assume I'm referring to myself because I am not. I only interest myself in XX chromosome homo sapiens of sufficient genetics (no Ptolomies.)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're funny.

I have a question to whoever can answer. What if a hypothetical participant was into animals more than people? Is there any evidence that animals use cognitive functions and thus can be typed? What would they do if their ideal romantic match wasn't on the list?

P.S. don't assume I'm referring to myself because I am not. I only interest myself in XX chromosome homo sapiens of sufficient genetics (no Ptolomies.)

*wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. ;)

http://www.parellinaturalhorsetraining.com/horsenality-horses/

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
why did you make these threads? where are these statistics being accumulated? and why did you go for self-examined theories (a.k.a. "what do you think is..") as apposed to snapshot taking ("who are you with")?

Yes, from time to time I ponder these questions myself. And I agree, there's nothing here to capture who I am with or who I was with. Si vs Ni no doubt, but, why would I ponder my best type match when I've been married for 24 years? The evidence of what is and what was bears at least as much (or arguably more) relevance.

That's why my data is not in this poll or thread.

:shrug:

[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] made all these threads, plus his cognitive function threads, but we're still waiting for some cogent product to come of them ... :whistling:

Standuble

*wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. ;)

http://www.parellinaturalhorsetraining.com/horsenality-horses/

Zarathustra would perhaps yield better results by asking: "Which type is statistically most likely to have sex with animals?"

But you're correct. I do like getting inside a Horse. A Horse costume that is. Ideally with a woman. We take turns at being in the lead and controlling where it is going. We move about a lot and it all happens in complete darkness. It's a lot of fun.

R

Riva

@NFPs and NFPs alone -

Curious as to why so many votes have been given to ENFJs.

I get along with FJs (especially ENFJs) really well but I know it not so for NFPs.

Does the Fe loathing of NFPs not apply to ENFJs I wonder.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

Dom Fi and Dom Fe can go head to head with each other. That's what makes it work. No filters. But the loathing ... still there at the outset I think lol

sorenx7

@NFPs and NFPs alone -

Curious as to why so many votes have been given to ENFJs.

I get along with FJs (especially ENFJs) really well but I know it not so for NFPs.

INFJs seem to almost always read me incorrectly and ENFJs seem to almost always read me correctly. I'm the same person to both, but one understands me very well and the other seems to hardly understand me at all. Believe me, I'd love to have with INFJs what I have with ENFJs, but it looks like that's never going to happen. Nevertheless, with humans there is always that factor of unpredictability and that can be a good thing.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're funny.

I have a question to whoever can answer. What if a hypothetical participant was into animals more than people?

Zarathustra would perhaps yield better results by asking: "Which type is statistically most likely to have sex with animals?"
You seem to be a bit fixated on that idea, bruh.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You make no sense whatsoever. That I have faults doesn't mean others don't. There's nothing to really say to your comments, as their sole purpose is to pester others ([insult edited]).

Last edited by a moderator: