• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

INFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zarathustra would perhaps yield better results by asking: "Which type is statistically most likely to have sex with animals?"
Pretty sure that thread has already been started.

But you're correct. I do like getting inside a Horse. A Horse costume that is. Ideally with a woman. We take turns at being in the lead and controlling where it is going. We move about a lot and it all happens in complete darkness. It's a lot of fun.
I prefer riding, but I guess it takes all sorts...

Standuble

Pretty sure that thread has already been started.

I prefer riding, but I guess it takes all sorts...

That thread emerged from ex nihilo after my post was created. It's good when my vacuous suggestions inspire meaningful art.

As for the Horse costume...that was an analogy. I don't really but was comparing it to the act of sexual intercourse. It would appear that others did not notice either. I've been trying to compare bits of food to sex as well. I will probably succeed when I can be bothered to try.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah riding is fun too. The up and down movement whilst going along becomes strangely pleasant don't you find?

Are you talking about a rising trot?

A little tame for my blood.

Standuble

Are you talking about a rising trot?

A little tame for my blood.

Not necessarily. If I'm not mistaken the motion still occurs in a thoroughbred racehorse blasting away at top speed. Sometimes the movement is so strong the rider falls off. Be careful Salome because such activities could end up being back-breaking.

sorenx7

Not necessarily. If I'm not mistaken the motion still occurs in a thoroughbred racehorse blasting away at top speed. Sometimes the movement is so strong the rider falls off. Be careful Salome because such activities could end up being back-breaking.

As in look what happened to Christopher Reeve I suppose. My family had an old album out recently. I found some pictures of myself riding a horse as a child. I know my grandfather always had horses and I vaguely remember riding them. But I was so young in those pictures and I seriously doubt I received much instruction on what to do. Somehow it seems the people I was around just assumed it was something people should be doing: riding horses. However, it's something that doesn't really appeal to me at all. Those pictures did help me dig up some memories, but they weren't particularly fond memories. I can also remember riding bareback and that was damned uncomfortable. I'd prefer to leave these things to the real equestrians, to people who really want to be doing such things. I'd much rather be driving a car or maybe riding a motorcycle.

Standuble

As in look what happened to Christopher Reeve I suppose. My family had an old album out recently. I found some pictures of myself riding a horse as a child. I know my grandfather always had horses and I vaguely remember riding them. But I was so young in those pictures and I seriously doubt I received much instruction on what to do. Somehow it seems the people I was around just assumed it was something people should be doing: riding horses. However, it's something that doesn't really appeal to me at all. Those pictures did help me dig up some memories, but they weren't particularly fond memories. I can also remember riding bareback and that was damned uncomfortable. I'd prefer to leave these things to the real equestrians, to people who really want to be doing such things. I'd much rather be driving a car or maybe riding a motorcycle.

Indeed, I don't think I've rode a horse since my school field trip. I wonder what became of those Horses, probably ended up in some burger or something (heh British news.) However I rode a Donkey when I went to Morocco and a Camel in Fuerteventura. An odd experience even if they stunk and shat all over the road. A thumbs up for me. I myself like to run. I often walk and run the five miles to work and the five miles home. Not only is it pleasurable but it makes the imagination go wild. Some of my best fiction ideas in the past have occurred on "the long walk." Shame the best fiction ideas were still a little on the crappy side but what can you do?

sorenx7

Indeed, I don't think I've rode a horse since my school field trip. I wonder what became of those Horses, probably ended up in some burger or something (heh British news.) However I rode a Donkey when I went to Morocco and a Camel in Fuerteventura. An odd experience even if they stunk and shat all over the road. A thumbs up for me. I myself like to run. I often walk and run the five miles to work and the five miles home. Not only is it pleasurable but it makes the imagination go wild. Some of my best fiction ideas in the past have occurred on "the long walk." Shame the best fiction ideas were still a little on the crappy side but what can you do?

I've always like walking quite a lot. So did Kierkegaard. It's just that I don't have an interesting place to walk in like Copenhagen. Of course, there are other interesting places, but my problem is that they're not close enough to me. Scenery does make a difference to me.

Standuble

I've always like walking quite a lot. So did Kierkegaard. It's just that I don't have an interesting place to walk in like Copenhagen. Of course, there are other interesting places, but my problem is that they're not close enough to me. Scenery does make a difference to me.

It does for me but the aesthetic quality of the place runs second place to the underlying dynamics of it. When I go for walks I want to reflect, I want to think, to understand, to identify my issues and where solutions may lie. The subconscious realisation of the wind blowing, the birds singing, the trees swaying and the endless flow of passing traffic like some stream perhaps act like an ignition key for the Ne and my mind lights up beyond the standard Fi subjects of evaluation. I can muse upon the arts, sciences, history, philosophy. As we say here in Southern England sometimes "the whole shabang." Whatever I desire. A beautiful but sterile place may not serve any purpose for me unless an object in it stirs reflection in me. Unfortunately I have no love for art or creativity other than my own or what I can find value in. The quintessential philistine perhaps?

sorenx7

It does for me but the aesthetic quality of the place runs second place to the underlying dynamics of it. When I go for walks I want to reflect, I want to think, to understand, to identify my issues and where solutions may lie. The subconscious realisation of the wind blowing, the birds singing, the trees swaying and the endless flow of passing traffic like some stream perhaps act like an ignition key for the Ne and my mind lights up beyond the standard Fi subjects of evaluation. I can muse upon the arts, sciences, history, philosophy. As we say here in Southern England sometimes "the whole shabang." Whatever I desire. A beautiful but sterile place may not serve any purpose for me unless an object in it stirs reflection in me. Unfortunately I have no love for art or creativity other than my own or what I can find value in. The quintessential philistine perhaps?

I can identify with that. It's just in my case, unfortunately, I have no good places to walk. I can walk along the street where I may get hit by cars or I can walk on a track where I may get mugged. That's why when I visit friends in foreign countries I am often very impressed by the places I find to walk.

Standuble

I can identify with that. It's just in my case, unfortunately, I have no good places to walk. I can walk along the street where I may get hit by cars or I can walk on a track where I may get mugged. That's why when I visit friends in foreign countries I am often very impressed by the places I find to walk.

What I was essentially saying is that everywhere has the potential to be "a good place to walk" no matter how bland or dull it may be. Depends what it is you're looking for. For example in the last thirty minutes I've been pacing around my cold living room and just realised why the Industrial Revolution occurred in Britain, how it could have occurred in ancient times and also the components of strategic failure in top-down programmes utilised and proposed in the period of African investment during the 1970s. By definition my pace around the room would have been a dull walk as it did not connect with anything beautiful, only the mundane contents of my living room. However it was a good walk than most because of the insights it managed to provide which were much more than what was achieved during scenic walks.

I'm waffling however.

sorenx7

What I was essentially saying is that everywhere has the potential to be "a good place to walk" no matter how bland or dull it may be. Depends what it is you're looking for. For example in the last thirty minutes I've been pacing around my cold living room and just realised why the Industrial Revolution occurred in Britain, how it could have occurred in ancient times and also the components of strategic failure in top-down programmes utilised and proposed in the period of African investment during the 1970s. By definition my pace around the room would have been a dull walk as it did not connect with anything beautiful, only the mundane contents of my living room. However it was a good walk than most because of the insights it managed to provide which were much more than what was achieved during scenic walks.

I'm waffling however.

I'm just saying that walking has always been important to me. Throughout my life I've always been able to find good places to walk whether they were scenic or not. I've lived in several places in the U.S. and I've visited foreign countries extensively. I've always been able to find good places to walk. Until now. I guess the problem is living in this neighborhood, though, something that happened more by accident than by choice.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jeez, this thread went lame since I stopped posting in it.
I confess, I have been thrown a couple of times. All part of the fun. Most of the time I manage to stay on top.

The rising trot is a stiff (English) kind of gait. At higher speeds, (on better breeds) the motion is less jerky.

As we say here in Southern England sometimes "the whole shabang."
You're banging the wrong thing. It's a she. http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-whole-shebang.html

Standuble

Jeez, this thread went lame since I stopped posting in it.
Women often say that and my argument is that it isn't. If it went downhill it was when I made the pointless suggestion about sex with animals producing more cogent results than surveying opinions for best romantic match.
I confess, I have been thrown a couple of times. All part of the fun. Most of the time I manage to stay on top.
Don't let the Horse taste victory and don't perceive falling off as a defeat. Instead turn it into a burger or lasagne instead. The one who outlasts the other is the winner and that would be you; the rider who is now indulging in some cheap cuisine. Yum yum.

My bad. If it turns out I was banging a bloke then I would just claim I was unaware, citing fantastic anecdotes of Kathoey close encounters and unknowing marriages to transsexuals. Deep down however I would carry the shame of creating spelling errors and not structuring my sentences to the quality I would like. Having made out with a dude would be the lesser source of shame of the two.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do your jokes and a Findus ready meal have in common?

sorenx7

I agree that the thread went lame. But part of this had to do with the fact that I was posting boring posts about walking, a few other pointless posts about horses (a topic I've not been very familiar with since childhood,) and some more useless posts about the fact that I live in a bad neighborhood. I have a talent for derailing threads.

I've heard the phrase "the whole shebang" many times. I doubt that I've ever used it myself and think it's not something you'd likely hear much now (in America.)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
What older ESTJ's do for Valentine's Day:

My husband is away on business, not home until tomorrow.

So, he left a card and heart-shaped chocolate with my son, who set it up on the kitchen table for me to find this morning.

Then, he sent me this in e-mail, which I just saw now:

When I'm working, yes, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you
And when the money comes in for the work I do
I'll pass almost every penny on to you
When I come home (When I come home), oh, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home to you
And if I grow old, well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you

When I'm lonely, well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's lonely without you
And when I'm dreaming, well, I know I'm gonna dream
I'm gonna dream about the time when I'm with you
When I go out (When I go out), well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you
And when I come home (When I come home), yes, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home with you
I'm gonna be the man who's coming home with you

And I would walk five hundred miles
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
To fall down at your door​

THAT brought tears to my eyes, there's so much of a message in there, that I can't fully explain to you all, but so moving!

Now I have a personal reason to love "500 Miles" too. :)

You'll perhaps note that the first verse is not quoted ... I went and listened to the song. And I see why - it's the verse about getting drunk and "havering" (talking gibberish.) :laugh: True that those are not applicable to him!

Anyway, why do I post this? Because I think the ESTJ love gets a bad rap here and I want you girls to keep your minds open to the kind of sweetness and steadfastness an ESTJ can bring to your life. Especially now in our 40's ... as that inner romantic gets more and more developed.

True, you could enjoy love with all types, but just remember that before you shush the STJ's away. I feel very blessed.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually, I've changed my mind. What type is most likely to be the charismatic yet introverted leader of la revolution? I want that one.