User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

3 3.85%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

5 6.41%
  • ISTP

3 3.85%
  • ENTJ

4 5.13%
  • INTJ

5 6.41%
  • ENTP

4 5.13%
  • INTP

12 15.38%
  • ENFJ

16 20.51%
  • INFJ

7 8.97%
  • ENFP

6 7.69%
  • INFP

8 10.26%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

2 2.56%
  • ESFP

3 3.85%
  • ISFP

0 0%
First 4567816 Last

Enneagram
    4w5

I dated an INFP for 2.5 years..... He was a lovely, loyal man.. I think, in an INFJ and INFP relationship, too much EMOTIONS are involved which can lead to passionate relationship but with HEATED arguments.....

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    This is for you as an individual, not what you think INFPs' best type is in general.

The same question for these other types:

ENFJs
    INFJs
    ENFPs
    I'm wondering why you have chosen to ask only these types?
    Is there a personal interest?...what is it?

Oh and also, regarding myself, i just don't know...i can't wrap it up and place it in a box like that.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    ENFJ is really taking the lead... I'm surpised, I couldn't imagine myself living with an ENFJ... .-.
    *Swoops past on rainbow horse-crab-motorcycle hybrid*

Your loss!!!
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    *Swoops past on rainbow horse-crab-motorcycle hybrid*

Your loss!!!
    Don't get me wrong, some of the people I most admire are ENFJs. ^^

I've tried relationships with ENFJs. It starts out feeling magical, but goes sour after a few months....really, really sour. I'm not sure that I want to go through the experience again.

I've tried to date INFPs, but if our value system doesn't match very well, major issues arise.

Pretty sure that what I need is not entirely what I think I want in the moment. I often want someone bubbly, intelligent, nice....like an ENFJ, but have matured over the years to realize that what I really need for a long lasting relationship is someone more grounded in reality, and less emotional than I am.

I voted for INTJ, but think maybe ENTJ, or XNTP would work as well.

Overall, I lean more towards the J's. Pretty sure my father is an INFP as well, and mother is an INTJ. They work together very well. Scuffles, but all productive conflicts.

I need a J to help me keep my future company organized, and help me decide how to set up operations and expand them most effectively.

So my ideal type will either be an ENTJ, or INTJ. Because I need so much time to recharge, and am not too sociable, I'm going with INTJ, FTW!!

Quote Originally Posted by unityemissions View Post
    I've tried relationships with ENFJs. It starts out feeling magical, but goes sour after a few months....really, really sour. I'm not sure that I want to go through the experience again.

I've tried to date INFPs, but if our value system doesn't match very well, major issues arise.

Pretty sure that what I need is not entirely what I think I want in the moment. I often want someone bubbly, intelligent, nice....like an ENFJ, but have matured over the years to realize that what I really need for a long lasting relationship is someone more grounded in reality, and less emotional than I am.

I voted for INTJ, but think maybe ENTJ, or XNTP would work as well.

Overall, I lean more towards the J's. Pretty sure my father is an INFP as well, and mother is an INTJ. They work together very well. Scuffles, but all productive conflicts.

I need a J to help me keep my future company organized, and help me decide how to set up operations and expand them most effectively.

So my ideal type will either be an ENTJ, or INTJ. Because I need so much time to recharge, and am not too sociable, I'm going with INTJ, FTW!!
    Hehe, they are good at that, yes. Your whole post was interesting as well.

Thanks!, Mia

All I know is that I'm going to not try and date for a solid 6 months right now. Just this morning ended a relationship with another INFP who was....I have no clue....hospitalized time and time again....labeled with everything under the sun....and now is seemingly caught up in the cult that is DID-specific psychiatry.

I've watched this woman go from taking no meds, to being on 5-6, and thinking she may have an alter or two, to now believing there is dozens, and she keeps saying conflicting stories of when she was first abused, etc...these psycho shrinks are inserting all sorts of nonsense in her mind, and she's gobbling it all up....I try to be honest with her and tell her she's stuck in a cult of some sorts, and she thinks I'm somehow the psycho?!

All I know is she used a gaslighting technique on me to the tee this morning, and is out of my life for good. I think that she was the female version of a psychopath....BPD, with psychotic tendencies.

I gave up months of my life, a ton (literally) of monies, gave up sobriety to try and fit in with her, etc, etc....and she's left thinking I was the psycho who was abusing her by being honest....

I realize this isn't representative of the average INFP, but damned....I just can't go though it again....

Quote Originally Posted by unityemissions View Post
    Thanks!, Mia

All I know is that I'm going to not try and date for a solid 6 months right now. Just this morning ended a relationship with another INFP who was....I have no clue....hospitalized time and time again....labeled with everything under the sun....and now is seemingly caught up in the cult that is DID-specific psychiatry.

I've watched this woman go from taking no meds, to being on 5-6, and thinking she may have an alter or two, to now believing there is dozens, and she keeps saying conflicting stories of when she was first abused, etc...these psycho shrinks are inserting all sorts of nonsense in her mind, and she's gobbling it all up....I try to be honest with her and tell her she's stuck in a cult of some sorts, and she thinks I'm somehow the psycho?!

All I know is she used a gaslighting technique on me to the tee this morning, and is out of my life for good. I think that she was the female version of a psychopath....BPD, with psychotic tendencies.

I gave up months of my life, a ton (literally) of monies, gave up sobriety to try and fit in with her, etc, etc....and she's left thinking I was the psycho who was abusing her by being honest....

I realize this isn't representative of the average INFP, but damned....I just can't go though it again....
    Dude... so sorry to hear that....

Just realize there are people with mental illness/issues to work through of every type. Personally I think INFP with INFP would be a rather lopsided match anyway.

It definitely was. The other major conflict I saw was the lack of development in her Te, but it's understandable. I'm 29, and she's 22...I think back to when I was 22, and how many irrational beliefs I had back then...I could see where she was with her reasoning potential, and see all the things she wasn't considering, but it felt like I was walking on eggshells and exhausting myself trying to come up with the correct approach to tell her that she wasn't thinking too clearly.

I'm pretty well sure if she stays in this cult, she will be dead before the age of 40. Generally speaking, people who take multiple hardcore psychiatric meds have a greatly reduced life expectancy. I realize correlation doesn't prove causation, but think that these meds usually cause more harm than good. Anyways, I don't want to gunk up this thread. Thanks for responding, though!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

By Socionics intertype relations chart the best match for INFP is the ESTJ. These two types have exactly same cognitive functions but in reverse formation, making them form what's called a Duality relationship (described under LSE-EII, INFP becomes INFj in socionics since that is their Fi leading Ne creative type). Unfortunately these two types, INFP and ESTJ, rarely meet and get together, so their unions are very few.

Other favorable matches include: ENFP (mirror relationship), ISTJ (activity relationship), ESFJ (mirage relationship), INTJ and ISFJ (benefit relationship), ENFJ (extinguishment relationship), ENTJ (semi-duality relationship)