• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

Mia.

I frequently find myself drawn towards Fe types. It rarely turns into a war for me, and it offers a perspective on things that I tend to miss, which I appreciate. (I find that my Fi-ness gets in the way of my E9ness.) I also enjoy how much more expressive Fe types are, which helps counter my natural outward calm.

Most of the types I seem most drawn to are Fe types, although there are exceptions such as NTJs and ENFPs.

:shock:

Of course it all comes down to the individual… but I have an extremely hard time conjuring up the natural desire to pair with another feeling type…. especially an Fe user…. especially an Fe dom. :ack!:

:doh:

The INTJs may show up & get you at your own game though. The last thread I recall that took a poll of INFPs' ideal match was "won" by INTJs. Some of us scratched our heads out loud as to how that happened, and then a strange rumbling could be heard as all across the world INTJs laughed maniacally inside their towers & lightening flashed across the sky.

Intuitives don't underestimate the power of suggestion, apparently.

:rofl1:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course it all comes down to the individual… but I have an extremely hard time conjuring up the natural desire to pair with another feeling type…. especially an Fe user…. especially an Fe dom. :ack!:

What about xxTPs? I count them as Fe types as well.

Still, I've noticed that INFP women are far more likely to be attracted to T males, whereas INFP males are more interested in other F type women. At least in theory.

Mia.

Still, I've noticed that INFP women are far more likely to be attracted to T males, whereas INFP males are more interested in other F type women. At least in theory.

Interesting. Although we have some INFP females advocating for dom Fe in this thread as well.

Strictly as a type, my favorites tend to be ESTJs, INTJs, and INTPs. INTPs are the only Fe users I am naturally drawn to (let's keep the Fe at least in the inferior position, mmkay?), and I could conceive of making a go of it with an INTP, but in general I think Ps and Js provide balance to each other and immense growth benefits.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I adore INTJs and I think they are my ideal match, but I voted INTP on the poll, since it's a more practical choice for the type as a whole as far as compatibility goes.
I can't imagine being with a dom or auxiliary Fe user at all! :shock:

Mia.

I adore INTJs and I think they are my ideal match, but I voted INTP on the poll, since it's a more practical choice for the type as a whole as far as compatibility goes.

Interesting. I think TJ/FP matches are more practical and compatible than FP/TP matches. I guess I should insert the any-two-mature-individuals-make-a-successful-match caveat in here somewhere.

I know right. :D

Burger King

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. The T types have this cold mysterious rogue aura thing going on. I've heard people tend to project things, qualities they like in a person, onto quiet reserved individuals. Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case with INFP + T type relations. Also, the INTX breadth of knowledge and clarity with their dom/aux thinking function makes for a "Whoa...shiny...toy..impressive" reaction by F types.

For myself, I want warmth. I'm not really touchy feely myself. This is "ideal" of course. Not pidgeoning-holing myself to any particular type(s).

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Zarathustra...I've seen you discuss the whole 'opposites attract' thing. Most recently in Giggly's 'why are non-affectionate people attracted to affectionate people' (or whatever that thread is lol) thread. That we tend to be attracted to certain qualities we lack in an effort to seek balance. You don't think it applies here as well? Have you ever found yourself *mesmerized* lol by the charms of an ENTP?

Ummm...

Two things...

First, there's three different ways of thinking of "opposites" when it comes to Jungian typology.

Think of the following as representing a type's function order (1-8):

You can think of 1234 and 4321 as being opposites (for an INTJ, that would be ESFP).

You can think of 1234 and 5678 as being opposites (for an INTJ, that would be ENTP); alternately, or, opposites, but with a little twist (with a different form of opposition), would be 1234 and 5328 (instead of having completely different functions for all 4 normal functions [i.e., one type's normal functions are the other type's shadow functions]), this pairing has just the dominant/inferior functions as "opposing functions" (i.e., same function, but opposite attitude), but has the same functions in the auxiliary/tertiary, just in reverse order (which leads to the INTJ-ENFP combination).

You can also think of 1234 and 8765 as being opposites (this is really the most opposite, and, for an INTJ, would be ISFJ).

Second, what [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] said about ENTPs applies to me as well. While they can be entertaining for periods of time, and are the MBTI's natural comedians, they are almost unanimously annoying as shit after a while, and I can't really see myself being with one. Their puerile Fe, which results in an excessive and absurd need for external validation, often makes me want to wipe their existence off the face of the planet.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Hmmm...

I suppose I didn't specify exactly which I was looking for... (edit: fixed)

I think most of the INFPs are voting for their specific ideal match, so I probably would've rather had you continue with the same...

I figure if each individual INFP puts their ideal match, we'll get a decent idea of the breakdown/diversity for INFPs...

I'll just count your vote for the INTJs, along with a number of other adjustments...

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting. I think TJ/FP matches are more practical and compatible than FP/TP matches. I guess I should insert the any-two-mature-individuals-make-a-successful-match caveat in here somewhere.

TJ/FP is more practical, and (in my opinion) overall more rewarding, than FP/TP matches; however perceiving types are more likely to have easygoing relationships with each other, which can be much easier. Not better.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Strictly as a type, my favorites tend to be ESTJs, INTJs, and INTPs. INTPs are the only Fe users I am naturally drawn to (let's keep the Fe at least in the inferior position, mmkay?), and I could conceive of making a go of it with an INTP, but in general I think Ps and Js provide balance to each other and immense growth benefits.

They do, but the J/P axis isn't the only place where balance and growth can be found. It depends on what type of growth you seek.

For example, ENTP women have helped me redefine what is possible and how I look at the world by helping me to dissect my Fi-based values. ENTJ women wield Te with a sophistication and mastery that leaves me looking in puzzled wonderment (mouth may or may not be agape). ENFJs have a social grace that I struggle to match even in my own day-dreams. All 3 types provide different opportunities for growth, and all of them have advantages and disadvantages.

At that point, for me at least, it quits being about the type and becomes about the intangibles that MBTI doesn't address.

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. The T types have this cold mysterious rogue aura thing going on. I've heard people tend to project things, qualities they like in a person, onto quiet reserved individuals. Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case with INFP + T type relations. Also, the INTX breadth of knowledge and clarity with their dom/aux thinking function makes for a "Whoa...shiny...toy..impressive" reaction by F types.

For myself, I just want a warm blanket and a hug.

I just tend to chalk it up to a gender role thing. INFP males with T women is more likely to break typical gender roles, making it rarer. I believe it's the main reason why ESTJm and INFPf is one of the most successful opposite pairings, while you have to look harder to find ESTJf and INFPm talk about being romantically attracted to each other.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I just tend to chalk it up to a gender role thing. INFP males with T women is more likely to break typical gender roles, making it rarer. I believe it's the main reason why ESTJm and INFPf is one of the most successful opposite pairings, while you have to look harder to find ESTJf and INFPm talk about being romantically attracted to each other.

[MENTION=14786]Tyrinth[/MENTION]

Any comment on this?

You like to get pegged, don't you?

Just like Tater... must be the younger male INFPs... :p

[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]

Starry

Ummm...

Two things...

First, there's three different ways of thinking of "opposites" when it comes to Jungian typology.

Think of the following as representing a type's function order (1-8):

You can think of 1234 and 4321 as being opposites (for an INTJ, that would be ESFP).

You can think of 1234 and 5678 as being opposites (for an INTJ, that would be ENTP); alternately, or, opposites, but with a little twist (with a different form of opposition), would be 1234 and 5328 (instead of having completely different functions for all 4 normal functions [i.e., one type's normal functions are the other type's shadow functions]), this pairing has just the dominant/inferior functions as "opposing functions" (i.e., same function, but opposite attitude), but has the same functions in the auxiliary/tertiary, just in reverse order (which leads to the INTJ-ENFP combination).

You can also think of 1234 and 8765 as being opposites (this is really the most opposite, and, for an INTJ, would be ISFJ).

Second, what [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] said about ENTPs applies to me as well. While they can be entertaining for periods of time, and are the MBTI's natural comedians, they are almost unanimously annoying as shit after a while, and I can't really see myself being with one. Their puerile Fe, which results in an excessive and absurd need for external validation, often makes me want to wipe their existence off the face of the planet.

Ah what? I didn't know there was going to be any math involved in responding to this. Haha! I'm just kidding!!!
No, I mean...I think all the opposite combinations you listed can fall under the 'opposites attract' heading...and I do think there is something to be said (for some) with regards to the attraction between 1234s & 5678s...especially when those 1234s & 5678s are ENFJs & INFPs. I don't necessarily think this applies only to Intuitive Feelers though...but I do like me some INFJ men-folk. <--- it may make for a 'higher-octane' relationship (idk)...which may be too much for some...but it is romantic and rewarding if you can work through all the *stuff*.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tyrinth

Any comment on this?

You like to get pegged, don't you?

Just like Tater... must be the younger male INFPs... :p

[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]

Comment? Hmm, I don't know what you're hoping for, but I really don't have much perspective to offer here.

I don't really over-think it, I just seem to get along with ExTJs in the real world, and I like being around them. :shrug:

I really have no idea if some kind of gender role thing plays a part. Maybe. I tend to ignore gender roles, for the most part anyways. So maybe that is why I have the opinion that I do on this, going off of the assumption that the quote in your post is the case, of course.

CreativeCait

MBTI Type
PING
I voted INFJ. But I could easily go ENFJ or ENFP, though I'm not sure I could keep up with an ENFP.

I love other N types because I find it easier to connect with them.

I like Fs but an SFJ type, particularly ESFJ, I would not like at all. They are exhausting to me.

I also like the balance of Ts for me. I noticed INTPs have a high rating but for some reason they are a big turn off for me (??????) as far as attraction goes. I mean, I like them, they are fun, but I don't find them romantically attractive. Also an ENTJ or ESTJ would be way too harsh for me. If I was going for Ts it would probably be introverted types.

And I do seem to have a thing for SPs, as far as attraction goes. I think that's what my last BF was.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I noticed INTPs have a high rating but for some reason they are a big turn off for me (??????) as far as attraction goes.

Thanks for your thoughts.

With regards to the INTPs: one is a fake, and another should be under INTJ.

As such, ENFJ should be the highest, with four votes, and INTP second, with three.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting, I wasn't expecting INTPs to rank well with INFPs and bad with INFJs.
I used to think INFPs were too sensitive+subjective+spiritual for my parameters, but nowadays I think it would be a pretty interesting match. And one thing is for sure: INFP is, by far, the cutest mbti type. :wubbie:

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting, I wasn't expecting INTPs to rank well with INFPs and bad with INFJs.
I used to think INFPs were too sensitive+subjective+spiritual for my parameters, but nowadays I think it would be a pretty interesting match. And one thing is for sure: INFP is, by far, the cutest mbti type. :wubbie:

parameters, snicker.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Considering all the Fi-Fe battles that have gone on here, I mean, how do you Fi doms reconcile being with/loving an Fe dom?

I don't. .-.
Well, they're nice as friends, but as a romantic partner... It could happen, you never know... But it's just so hard to imagine.

CreativeCait

MBTI Type
PING
With regards to the INTPs: one is a fake, and another should be under INTJ.

:laugh: Ok, well it will be interesting to see where they come when more people vote

And one thing is for sure: INFP is, by far, the cutest mbti type. :wubbie:

Awww, maybe I need to re-think my position on INTPs
...oh wait,

parameters, snicker.

...yeah....