• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This is for you as an individual, not what you think INFPs' best type is in general.

The same question for these other types:

ENFJs
INFJs
ENFPs

Last edited:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted ENFJ.....whenever I think about/describe my ideal it always sounds like an ENFJ. I've encountered enough in person to support this idea. I don't have enough real world experience with ENTJs, but it's a possibility. On those tests which indicate preferred romantic matches, I always get ENFJ or ENTJ. I'm sure other types would be great too, but this is what I imagine as my ideal.

A

Anew Leaf

Whatever type appreciates me for my imagination and whimsy and will let me be the best me I can be while being the best them they can be with me.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJ appears to be ideal, I like the idea of how the pairing can balance eachother out once you get over that difference hurdle.

E

Epiphany

I don't give undue credence to typological compatibility because it is a theory and many people frequently mistype themselves and others; but I voted for INFJ because I'm able to communicate with mine for hours at a time, which says a lot about our individual compatibility. I certainly wouldn't project that onto all INFJs though, or even many of them. What initially attracted me to her was how intelligent, articulate and self-aware she is. She doesn't wear a bitch front like she's trying to convince others that she's tough, and she's honest about her vulnerabilities. I find her refreshingly different from many women who I've encountered, in that she's willing to think for herself instead of being easily swayed by the opinions of others and she doesn't seek validation to be herself.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFJ is really taking the lead... I'm surpised, I couldn't imagine myself living with an ENFJ... .-.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I have a question for INFPs. You guys tend to notice INTP/INTJs from the crowd but why do you fantasy more about INTJ than INTP? I know INTJ have that self confidence but they don't have humors like INTPs.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJ is really taking the lead... I'm surpised, I couldn't imagine myself living with an ENFJ... .-.

They can be a handful sometimes haha.

I have a question for INFPs. You guys tend to notice INTP/INTJs from the crowd but why do you fantasy more about INTJ than INTP? I know INTJ have that self confidence but they don't have humors like INTPs.

Check the poll results out, none for INTJ so far, 2 for INTP's ;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well I cheated and voted so it's actully one vote

:doh:

The INTJs may show up & get you at your own game though. The last thread I recall that took a poll of INFPs' ideal match was "won" by INTJs. Some of us scratched our heads out loud as to how that happened, and then a strange rumbling could be heard as all across the world INTJs laughed maniacally inside their towers & lightening flashed across the sky.

Intuitives don't underestimate the power of suggestion, apparently.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting my infp bf seems to be terribly annoyed by enfjs.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Limiting this to just one isn't fair.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
...but they don't have humors like INTPs.

You're right.

Ours are better.

Interesting my infp bf seems to be terribly annoyed by enfjs.

Thanks for opening this topic up, cuz I've been meaning to ask about it since the beginning.

I know EFJs are one of the best-fit theories for IFPs, and I can understand it to an extent, but it also strikes me as odd.

Considering all the Fi-Fe battles that have gone on here, I mean, how do you Fi doms reconcile being with/loving an Fe dom?

Wouldn't they be a soulless organizer-of-the-collective trying to make you sacrifice your individuality for their herd mentality?

Starry

Same.

[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]...I've seen you discuss the whole 'opposites attract' thing. Most recently in Giggly's 'why are non-affectionate people attracted to affectionate people' (or whatever that thread is lol) thread. That we tend to be attracted to certain qualities we lack in an effort to seek balance. You don't think it applies here as well? Have you ever found yourself *mesmerized* lol by the charms of an ENTP?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]...I've seen you discuss the whole 'opposites attract' thing. Most recently in Giggly's 'why are non-affectionate people attracted to affectionate people' (or whatever that thread is lol) thread. That we tend to be attracted to certain qualities we lack in an effort to seek balance. You don't think it applies here as well? Have you ever found yourself *mesmerized* lol by the charms of an ENTP?
I'm not sure what Z will say, but I for one tend to be more annoyed by ENTPs than mesmerized or charmed. The few I know can be almost spastic, chaotic, capricious. ENFPs might flit from thing to thing like a sprightly fairy; ENTPs zoom among them like a reckless bush pilot. Another way to put it, they are like the most nitpicky, argumentative INTP on an overdose of caffeine. It just makes me tired.

Starry

I'm not sure what Z will say, but I for one tend to be more annoyed by ENTPs than mesmerized or charmed. The few I know can be almost spastic, chaotic, capricious. ENFPs might flit from thing to thing like a sprightly fairy; ENTPs zoom among them like a reckless bush pilot. Another way to put it, they are like the most nitpicky, argumentative INTP on an overdose of caffeine. It just makes me tired.

lol Coriolis...I understand.

This has nothing to do with nothing...but I guess I will just say here (before it gets dumped into off-topic-posts)...even after all this time I still don't totally understand the difference between 'extroversion' and 'social'. Like I am off-the-charts Ne...I'm even an e7...but I'm not very social (so last maybe?)...so everything you describe above...I do those things as well...but I don't necessarily need to engage the outside world if that makes sense. I do all of the above in my head lol.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for opening this topic up, cuz I've been meaning to ask about it since the beginning.

I know EFJs are one of the best-fit theories for IFPs, and I can understand it to an extent, but it also strikes me as odd.

Considering all the Fi-Fe battles that have gone on here, I mean, how do you Fi doms reconcile being with/loving an Fe dom?

Wouldn't they be a soulless organizer-of-the-collective trying to make you sacrifice your individuality for their herd mentality?

I frequently find myself drawn towards Fe types. It rarely turns into a war for me, and it offers a perspective on things that I tend to miss, which I appreciate. (I find that my Fi-ness gets in the way of my E9ness.) I also enjoy how much more expressive Fe types are, which helps counter my natural outward calm.

Most of the types I seem most drawn to are Fe types, although there are exceptions such as NTJs and ENFPs.