User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ENTJ

3 6.82%
  • INTJ

5 11.36%
  • ENTP

6 13.64%
  • INTP

7 15.91%
  • ENFJ

3 6.82%
  • INFJ

7 15.91%
  • ENFP

8 18.18%
  • INFP

4 9.09%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

1 2.27%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
First 678

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

By Socionics intertype relations chart the best match for INFJ is the ESTP. These two types have exactly same cognitive functions but in reverse formation, making them form what's called a Duality relationship (described under SLE-IEI, INFJ becomes INFp in socionics since that is their Ni leading Fe creative type). Unfortunately these two types, INFJ and ESTP, rarely meet and get together so their unions are very few.

Other favorable matches include: ENFJ (mirror relationship), ISTP (activity relationship), ENTP (mirage relationship), INTP and ISFP (benefit relationship), ENFP (extinguishment relationship), ESFP (semi-duality relationship)
    Can any INFJs confirm these relationship types?

Most of the types winning on the poll are other intuitive types. Nobody dates sensors? :P

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've dated sensors and intuitives and I haven't yet decided which is a better match. They're different.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post

Most of the types winning on the poll are other intuitive types. Nobody dates sensors? :P
    I find the communication between my N and S to be highly frustrating in the long term. I envy sensors' abilities to do the details, but i'm not sure I could have a successful romantic relationship with one...unless they were really close to the N line. I love my sensors...but we irritate each other.

MBTI
    infj

I was in a long-term relationship with a sensor. Although I adored him I was generally quite unfulfilled by our interactions. It seemed like he was happy to simply have my company as he was doing something, whereas I really wanted to be able to inhabit a mind-world together.

Interacting with Ns is amazing, it's strange how they can see things you haven't said and jump to points further along the path while still being on the same path. I have weird telepathic sort of experiences with Ns. It's also gratifying how happy they are to have rambly long conversations and not give the slightest crap about the time, to know that that type of experience is one of the greatest pleasures for them as well.

I would like to think that I am still open to dating sensors, but I fear that I will miss that feeling of home and acceptance that I get with Ns, that comes from being able to share in the invisible parts of life together.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post

The first guy I was with, and whom I came to love/became really attached to, was most likely an ESTP - just a very quirky one that may have seemed more ESFP-ish but I think was definitely Ti vs. Fi.

There were a lot of good things there, and we really clicked well emotionally and physically. I do not think the intellectual side was ever there, nor do I think the long-term view would have been promising; there was a huge chunk of my personality and lots of conversations and topics that didn't really 'apply', for lack of a better word, to that relationship. But, like I said, the emotional/physical connection was quite good.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I honestly haven't dated much at all. I think I dated a sensor in 1990. It was fairly disastrous, but many factors contributed to that besides type.

I don't think the benefactor relationship fits super well with my INTP and I, though in some ways it does. I forget what the one I felt was more accurate is called. Regardless, I'm happy with him and have no intentions of seeking a different partner, hopefully for the rest of my life.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers