User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

3 3.85%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

5 6.41%
  • ISTP

3 3.85%
  • ENTJ

4 5.13%
  • INTJ

5 6.41%
  • ENTP

4 5.13%
  • INTP

12 15.38%
  • ENFJ

16 20.51%
  • INFJ

7 8.97%
  • ENFP

6 7.69%
  • INFP

8 10.26%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

2 2.56%
  • ESFP

3 3.85%
  • ISFP

0 0%
First 789101119 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    How does that work?
    Uh...I don't know how you guys do it, but despite having Fe and being a fellow P, you guys are attractive to little ol' moi regardless. You defy the laws of nature.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Uh...I don't know how you guys do it, but despite having Fe and being a fellow P, you guys are attractive to little ol' moi regardless. You defy the laws of nature.
    Oh, got it!
    I think INTPs are quite compatible with En 5s, 6s and 9s INFPs. INTP+ En 4 INFP would be challenging, to say the least, but could work.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

And INTPs are the one type that seems to prove the exception to the “no-Fe, no-P” rule.
    I don't find Fe problematic in INTPs; in fact, we can often bond over annoyance with Fe in others, most specifically in ESFJs.... As I age, ESFJs rub me the wrong way less & less though. My arch nemesis remains the ESTJ....

For some unknown reason, ENTPs & ISTPs are the xxTPs which repel me, while I usually gel initially with INTPs & ESTPs (but may have a "falling out" later down the line).

I do wonder how much the "role" of the function-attitude comes into play, but I don't buy the socionics theory about it (the function-attitudes, aka cognitive processes, are defined VERY differently from Jung's descriptions, IMO). The Berens/Beebes models don't seem to deal with intertype relations much, not to my knowledge anyway (which is limited). I lean towards my grasp of Jung's basic idea that beyond your dominant & aux, more than 1 function-attitude can be inferior & these are basically relegated to a realm where they are undifferentiated from things like memories & emotions, so much so perhaps that these functions don't even have an attitude (ie. an INFP may simply be Fi-Ne-S-Te, with "sensing" not being differentiated enough to have an attitude. This really supports "loop" theories, where Si would manifest as "attached" to emotions influencing Fi reasoning, and sometimes tertiary S could look Se-ish or appear inferior but not antagonistic like a Ni-dom's Se. ). Only the opposing function-attitude to your dominant may have a clear attitude, mainly because it's not able to co-exist with your dominant as the aux is. So you become aware of it at times, whereas the other inferior & undifferentiated functions are harder to pick out & define. This means that Si, Se, Ti, Ni & Fe in an INFP could be nearly equal in influence on the mind, as they may be undifferentiated with no specific, defined role. If you look at Nardi's data, this seems somewhat accurate. The INFP shows Te thinking, but not Si very much. The main thinking is associated with Fi & Ne areas, with some Te areas, but used quite differently from a xxTJ. This sort of suggests the tert may have no attitude, just being an undifferentiated inferior.

To tie loosely into the above about INTPs, this means they may be more aware of their Feeling, as it may be more defined in their mind in the opposing role to the dominant; whereas an ENTP's Feeling would be undifferentiated, & perhaps this makes them colder/less aware of valuation in their mind, which of course is unappealing to a Fi-dom. However, an ISTP lacks Ne, making them less easy to bond with, but an ESTP is less conflicting being S-dom (which is not opposing to anything in an INFP). Something like that.... I'm thinking outloud a lot in my posts today, but where else can I muse on personality theory :P.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I do find myself quite attracted to 5s, though. And INTPs are the one type that seems to prove the exception to the “no-Fe, no-P” rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    How does that work?
    It's because we don't have Fe. *bangs drum* *again*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It's because we don't have Fe. *bangs drum* *again*
    Nope. You don't!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Even if you claim it's your inferior, you still don't have it/ it won't manifest as classic Fe.
    Sheesh. What part of this is hard to understand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What's your enneagram, Salomé? cp 6?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Cp?
    5w4 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Cp?
    5w4 sx/sp
    cp means counterphobic (6s are divided between primarily phobic and primarily counterphobic).

You definitely sound like one. Btw, two 6s have agreed with me by rep.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You're all wrong.
    But you're probably used to that.