User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

    3 3.95%
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    5 6.58%
  • ISTP

    3 3.95%
  • ENTJ

    3 3.95%
  • INTJ

    5 6.58%
  • ENTP

    4 5.26%
  • INTP

    12 15.79%
  • ENFJ

    15 19.74%
  • INFJ

    7 9.21%
  • ENFP

    6 7.89%
  • INFP

    8 10.53%
  • ESFJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    2 2.63%
  • ESFP

    3 3.95%
  • ISFP

    0 0%
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 258

Thread: INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

  1. #131
    Senior Member Array flameskull95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    What type does Standuble think you are, and why?
    I'm guessing 'not INFP' if that is a type.

    Tbh, I think he thinks I'm an ISFP, as he said it referencing a quote from http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ther-type.html - "Where's the abstraction? Where's the hyperbole" (The person behind that quote said I was ISFP, and I think you might remember from posting on it as well)
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

    I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

    Feeling FiNe

  2. #132
    meh Array Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flameskull95 View Post
    Okay, please show me it.
    Fortunately, it was resurrected, so I didnt have to look for it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...36#post2017436

    Honestly, I don't find these debates very useful. It kind of gets crazy when people start to make silly pronouncements about which function a person MUST be using because they are X type. It completely undermines the usefulness of the theory. And let's not forget, it is only theory. Real people / data invalidate theories, not the other way around.

    It's only logical that Fe is stronger.
    No, it's not. Quite the opposite.

    I would say INTPs activate that brain region for Ti, it would be almost impossible for INTPs to use it in a completely different manner of Fi. "
    Ti and Fi do not share a "circuit" in Nardi's work. Not that this proves anything, just that if you are reading it that way, you are reading it wrong. His argument is that the functions occupy the same regions in every brain, not that they are overloaded in some way. My speculation was that overloading might be a handy explanation for mutual exclusivity, but there is nothing that points to this model as being the way brains actually work. I wasn't making a case for it, I think you picked me up wrongly.

    I'm not INFP, so maybe our conflict @Salomé , is of another typing.
    First of all, we don't have a conflict, we have a difference of opinion. No offence, but I'd say my opinion of my own function use trumps your speculations about how this stuff is supposed to work.

    I don't buy into the "Ti+Fe simulates Fi" equation either. That doesn't make sense.

    Ti users can simulate Fe, however (chameleoning). It's much more likely that an introvert would simulate an extroverted function, in order to get by in social situations - much as Aspies have to learn the rules of social engagement which others seem to pick up without effort - than that they would simulate an introverted one. I mean, what would the point of that be? Who would you be kidding? Yourself?

    I know when I am simulating Fe (I don't do it often because it feels like I need a long shower afterward) vs when I am being guided by Fi. It's impossible to conflate the two. They are usually diametrically opposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #133
    Senior Member Array flameskull95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Fortunately, it was resurrected, so I didnt have to look for it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...36#post2017436

    Honestly, I don't find these debates very useful. It kind of gets crazy when people start to make silly pronouncements about which function a person MUST be using because they are X type. It completely undermines the usefulness of the theory. And let's not forget, it is only theory. Real people / data invalidate theories, not the other way around.
    Really? That? I did that test. And like every other MBTI test online it doesn't mean that you have 'Fi'. It clearly states the certainty level you have either Fe or Fi. Considering this is an online test, people could have experience biased and you don't know what process the tester uses to identify with functions, it could have its loopholes. Other than that, it's understandable that most INTPs may get Fi over Fe, because Feeling is inferior to their cognitive processes so it's their least identifiable.

    Functions determine the X type. Well THAT is Jungian Cognitive Functions Theory, whether you like that or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    A single incidence of a "confusing result" says more about taker (or interpreter ) than test.
    .
    - you posted this on the thread. which seems hypocritical to you now saying 'people invalidate theories' and not the 'other way around'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post

    No, it's not. Quite the opposite.
    According to one thread's view of an online testing (which you probably don't know the true mechanical processes behind)? With participants who, judging by their activity in forums, probably aren't even sure of their type (the fact that it is by Nardi is more reason to say the participants may* actually be the type the test listed instead of the types they think they are)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Ti and Fi do not share a "circuit" in Nardi's work. Not that this proves anything, just that if you are reading it that way, you are reading it wrong. His argument is that the functions occupy the same regions in every brain, not that they are overloaded in some way. My speculation was that overloading might be a handy explanation for mutual exclusivity, but there is nothing that points to this model as being the way brains actually work. I wasn't making a case for it, I think you picked me up wrongly.
    I wasn't reading it that way. I didn't even say it was in the "same circuit"? I said in the same brain region, as you are saying ... now... I think you're reading my post wrong. That is now your speculation, I think that's an interesting speculation. I wouldn't say that is a reason to say Fi>Fe (IN THEORY) like you did earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    First of all, we don't have a conflict, we have a difference of opinion. No offence, but I'd say my opinion of my own function use trumps your speculations about how this stuff is supposed to work.

    I don't buy into the "Ti+Fe simulates Fi" equation either. That doesn't make sense.

    Ti users can simulate Fe, however (chameleoning). It's much more likely that an introvert would simulate an extroverted function, in order to get by in social situations - much as Aspies have to learn the rules of social engagement which others seem to pick up without effort - than that they would simulate an introverted one. I mean, what would the point of that be? Who would you be kidding? Yourself?

    I know when I am simulating Fe (I don't do it often because it feels like I need a long shower afterward) vs when I am being guided by Fi. It's impossible to conflate the two. They are usually diametrically opposed.
    The thing that you just said after saying this wasn't a conflict was that our ideas clash - which is a conflict of ideas. Which is the conflict I'm talking about. Since you want me to be specific, - for no reason at all, since you don't know whether it has affected me deeply or if I'm just jolly enough to have an intense talk. (I prefer the latter)

    These were my speculations and my reasons/evidence as you asked. You didn't provide any irrefutable evidence to back your point (Fe>Fi in INTPs), so it wasn't this absolute truth like made it appear as before (when you said that I had no "evidence" to prove that INTPs have 'better conscious use of Fe'... btw, when it clearly states in MBTI theory that the inferior function usually develops in later life, and activates in to handle 'stress' situations.. the funny thing is I didn't even say it was irrefutable - I just said it cause - that's what I know and people prefer to communicate).

    And yeah I would say it creates an appearance of 'Fi', but that's the Ti-Fe connection. Not necessarily Fi. And if you use it to 'get by in social situations' it is actually your Fe - as Fi is a solitary function. As an INTP, you repress Fi, just as you repress some things in your perception - Fi supposed to be one of them. Anima-Animus - that's pretty much the elaboration of it. In theory, the idea that you have Fe is due to the INTP repressing Fi. If this isn't true, as you say, there would be no reason for INTP's counterpart being the ENTJ, who uses Fi as an inferior function.

    And if you feel personally that you use Fi (and you use it to get by in social situations), then you may actually be ENTJ rather than INTP. If I were to use the logic of online testing, - since you're not "open" to "debate" "any further" - then you must not be INTP (this I'm guessing, you don't agree with - well why do you agree with the testing so evidently?).

    And IMHO, the only reason you're replying to my posts is because you want the 'last word' and to say "no. no.". If you have any evidence to throw at my original post (INTPs have a better conscious use of Fe) then please show me that information, without denying my every "opinion" (as you said) with your speculations (as you said).
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

    I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

    Feeling FiNe

  4. #134
    meh Array Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Wow. So much craziness. Like I said, a waste of time to debate. I don't want to keep having the same argument with every ill-informed, self-righteous noob who comes along.

    There isn't any source (theoretical or empirical) that suggests INTPs have better conscious use of Fe than Fi. (It's a misunderstanding of theory that leads amateurs to this conclusion). Find one, or let it go. It's really not terribly important either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #135
    Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,192

    Default

    Just because Fe tends to surface in INTP's, Fi appears to always be in the background minding its own business.

    This is just from observing two people on this forum (both banned :P ), so can't say it is much of an arguement. But for INTP's, it seems to me that if you're not careful, Fi can end up becoming an immature shortcut to some issues Ti has trouble with. Often leading to dellusional and whack opinions. Wether or not Fi is the source, I do not know though.

    MBTI divides the cognative process into eight categories. So it is easy to look at it as if looking at eight entities. But I think it is better to see the cognative process as a single entity that is surrounded by eight directions and bends towards certain directions. If that makes any sense.

  6. #136
    Senior Member Array flameskull95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Just because Fe tends to surface in INTP's, Fi appears to always be in the background minding its own business.

    This is just from observing two people on this forum (both banned :P ), so can't say it is much of an arguement. But for INTP's, it seems to me that if you're not careful, Fi can end up becoming an immature shortcut to some issues Ti has trouble with. Often leading to dellusional and whack opinions. Wether or not Fi is the source, I do not know though.

    MBTI divides the cognative process into eight categories. So it is easy to look at it as if looking at eight entities. But I think it is better to see the cognative process as a single entity that is surrounded by eight directions and bends towards certain directions. If that makes any sense.
    I couldn't agree more. :P
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

    I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

    Feeling FiNe

  7. #137
    meh Array Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Just because Fe tends to surface in INTP's, Fi appears to always be in the background minding its own business.
    On this logic, everyone only has extroverted functions, since those are the ones that tend to "surface". Maybe the confusion really is that simple.

    This is just from observing two people on this forum (both banned :P ), so can't say it is much of an arguement. But for INTP's, it seems to me that if you're not careful, Fi can end up becoming an immature shortcut to some issues Ti has trouble with. Often leading to dellusional and whack opinions.
    Whom are you talking about?
    Wether or not Fi is the source, I do not know though.
    I very much doubt it. Ti can come up with whacky crap. Esp. when not balanced by Pe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #138
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Wow. So much craziness. Like I said, a waste of time to debate. I don't want to keep having the same argument with every ill-informed, self-righteous noob who comes along.

    There isn't any source (theoretical or empirical) that suggests INTPs have better conscious use of Fe than Fi. (It's a misunderstanding of theory that leads amateurs to this conclusion). Find one, or let it go. It's really not terribly important either way.
    You're in the NF forum. The first rule is not to immediately expect a good debate the second is not to expect a well informed opponent and the third is not to expect your opponent to not be a self-righteous noob.

    I've withdrawn the previous idea I mentioned about simulated functions as 1) I knew it was bullshit but was the best theory I had for the phenomena and 2) I had never heard of Nardi and am now studying the work on type's brain activity to supercede said bullshit I previously mentioned.

    I do have a question and can apologise if it has already been answered or difficult to answer, it is rooted in my ignorance of Ti's workings. What happens with the Ti when you use Fi? For me Fi likes to make value judgment which essentially involves tipping the scale in one direction simply because I want it to, when weighing pro's and con's it allows me to just stick e.g. +2 to something simply because I want to (e.g. like the sound of it) and not on how it operates/amount efficiency etc. This is placing irrational value and IMO completely audacious. Does this occur for you and when it occurs does your Ti essentially go apeshit? I assume your Ti would stop working for the brief moment Fi is in effect and return a moment later. Does it declare the Fi action as a breach of internal logical consistence, see the internal logic in what Fi did or what? Or does (from what I know of Nardi's work) the apparent lack of overlap in brain areas which the two types use cause there to be no conflict at all?

    Apologies if it is too difficult a question.

  9. #139
    Junior Member Array dieValkyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Socionics
    POOp
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Heehee, I voted INFJ because the guy I'm currently seeing is INFJ, but I have to say I've never been more compatible with anyone ever nor have I felt such an instant connection and understanding.

    I'm pretty sure my last boyfriend was an INTJ and that was a really terrible match because he saw my sensitivity as a weakness and would often get annoyed if I got too emotional or sentimental. He liked how strongly I felt about him, but anything else I cared about was stupid and trite.

    Dating this new INFJ guy has been amazing though, he's just so loving and understanding and sensitive just like me but much stronger and likes to take care of me. I feel like I can trust and depend upon him.

  10. #140
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Just because Fe tends to surface in INTP's, Fi appears to always be in the background minding its own business.
    is it really Fi, or is it just frustrated Fe?

    (*question directed at @Salomé as well)

    i had an INTP buddy throughout highschool and what i saw in him and am now using the MBTI to better understand, is that he was constantly aware of the Fe tapestry and yet was clueless about what to do about it. he constantly saw people getting treated in certain ways he wanted to be treated, people being in social positions he wants to be in, people getting the social interactions that he desires, and yet being completely clueless about how to solstice and get the interaction he desires. it's like, he see's Fe, but doesn't know what to do about Fe.

    as a result, he'd constantly express a sense of being treated unfairly, and over time, in our late teens, that sense of unfairness became a big thing for him, and he'd see unfairness everywhere he looked, sort of like seen himself in any unfair situation. sort of like... social-underdog-based morality.

    i am wondering how common that is, and if what sometimes seems like Fi in INTPs is more like.. too many years of Fe in a box.
    Last edited by Society; 01-08-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] ENTJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 06:54 PM
  2. [ENFJ] ENFJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 10:17 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 01:35 PM
  5. [ENFP] ENFPS: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 12:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •