• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INTPs having stronger than Fi over Fe does sound intuitively correct to me. Ti evaluation of the Fe function would simulate the Fi function. Likewise the INFP's would simulate Ti very well. However in a relationship I think this would only help to build understanding between the two unless one side willingly puts the usage of their dominant function to the side for a while (I do this when I put Fi to the side so I can understand the various aspects of a theory) but it would only be temporary. In my experience I have seen many times how Fi and Ti are similar but the different domains the Ji function uses leads to much butting heads. Though I admire INTPs (and all the NTs) and experience dealing with a manager at work who is probably an INTP (along with her coldness and sarcasm) I think if I was more mature and reasonable a person I would consider one. But as of 2012, it is not yet the case.

I don't see any evidence for Ti "evaluations" (?) with Fe (the "embarassment" function that the brain has a hard time exciting), simulates Fi. Especially considering that the link between Ti and Fe is very weak as well (considering the Nardi's consciousness thread showed that Fe is least stimulated in the INTP brain regions).

Even if it did simulate it, it would only create an appearance of the function and not really the function itself (Because it's Fe/Fi, you can't have one over the other without creating an imbalance in the overall order of functioning).

I think Fi looks a lot like Ti in some users. I can agree with that.

Standuble

I don't see any evidence for Ti "evaluations" (?) with Fe (the "embarassment" function that the brain has a hard time exciting), simulates Fi. Especially considering that the link between Ti and Fe is very weak as well (considering the Nardi's consciousness thread showed that Fe is least stimulated in the INTP brain regions).

Even if it did simulate it, it would only create an appearance of the function and not really the function itself (Because it's Fe/Fi, you can't have one over the other without creating an imbalance in the overall order of functioning).

I think Fi looks a lot like Ti in some users. I can agree with that.

I didn't know exactly how to respond to this except for the revision of a previous statement. The method of simulation in this case is that the Ti analyzes the Fe function when they are both simultaneously activated. The strength of the link between them need not be big or small (that's irrelevant) as long as it exists, the Ti working with Fe can make a function which superficially at best resembles the workings of the Fi function. It's a Ji function infused with ethical/personal values from another source. It does not matter whether Fe "embarasses" the user or not. Now I will revise my previous statement because of a part I had forgotten. This simulated Fi at maximum can only be as strong as the Fe function for it requires Fe's value orientation as a key resource so the Fi will be weaker than the Fe BUT it will be more consciously accessible for the introverted user. I hope I have better explained myself.

As for point two the word "simulated" implies that it isn't the original, actual function in use. I don't really know why you felt the need to tell me that.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
INTP women. I need someone to act as a foil for my pronounced touchy-feely ways...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But Fe is the INTP inferior? Wouldn't that mean their cognitive functions would have to invert to Te and Fe to balance out under stress? (Hence making Fi the least readily available function to the INTP --> what I meant by 'least of the least')
I'm not following you. In brief, there are those who suggest Fe is least available (ie inferior) and those who say it is Fi.
Logic, and the evidence, points to the former interpretation.

I've always believed Jungian psychology to show that our 'shadow self' is the inverted function, and that is what we repress. The INTP prefers Fe, and represses Fi. Fi is like the repressed inferior function of the INTP, which works under the most stress.
INTPs repress Fe. The function which is opposite the dominant function (for Ti that is Fe) is most repressed. (Hence inferior)

LOL. dwelling deeper into it, I find your side of the argument stemmed :
That isn't the thread I was referring to. I can't be bothered to find it right now, and I've probably derailed the thread enough. Let's agree to disagree.

It actually makes sense that the brain uses the Ti region in the same place stimulation for Fi is given. That would suggest that Ti is being excited and Fi is being inhibited the most. Proving Fe>Fi by empirical evidence if you ask me.
Crap, no. That's not what is implied at all. INFPs demonstrate a "halo" pattern of activation. Actually, they appear to activate regions the INTP fails to, and vice-versa.

INTPs having stronger than Fi over Fe does sound intuitively correct to me. Ti evaluation of the Fe function would simulate the Fi function. Likewise the INFP's would simulate Ti very well. However in a relationship I think this would only help to build understanding between the two unless one side willingly puts the usage of their dominant function to the side for a while (I do this when I put Fi to the side so I can understand the various aspects of a theory) but it would only be temporary. In my experience I have seen many times how Fi and Ti are similar but the different domains the Ji function uses leads to much butting heads. Though I admire INTPs (and all the NTs) and experience dealing with a manager at work who is probably an INTP (along with her coldness and sarcasm) I think if I was more mature and reasonable a person I would consider one. But as of 2012, it is not yet the case.
I like you. You should look me up when you become mature and reasonable. (But not too mature and reasonable).

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
^^I thought you believed typology to be (mostly) BS* anyway? So why use cognitive functions? Why compound inaccuracy with more of same?

*This means 'bullshit' to Americans. trying to be culturally sensitive!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^I thought you believed typology to be (mostly) BS* anyway? So why use cognitive functions? Why compound inaccuracy with more of same?

Are you talking to me?

I think arbitrary function orders are BS. I think typology is overly simplistic and can do more harm than good and is only marginally more scientific than astrology.
I view talk of cognitive functions as a kind of short hand for an individual's preferences and values. In that sense, it's lexically useful (even if cognitive functions are not "real" in any other sense).
I think individuals who prefer Fi are different from those who prefer Fe in ways that critically affect compatibility, at least, as far as I'm concerned.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not following you. In brief, there are those who suggest Fe is least available (ie inferior) and those who say it is Fi.
Logic, and the evidence, points to the former interpretation.

Okay, please show me it. Because every thread and even every website points to the INTP 'inferior'/'aspirational' function being Fe. ( http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/INTP.cfm ) . I think what you're stating is an alternative view/theory that may need to be given evidence to convince someone like me who doesn't know about it. Not that I'm disagreeing, I actually like knowing more about these things.

This website http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm does a rundown of the 16 type processes. The demon function or the 8th function is the one function 'we are unaware' of 'how to use'. "We are more likely to identify and claim those processes we are aware of, rather than those we are unaware of." which it also states.

INTPs repress Fe. The function which is opposite the dominant function (for Ti that is Fe) is most repressed. (Hence inferior)

Yes, they repress Fe. But as Nardi's consciousness states, because INTPs use that brain region to a much less degree. INTPs, don't in theory repress Fe because it's their 'least interesting function' and as this describes: http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-...-dynamics/the-fourth-or-inferior-function.asp - "Development of this function tends to come in late midlife.". It's only logical that Fe is stronger. Say, in the future, an INTP would have more Fe>Fi.

That isn't the thread I was referring to. I can't be bothered to find it right now, and I've probably derailed the thread enough. Let's agree to disagree.

Okay. But I want to know, if you can't be bothered I'm going to have to assume you have no clear evidence on your part. Rather a thread with no real basis.

Crap, no. That's not what is implied at all. INFPs demonstrate a "halo" pattern of activation. Actually, they appear to activate regions the INTP fails to, and vice-versa.

Oh, I was speaking in analogies. I'm not a neurologist. iNtuitives use the 'Christmas tree pattern' yeah? I remember reading through it.

I was implying that same thing you just wrote. I'm not saying that Ti and Fi activate in the same way. I'm saying the same brain region (like t5, etc that sort of 'brain region') is used for both Ti and Fi (which I saw was debated in that thread). Therefore, I would say INTPs activate that brain region for Ti, it would be almost impossible for INTPs to use it in a completely different manner of Fi. "almost impossible" making it the "demon" function, and the 'least of the least'. As I said, which is the exact same thing you've said after saying "crap, no". LOL. I'm sorry, looking back at what I'm replying to, I realized you're actually elaborating on the point I'm making.

Though I think the conflict is that you view 'Fi' as stronger than 'Fe' for that reason, as you think 'Fi' is "inferior", because it is most suppressed. But may I suggest that the inferior function is "inferior" because it is in your reach. I think that's what Jungian psychology and MBTI theory implies as well. You are far more likely to stimulate the inferior regions that stimulate Fe in the INTP, than the Fi, which would mean having to change your primary Ti ways of your brain's processing. As Fi is the most suppressed in the same region, I could only deduce, (sorry if this inferior thinking has offended you by now, I just don't know any other way to communicate logic), that you would have the most difficult time rewiring your brain, to see things the Fi way. (hence, Fe>Fi; adding to that I wouldn't say Fi is strong in my dad's INTP persona either, whenever he tries to connect he mirrors my mum's Fe mode to connect with other people. I've noticed this in all the Ti dominants I have met as well.).

I like you. You should look me up when you become mature and reasonable. (But not too mature and reasonable).

maybe the INTP-INFP thing is working out for the both of you. But as [MENTION=14363]Standuble[/MENTION] said, I'm not INFP, so maybe our conflict [MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] , is of another typing.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I didn't know exactly how to respond to this except for the revision of a previous statement.
As for point two the word "simulated" implies that it isn't the original, actual function in use. I don't really know why you felt the need to tell me that.

Are you insulting me for no reason again? I had "felt" a need to say that to you, because this is an open thread where anyone has the right to comment and reply to. I discuss ideas, when you infer that I "felt" the need to say that, you practically say I don't think before I speak. And since this is what you were saying to me. You can't ridicule ideas you ridicule people. Please remember that.

PS. - I don't follow 'stimulated' meaning 'not of original function use' I follow the dictionary meaning of it which is "creates an appearance of/imitates".

The method of simulation in this case is that the Ti analyzes the Fe function when they are both simultaneously activated. The strength of the link between them need not be big or small (that's irrelevant) as long as it exists, the Ti working with Fe can make a function which superficially at best resembles the workings of the Fi function. It's a Ji function infused with ethical/personal values from another source. It does not matter whether Fe "embarasses" the user or not. Now I will revise my previous statement because of a part I had forgotten. This simulated Fi at maximum can only be as strong as the Fe function for it requires Fe's value orientation as a key resource so the Fi will be weaker than the Fe BUT it will be more consciously accessible for the introverted user. I hope I have better explained myself.

Looking at what you said initially you claimed that this relationship would cause an INTP to simulate Fi, which would be 'making an appearance or imitating Fi' which is false. Fi can't be imitated. It's literally that you have 'one function or the other' or MBTI theory can be thrown in the bin, cause everyone can just imitate every function and there would be no need to understand other people's perspectives on things. But this I agree is my 'speculation'/opinion of my POV.

Other than that, You can make an "appearance" of it, but than that would only go to how people judge other people by their behaviors upfront. I think Ti looks a lot like Fi, because they stipulate from the same brain regions and are both introverted. But just because the brain activates in those areas, doesn't underline the fact that a Ti-dominant can all of a sudden look at the world in a 'Fi' tint positively or more easily than looking at it in an Fe tint at least (which was my point originally; reread and maybe your mind might grasp my original post).

Like you said "strength" is irrelevant, which is my point practically. As Salome suggests Fi>Fe in the INTP. I originally said INTPs have a 'better conscious use' of Fe. Therefore it is Salome's statment you're debunking. I haven't had my original statement debunked with evidence, yet (Which is 'INTPs have a better conscious use of Fe than Fi').

I said nothing about "Fe embarrassing" the user. The 8th function is usually referred to as the "embarrassment" function as they have it in their reach (meaning it can be developed in a user), though it is not the primary mode or the secondary mode or the tertiary mode of perception.

And you still haven't showed me evidence for this (which is what I was asking for before as well) for me to regard it as nothing but your own 'speculation' rather than evidence or theory: "the Ti working with Fe can make a function which superficially at best resembles the workings of the Fi function" and "It's a Ji function infused with ethical/personal values from another source" and "it requires Fe's value orientation as a key resource".

So you're practically saying Ti-Fe (the inferior, least consciously accessible function; somehow creating a 'conscious link') would allow for an INTP to have Fi (the most unconscious function) more 'consciously accessible' (With Ji's ethics included !?). Remember we are speaking the camera lenses of perspective here, not letters. I've never read this anywhere, please link me the evidence.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

I felt (emphasis on the 'felt') discussing this with [MENTION=14363]Standuble[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] , was a situation where one person is trying to stick to the expression of his ideas he's collected through the basis of the theory, and the other has his/her own idiosyncrasies due to disbelief of that basis. Which resembles the ongoing Theist vs Atheist debate as well. In which case, I think there is no point of discussing it any further on a forum, rather than to just say "fuck this" to the whole discussion, straight up. Btw, [MENTION=14363]Standuble[/MENTION], this is exactly what ditching 'formal logic' does (as you tried to convince me toward in a previous thread), - it creates instability.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
maybe the INTP-INFP thing is working out for the both of you. But as [MENTION=14363]Standuble[/MENTION] said, I'm not INFP, so maybe our conflict [MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] , is of another typing.

What type does Standuble think you are, and why?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, please show me it.
Fortunately, it was resurrected, so I didnt have to look for it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2017436#post2017436

Honestly, I don't find these debates very useful. It kind of gets crazy when people start to make silly pronouncements about which function a person MUST be using because they are X type. It completely undermines the usefulness of the theory. And let's not forget, it is only theory. Real people / data invalidate theories, not the other way around.

It's only logical that Fe is stronger.
No, it's not. Quite the opposite.

I would say INTPs activate that brain region for Ti, it would be almost impossible for INTPs to use it in a completely different manner of Fi. "
Ti and Fi do not share a "circuit" in Nardi's work. Not that this proves anything, just that if you are reading it that way, you are reading it wrong. His argument is that the functions occupy the same regions in every brain, not that they are overloaded in some way. My speculation was that overloading might be a handy explanation for mutual exclusivity, but there is nothing that points to this model as being the way brains actually work. I wasn't making a case for it, I think you picked me up wrongly.

I'm not INFP, so maybe our conflict [MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] , is of another typing.
First of all, we don't have a conflict, we have a difference of opinion. No offence, but I'd say my opinion of my own function use trumps your speculations about how this stuff is supposed to work.

I don't buy into the "Ti+Fe simulates Fi" equation either. That doesn't make sense.

Ti users can simulate Fe, however (chameleoning). It's much more likely that an introvert would simulate an extroverted function, in order to get by in social situations - much as Aspies have to learn the rules of social engagement which others seem to pick up without effort - than that they would simulate an introverted one. I mean, what would the point of that be? Who would you be kidding? Yourself?

I know when I am simulating Fe (I don't do it often because it feels like I need a long shower afterward) vs when I am being guided by Fi. It's impossible to conflate the two. They are usually diametrically opposed.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Fortunately, it was resurrected, so I didnt have to look for it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2017436#post2017436

Honestly, I don't find these debates very useful. It kind of gets crazy when people start to make silly pronouncements about which function a person MUST be using because they are X type. It completely undermines the usefulness of the theory. And let's not forget, it is only theory. Real people / data invalidate theories, not the other way around.

Really? That? I did that test. And like every other MBTI test online it doesn't mean that you have 'Fi'. It clearly states the certainty level you have either Fe or Fi. Considering this is an online test, people could have experience biased and you don't know what process the tester uses to identify with functions, it could have its loopholes. Other than that, it's understandable that most INTPs may get Fi over Fe, because Feeling is inferior to their cognitive processes so it's their least identifiable.

Functions determine the X type. Well THAT is Jungian Cognitive Functions Theory, whether you like that or not.

A single incidence of a "confusing result" says more about taker (or interpreter ) than test.
- you posted this on the thread. which seems hypocritical to you now saying 'people invalidate theories' and not the 'other way around'.

No, it's not. Quite the opposite.

According to one thread's view of an online testing (which you probably don't know the true mechanical processes behind)? With participants who, judging by their activity in forums, probably aren't even sure of their type (the fact that it is by Nardi is more reason to say the participants may* actually be the type the test listed instead of the types they think they are)?

Ti and Fi do not share a "circuit" in Nardi's work. Not that this proves anything, just that if you are reading it that way, you are reading it wrong. His argument is that the functions occupy the same regions in every brain, not that they are overloaded in some way. My speculation was that overloading might be a handy explanation for mutual exclusivity, but there is nothing that points to this model as being the way brains actually work. I wasn't making a case for it, I think you picked me up wrongly.

I wasn't reading it that way. I didn't even say it was in the "same circuit"? :shock: I said in the same brain region, as you are saying ... now... I think you're reading my post wrong. That is now your speculation, I think that's an interesting speculation. I wouldn't say that is a reason to say Fi>Fe (IN THEORY) like you did earlier.

First of all, we don't have a conflict, we have a difference of opinion. No offence, but I'd say my opinion of my own function use trumps your speculations about how this stuff is supposed to work.

I don't buy into the "Ti+Fe simulates Fi" equation either. That doesn't make sense.

Ti users can simulate Fe, however (chameleoning). It's much more likely that an introvert would simulate an extroverted function, in order to get by in social situations - much as Aspies have to learn the rules of social engagement which others seem to pick up without effort - than that they would simulate an introverted one. I mean, what would the point of that be? Who would you be kidding? Yourself?

I know when I am simulating Fe (I don't do it often because it feels like I need a long shower afterward) vs when I am being guided by Fi. It's impossible to conflate the two. They are usually diametrically opposed.

The thing that you just said after saying this wasn't a conflict was that our ideas clash - which is a conflict of ideas. Which is the conflict I'm talking about. Since you want me to be specific, - for no reason at all, since you don't know whether it has affected me deeply or if I'm just jolly enough to have an intense talk. (I prefer the latter)

These were my speculations and my reasons/evidence as you asked. You didn't provide any irrefutable evidence to back your point (Fe>Fi in INTPs), so it wasn't this absolute truth like made it appear as before (when you said that I had no "evidence" to prove that INTPs have 'better conscious use of Fe'... btw, when it clearly states in MBTI theory that the inferior function usually develops in later life, and activates in to handle 'stress' situations.. the funny thing is I didn't even say it was irrefutable - I just said it cause - that's what I know and people prefer to communicate).

And yeah I would say it creates an appearance of 'Fi', but that's the Ti-Fe connection. Not necessarily Fi. And if you use it to 'get by in social situations' it is actually your Fe - as Fi is a solitary function. As an INTP, you repress Fi, just as you repress some things in your perception - Fi supposed to be one of them. Anima-Animus - that's pretty much the elaboration of it. In theory, the idea that you have Fe is due to the INTP repressing Fi. If this isn't true, as you say, there would be no reason for INTP's counterpart being the ENTJ, who uses Fi as an inferior function.

And if you feel personally that you use Fi (and you use it to get by in social situations), then you may actually be ENTJ rather than INTP. If I were to use the logic of online testing, - since you're not "open" to "debate" "any further" - then you must not be INTP (this I'm guessing, you don't agree with - well why do you agree with the testing so evidently?).

And IMHO, the only reason you're replying to my posts is because you want the 'last word' and to say "no. no.". If you have any evidence to throw at my original post (INTPs have a better conscious use of Fe) then please show me that information, without denying my every "opinion" (as you said) with your speculations (as you said).

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. So much craziness. Like I said, a waste of time to debate. I don't want to keep having the same argument with every ill-informed, self-righteous noob who comes along.

There isn't any source (theoretical or empirical) that suggests INTPs have better conscious use of Fe than Fi. (It's a misunderstanding of theory that leads amateurs to this conclusion). Find one, or let it go. It's really not terribly important either way.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just because Fe tends to surface in INTP's, Fi appears to always be in the background minding its own business.

This is just from observing two people on this forum (both banned :p ), so can't say it is much of an arguement. But for INTP's, it seems to me that if you're not careful, Fi can end up becoming an immature shortcut to some issues Ti has trouble with. Often leading to dellusional and whack opinions. Wether or not Fi is the source, I do not know though.

MBTI divides the cognative process into eight categories. So it is easy to look at it as if looking at eight entities. But I think it is better to see the cognative process as a single entity that is surrounded by eight directions and bends towards certain directions. If that makes any sense. :D

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Just because Fe tends to surface in INTP's, Fi appears to always be in the background minding its own business.

This is just from observing two people on this forum (both banned :p ), so can't say it is much of an arguement. But for INTP's, it seems to me that if you're not careful, Fi can end up becoming an immature shortcut to some issues Ti has trouble with. Often leading to dellusional and whack opinions. Wether or not Fi is the source, I do not know though.

MBTI divides the cognative process into eight categories. So it is easy to look at it as if looking at eight entities. But I think it is better to see the cognative process as a single entity that is surrounded by eight directions and bends towards certain directions. If that makes any sense. :D

I couldn't agree more. :p

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On this logic, everyone only has extroverted functions, since those are the ones that tend to "surface". Maybe the confusion really is that simple.

This is just from observing two people on this forum (both banned :p ), so can't say it is much of an arguement. But for INTP's, it seems to me that if you're not careful, Fi can end up becoming an immature shortcut to some issues Ti has trouble with. Often leading to dellusional and whack opinions.
Whom are you talking about?
Wether or not Fi is the source, I do not know though.
I very much doubt it. Ti can come up with whacky crap. Esp. when not balanced by Pe.

Standuble

Wow. So much craziness. Like I said, a waste of time to debate. I don't want to keep having the same argument with every ill-informed, self-righteous noob who comes along.

There isn't any source (theoretical or empirical) that suggests INTPs have better conscious use of Fe than Fi. (It's a misunderstanding of theory that leads amateurs to this conclusion). Find one, or let it go. It's really not terribly important either way.

You're in the NF forum. The first rule is not to immediately expect a good debate the second is not to expect a well informed opponent and the third is not to expect your opponent to not be a self-righteous noob.

I've withdrawn the previous idea I mentioned about simulated functions as 1) I knew it was bullshit but was the best theory I had for the phenomena and 2) I had never heard of Nardi and am now studying the work on type's brain activity to supercede said bullshit I previously mentioned.

I do have a question and can apologise if it has already been answered or difficult to answer, it is rooted in my ignorance of Ti's workings. What happens with the Ti when you use Fi? For me Fi likes to make value judgment which essentially involves tipping the scale in one direction simply because I want it to, when weighing pro's and con's it allows me to just stick e.g. +2 to something simply because I want to (e.g. like the sound of it) and not on how it operates/amount efficiency etc. This is placing irrational value and IMO completely audacious. Does this occur for you and when it occurs does your Ti essentially go apeshit? I assume your Ti would stop working for the brief moment Fi is in effect and return a moment later. Does it declare the Fi action as a breach of internal logical consistence, see the internal logic in what Fi did or what? Or does (from what I know of Nardi's work) the apparent lack of overlap in brain areas which the two types use cause there to be no conflict at all?

Apologies if it is too difficult a question.

dieValkyrie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Heehee, I voted INFJ because the guy I'm currently seeing is INFJ, but I have to say I've never been more compatible with anyone ever nor have I felt such an instant connection and understanding.

I'm pretty sure my last boyfriend was an INTJ and that was a really terrible match because he saw my sensitivity as a weakness and would often get annoyed if I got too emotional or sentimental. He liked how strongly I felt about him, but anything else I cared about was stupid and trite.

Dating this new INFJ guy has been amazing though, he's just so loving and understanding and sensitive just like me but much stronger and likes to take care of me. I feel like I can trust and depend upon him.

S

Society

is it really Fi, or is it just frustrated Fe?

(*question directed at [MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] as well)

i had an INTP buddy throughout highschool and what i saw in him and am now using the MBTI to better understand, is that he was constantly aware of the Fe tapestry and yet was clueless about what to do about it. he constantly saw people getting treated in certain ways he wanted to be treated, people being in social positions he wants to be in, people getting the social interactions that he desires, and yet being completely clueless about how to solstice and get the interaction he desires. it's like, he see's Fe, but doesn't know what to do about Fe.

as a result, he'd constantly express a sense of being treated unfairly, and over time, in our late teens, that sense of unfairness became a big thing for him, and he'd see unfairness everywhere he looked, sort of like seen himself in any unfair situation. sort of like... social-underdog-based morality.

i am wondering how common that is, and if what sometimes seems like Fi in INTPs is more like.. too many years of Fe in a box.

Last edited: