User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ENTJ

3 6.82%
  • INTJ

5 11.36%
  • ENTP

6 13.64%
  • INTP

7 15.91%
  • ENFJ

3 6.82%
  • INFJ

7 15.91%
  • ENFP

8 18.18%
  • INFP

4 9.09%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

1 2.27%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
123 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Default INFJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

This is for you as an individual, not what you think INFJs best type is in general.

The same question for these other types:

ENFJs
    ENFPs
    INFPs
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 06-19-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

38 views and 1 fucking vote?

You've got to be kidding me, INFJs...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

It's 100% ENFP hahahaha

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't know if INFJs have a perfect romantic match. Hard to find something that matches a Ni vision of how things ought to be...(not just in an idealized-I-want-a-perfect-mate way, but just in a this is reasonable to wish for and I'd also like to connect emotionally on some level sort of way.)

I don't think ENFPs or ENTPs are it for me, even though they are usually listed as the top picks. It appears to me that INFJs seems to admire the decisive nature of Te, but feel steamrolled by it in a relationship (hence a lot of INFJs with ENTJ and ESTJ exes). I know a number of INFJs that hitch well with INTPs. Halla's in favour of the ESTP/INFJ match.

MBTI
    nfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I don't know if INFJs have a perfect romantic match. Hard to find something that matches a Ni vision of how things ought to be...(not just in an idealized-I-want-a-perfect-mate way, but just in a this is reasonable to wish for and I'd also like to connect emotionally on some level sort of way.)

I don't think ENFPs or ENTPs are it for me, even though they are usually listed as the top picks. It appears to me that INFJs seems to admire the decisive nature of Te, but feel steamrolled by it in a relationship (hence a lot of INFJs with ENTJ and ESTJ exes). I know a number of INFJs that hitch well with INTPs. Halla's in favour of the ESTP/INFJ match.
    I feel the same. Neither ENTPs nor ENFPs are for me, especially not the ENFPs. ESTPs might work but they would have to be super mature and responsible and I think mature ESTP is a bit of an oxymoron lol. INTPs are great but not attentive enough for me, I had my longest relationship with one. Honestly, none of the other types seem right from a distance, not even another INFJ. I hope to find one of those persons who do not really seem to have any particularly strongly expressed type but who is just compatible with me.

violaine

In terms of type, INT guys so far. Best relationships have been w INTP and INTJ. I have always preferred fellow introverts though. Longest relationship was with an ISTJ guy, who was wonderful in a lot of ways, but not built for a relationship with someone like me. The N/S divide loomed very large for us.

And my rare excursions into getting-to-know/dating-an-extrovert land have reaffirmed that I'm more comfortable with an intro. I like the intimacy of a relationship with another intro. It's all "us against the world" and having private adventures. I want my partner to get me in ways that are really important to me. One of which is that I need to be quiet and reflective at times in order to feel happy. Both Es expected me to entertain them 24/7 and would freak the f**k out when I needed quiet time. Regardless of how much time I'd already spent with them or how many times I'd explained it. I would feel besieged and get so cranky when they wouldn't let me be. I don't need nearly as much quiet time with a fellow intro because their energy is calm, not clamoring.

The two Es I was involved with needed crazy levels of outside stimulation from my POV. Neither had the ability to self-soothe. (I know that's an introverted interpretation). Even if I could have provided that for them, I don't trust or want a dynamic where people date out of trying to balance themselves out, or need to drain another person dry in order to reach equilibrium. I prefer relationships where we are both trying to be the best people we can be.

So yeah, I prefer a high degree of similarity in terms of energy and mentality. The little (read: big) F/T twist is nice.

Please note: Not bashing on all extroverts. Just the two I knew once upon a time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've usually been attracted to extroverted thinker types and found that they had so much outside engagement with everything around them that I sometimes wished for more together time that didn't include other people or crazy big projects of theirs. If anything, I wished for more time alone with them than more alone time by myself. I need time alone and am pretty self-sufficient, but I like being around the people I like most without a big agenda for our time together sometimes.

I am not sure, there are so many conflicting characteristics that I like in a person.

I have realised that I really appreciate a childlike, innocent, enthusiastic quality in a person because it warms my heart and makes me trust them, but at the same time I don't want a person that is irresponsible and unable to deal with real-world problems. So a mature ENFP seems like a good match.

ENTPs are attractive to me for their brilliant, out-there minds and entrepreneurial spirit but if they are not mature and have an arrogant asshole-attitude they immediately become unattractive.

Riva

An ideal match I would imagine is hard to find for an INFJ more than for any other type. Sorry folks.

Their perceptive skills are unmatched, their high maintenance for harmony and understanding is extreme, a few things/flaws are ever missed out by them and do they even enjoy sex?

Considering these facts I would imagine the best match for INFJ females are INTPs. But sadly INTPs are emotionally retarded. Yikes!

I'm stereotyping of course.