• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you have a floating turd for an avatar?

Wait, I think I figured it out.

Standuble

u
Why do you have a floating turd for an avatar?

Wait, I think I figured it out.

Very good. The question is whether you have come to the correct answer. "I figured it out" does not mean shit. You have reached several incorrect conclusions today, how long can you keep the streak going? I'm putting money on twenty incorrect conclusions in a row. You know if you filled the more traditional household role and were out in the kitchen cooking a meal or ironing the clothes you would not have to sit here wasting time with random people over the Internet.

Standuble

Me and my damned Ti literalism.
Please do explain the deeper spiritual significance of your journey, while I quietly slip into a coma.

It's simple. You may not have came to the correct conclusion. The actual reason behind the avatar is subjective to me and I have my doubts that you or anyone else has determined the correct reason. A turd is open to interpretation. A floating turd? A whole other boardgame.

Feel free to slip into a coma. Whilst you sleep, the world will continue. If you ever awaken you will awaken to a world which has left you behind. Then the journey will be yours for you will have no definition and you would have to employ everything in your power to fulfil that need to understand for in your time away from reality everything had changed and you are now further from omniscience than you have ever been. But some things do not feel the need to change, opting for the aesthetic as their functions seek to become the continued cornerstone as the universe moves off into the future. One such place is the kitchen. Whether the abode of a nuclear family or assembly of the communal unit, the humble chopping board, the fire, the table and the washing water seek to remain as relevant. A perfect place no, for a woman without place? Why then would you navigate the cloud network or the technical specs of the new age when you can slave over a fire or scrub some dirty underwear; tasks which join two eras together.

Are you comatose yet? I hope so. I'm off to make something of my life (hopefully) and hope to have at least mustered more than a few grey hairs by the time you wake up.

Farewell.

lambhunting

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFJs annoy me possibly more than any other type, ISFJs withstanding. Extroverted feeling annoys me as a dominant function...always pussy footing around everyone and wanting to be loved. Bleh.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENFJ because they care and balance our huge quietness/introversion. Social INFJs or ISFJs can also be a good match for INFPs. So those three are INFP's matches along with ESFJ.

jane4

MBTI Type
INFP
My husband is an xNFJ. We get along great. Our main problems are that I like to dream about and plan for the future, and he is more interested in enjoying the present. (this comes into play with saving/spending habits). He also gets frustrated because I can be very disorganized and messy. He claims to be very tidy, but I don't believe him!

DeenMachine

MBTI Type
INFP
I initially said ENFJ because I was thinking more of the friends I have, but I think when I want to be romantic, I would go more for INTJ because they are straightforward and I don't have to figure out what the hell they are talking about. Girls are hard enough without being ENFJ. :unsure:

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have never had any personal experience with ENFJs so I cannot say.
I've tried INFP, INFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, none has really worked out so far. However, I do gravitate towards the INFx people.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know, she just has to be a woman who knows that I am in charge and I make all of the rules and wear teh pants in the relationship. But see, the way the type functions are set up, I don't think any type is really subserviant to INFP's, which is not to say we are weak, it's just that naturally we don't express ourselves in a way where we dominate others unless it's really conscious but it's draining. I guess that's why people take us for doormats/push overs. Perciever, introvert, feeler, intuitive (not naturally in the moment)

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess my main selling point when it comes to my personality is my massive dong and otherwise personality doesn't really matter. It's like secret hidden place you have to keep all your personal thoughts and feeelings in, along with numerous dead bodies and severed limbs, because you are a man and thus should never express or desire too much love and worth. Like I mean, I. Don't, Know. I almost think that due to gender norms, by default I have to only live vicarciously through sex and drinking beer in any hopes of feeling fulfilled, self actualized or happy because I am relugated to being only half of a person. A half person.

Rune

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tend to have a big thing for Ne doms.. but I like Ni doms all right too..
but after so many disappointments, I'd have to say that I will probably end up settling for a feeler. Ts are too intense for me, admittedly.

gromit

likes this
I tend to have a big thing for Ne doms.. but I like Ni doms all right too.. but after so many disappointments, I'd have to say that I will probably end up settling for a feeler. Ts are too intense for me, admittedly.
I think feeler would probably be better for me too, as long as they aren't too whiny/sensitive. I could also do thinker who truly is open to compromise and making things work, but I've struggled with thinkers more.

Hetaira

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
First preference is ENTJ's. They are amazing to me! INSTANT CHEMISTRY!!!!

Second preference is ENTP's. Almost as good chemistry.

Sadly, the others just don't make my mind go twitterpated like the ENT's do! :)

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I don't think any type is my ideal match. I have relationships with all types - of varying degrees of interest and intimacy.

I don't think any person is my ideal person.

I believe in initial chemistry and connection but also know that to have a relationship even close to "ideal" a hell of a lot of work, striving for understanding and mature/intelligent negotiation is needed. Still...it's worth it!

LilithAmelie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This thread is never going to end :))) I voted INFP because my previous relationship was with one and he really made me come out of my shell by appreciating me for things I really didn't even realized I was/had before meeting him. He was loving and sensitive and we had good Ne connections but eventually each other's Fi drew a gap between us because we didn't want to express our disatisfactions out of fear of ruining it all. Which happened anyway. A beautiful construct but to delicate to sustain its' own weight because it had no real structure. We never argued. Isn't it weird, to regret you never argued or had a real fight with your partner? :) Runner up in the vote for me is INTP. I'm dating one now for 7 months and I am simply fascinated by his independent and quite attractive Ti, coupled with good live Ne communication and his adorable and sincere Fe. I guess it helps when an Infp can use his power of interpreting and deciphering behavior and fill in the blanks regarding another introvert. As long as we don't assume too much. ( we don't need the idea of afterlife to be in hell, we do a pretty good job building one by ourselves, all we need is imagination.. yeeey! I'm an atheist but I enjoy using religious ideas, it's funny)