User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

3 3.85%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

5 6.41%
  • ISTP

3 3.85%
  • ENTJ

4 5.13%
  • INTJ

5 6.41%
  • ENTP

4 5.13%
  • INTP

12 15.38%
  • ENFJ

16 20.51%
  • INFJ

7 8.97%
  • ENFP

6 7.69%
  • INFP

8 10.26%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

2 2.56%
  • ESFP

3 3.85%
  • ISFP

0 0%
First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    At that point, for me at least, it quits being about the type and becomes about the intangibles that MBTI doesn't address.
    Yep.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I just tend to chalk it up to a gender role thing. INFP males with T women is more likely to break typical gender roles, making it rarer. I believe it's the main reason why ESTJm and INFPf is one of the most successful opposite pairings, while you have to look harder to find ESTJf and INFPm talk about being romantically attracted to each other.
    @Tyrinth

Any comment on this?

You like to get pegged, don't you?

Just like Tater... must be the younger male INFPs... :P

@Ginkgo

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Ummm...

Two things...

First, there's three different ways of thinking of "opposites" when it comes to Jungian typology.

Think of the following as representing a type's function order (1-8):

You can think of 1234 and 4321 as being opposites (for an INTJ, that would be ESFP).

You can think of 1234 and 5678 as being opposites (for an INTJ, that would be ENTP); alternately, or, opposites, but with a little twist (with a different form of opposition), would be 1234 and 5328 (instead of having completely different functions for all 4 normal functions [i.e., one type's normal functions are the other type's shadow functions]), this pairing has just the dominant/inferior functions as "opposing functions" (i.e., same function, but opposite attitude), but has the same functions in the auxiliary/tertiary, just in reverse order (which leads to the INTJ-ENFP combination).

You can also think of 1234 and 8765 as being opposites (this is really the most opposite, and, for an INTJ, would be ISFJ).

Second, what @Coriolis said about ENTPs applies to me as well. While they can be entertaining for periods of time, and are the MBTI's natural comedians, they are almost unanimously annoying as shit after a while, and I can't really see myself being with one. Their puerile Fe, which results in an excessive and absurd need for external validation, often makes me want to wipe their existence off the face of the planet.
    Ah what? I didn't know there was going to be any math involved in responding to this. Haha! I'm just kidding!!!
    No, I mean...I think all the opposite combinations you listed can fall under the 'opposites attract' heading...and I do think there is something to be said (for some) with regards to the attraction between 1234s & 5678s...especially when those 1234s & 5678s are ENFJs & INFPs. I don't necessarily think this applies only to Intuitive Feelers though...but I do like me some INFJ men-folk. <--- it may make for a 'higher-octane' relationship (idk)...which may be too much for some...but it is romantic and rewarding if you can work through all the *stuff*.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Tyrinth

Any comment on this?

You like to get pegged, don't you?

Just like Tater... must be the younger male INFPs... :P

@Ginkgo
    Comment? Hmm, I don't know what you're hoping for, but I really don't have much perspective to offer here.

I don't really over-think it, I just seem to get along with ExTJs in the real world, and I like being around them.

I really have no idea if some kind of gender role thing plays a part. Maybe. I tend to ignore gender roles, for the most part anyways. So maybe that is why I have the opinion that I do on this, going off of the assumption that the quote in your post is the case, of course.

I voted INFJ. But I could easily go ENFJ or ENFP, though I'm not sure I could keep up with an ENFP.

I love other N types because I find it easier to connect with them.

I like Fs but an SFJ type, particularly ESFJ, I would not like at all. They are exhausting to me.

I also like the balance of Ts for me. I noticed INTPs have a high rating but for some reason they are a big turn off for me (??????) as far as attraction goes. I mean, I like them, they are fun, but I don't find them romantically attractive. Also an ENTJ or ESTJ would be way too harsh for me. If I was going for Ts it would probably be introverted types.

And I do seem to have a thing for SPs, as far as attraction goes. I think that's what my last BF was.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeCait View Post
    I noticed INTPs have a high rating but for some reason they are a big turn off for me (??????) as far as attraction goes.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

With regards to the INTPs: one is a fake, and another should be under INTJ.

As such, ENFJ should be the highest, with four votes, and INTP second, with three.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Interesting, I wasn't expecting INTPs to rank well with INFPs and bad with INFJs.
    I used to think INFPs were too sensitive+subjective+spiritual for my parameters, but nowadays I think it would be a pretty interesting match. And one thing is for sure: INFP is, by far, the cutest mbti type.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Interesting, I wasn't expecting INTPs to rank well with INFPs and bad with INFJs.
    I used to think INFPs were too sensitive+subjective+spiritual for my parameters, but nowadays I think it would be a pretty interesting match. And one thing is for sure: INFP is, by far, the cutest mbti type.
    parameters, snicker.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Considering all the Fi-Fe battles that have gone on here, I mean, how do you Fi doms reconcile being with/loving an Fe dom?
    I don't. .-.
    Well, they're nice as friends, but as a romantic partner... It could happen, you never know... But it's just so hard to imagine.

With regards to the INTPs: one is a fake, and another should be under INTJ.
    Ok, well it will be interesting to see where they come when more people vote

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    And one thing is for sure: INFP is, by far, the cutest mbti type.
    Awww, maybe I need to re-think my position on INTPs
    ...oh wait,

Quote Originally Posted by raindancing View Post
    parameters, snicker.
    ...yeah....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D