User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ENTJ

3 6.82%
  • INTJ

5 11.36%
  • ENTP

6 13.64%
  • INTP

7 15.91%
  • ENFJ

3 6.82%
  • INFJ

7 15.91%
  • ENFP

8 18.18%
  • INFP

4 9.09%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

1 2.27%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Ten View Post
    Honestly, at this point I think I seriously question the type of anyone who claims to be an INFJ yet gets along well with ENFPs and INFPs.
    I'm damn sure I'm an INFJ and I dated an INFP for years and am currently having a child with/in a relationships with an ENFP. Last failed relationship was with an INTP.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

I'm rather fond of the INTJs myself. I find they keep me balanced and grounded. All I need is for them to maintain that patient (usually mildly anxious) look for about 2 minutes, while I have my little emotional dump...and then I'm comforted by the dispensing of rational advice. I'm not a huge feeler myself, so I can generally handle most NTs.

But my match would definitely have to be an NT. I'm all the feeler I can handle...and while I love my sensors, I just cannot live with one. They may make me a little stabby...*cough*

MBTI
    nfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    Well I'm older and happily married to an ENFP for five years running. He's very different in how he functions but we don't disagree on the important things like "Is there any inherent point which needs no logical proof in being nice and decent to people?", "Is there very obviously a higher purpose to the universe, life and everything?" and "Are you a kooky sap, really?" (<---answer: no. No sir, am not.) . He treats me with inherent respect because we have similar values and I don't have to explain myself over and over again. I feel he may not always understand why I do things the way I do them but that he appreciates me for who I am and has the respect and courtesy to allow me to live my life the way I want to. It's hard to put into words. I do think it's very easy for us to enjoy life together. I really like his zest for life coupled with the Ne zaniness and Fi values. It's more about picking your poison, personal preference and many compatibility factors on top of that, and if you're a romantic like I am, maybe a bit of fate and destiny thrown in the mix too.
    My sister who is also an INFJ is married to an ENFP but that marriage is now coming to a close after just under twelve years, that marriage was seemingly happy for a long time and their attraction to each other was indeed overwhelming so I am not unfamiliar with the attraction and initial contentment that these types can have with each other even though I have personally never been attracted in that way to an ENFP male (I am attracted to XTXX).

The person who I considered my best friend of over twenty years is an ENFP. I had her on a pedestal for quite a while, she seemed so kind, decent and original; she also made huge sacrifices for my career which had the effect of making me rather loyal to her. That relationship ended when one day it forcefully occurred to me that all that time we really had very little in common at the deepest levels and I just somehow did not begin to see this until a couple months before our last conversation. I have a few other XNFP experiences that I will not go into that has shaped my rather negative view of them over time.

I think part of the problem I have with XNFPs and Fi is that they have all these strong unspoken values that often only come to the surface after a really long time in many instances and ENFPs in particular try to have this live and let live attitude which can often complicate their relationships with people who are truly and deeply different from them but this complication mainly becomes apparent after quite a significant amount of time. Actually these days due to me having less need to always have harmony with people, I can more easily communicate my Ni based observations, quite a few of which XNFPs really hate and so we kind of run into problems far more quickly than we did in the past. I also now prefer the crudeness of Se to the zaniness of Ne.

Anyway, I am happy that your relationship is working well for you, long may it last and hopefully your ENFP experience will not turn out to be anything like my own. I think INFJs in general tend to have great difficulties with obtaining and sustaining healthy, happy relationships so if you have found that, then I am very pleased for you.

MBTI
    nfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I'm damn sure I'm an INFJ and I dated an INFP for years and am currently having a child with/in a relationships with an ENFP. Last failed relationship was with an INTP.
    So are you saying then that the relationship you had for years with the INFP failed in the end?

There seems to be quite a few examples of failed INFJ/INTP relationships online, the ex partner of nearly every INTP over at INTP central seems to have been an INFJ (or ISFJ). If it is true that the ideal partner of the INTP is an ESTJ as some sources think, then they are probably not going to do very well in that kind of relationship with an INFJ who is has no functions in common with the ESTJ. I know two INTP men who are in stable relationships with ESTJ women but who knows if that will end in the same epic fail as I have seen in the INFJ/ENFPs ones.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sounds bitter in my head
    I fixed that for you.

Your frustration is the only gratitude I can accept

trololololo

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Blech, I don't know.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Enneagram
    9w8

Wow...hard question. I honestly don't know the answer to it....

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

@Ten I'm aware of the what you're speaking of and I can see in that being a problem, but I was fully aware of what I was getting into. I've had close lifelong friends of this particular type and I'm conscious of what's easy and what's challenging and that I won't be fully understood. I am appreciated though which means more to me. For me I think we're all here to understand ourselves, not to be understood. Can't externalize that. So I'm not expecting someone to be like me or to get me. I would for example relate to an ENFJ on a personal level much better because of the similiar way they see things and so forth. The communication is so much easier with ENTPs and ESTPs but what I like personally is having the same values and views, however different they manifest and are derived.
    Type's all well and good but it's the individual to individual interaction and what happens in that space that is real and type I think is just a way to differentiate the flavors. As it is it seems I just like that particular flavor for some reason, enough to surround myself with it as friends go. As people go I wouldn't be compatible with any other man than the one I'm with. Can I say it'll last forever with 100% confidence (despite him being the love of my life)? Not really. I'm a romantic but I'm a realist too. I've been in two intense long term relationships prior.
    EDIT: I'd like to add that I think that just because a relationship ends it doesn't make it a waste. I think sometimes even the most "right" relationships come to an end. Everything has a meaning (or if one doesn't like that kind of thinking: Every experience can ultimately be used to benefit us) and a meaningful important relationship can also have an end before "death do us part".
    As for ESTPs and the type characteristics I can see in some of my close friends and acquaintances: I personally love spending time with my ESTP friends relaxing and I think I've learned alot from the few I get along with (but also I've had more ugly permanent fallings out with friends of this type than any other...actually I've had none with any other type) by just being around them. Especially now we've matured, however I wouldn't say it's a particularly easy type to type relationship either, though I'm sure it can be rewarding because the other's strenght is the other's weakness. But that's also why it's challenging.
    At the end of the day it's about individual's, not type. But because we can generalize things too, I'd say I have a real liking for people who have that particular type (ENFP) as it usually gives a flavor of warmth and and openness to a person.

...and also to be clear I have no problems speaking my mind. I'm a 4w3 sx tritype 458.

MBTI
    INFJ

I am in love with an ENFP and it is a painful roller coaster ride. I am happiest with an ENTP. Why is this?

This ENFP reads me like a book and typed me before I even knew my type. Because of the emotionality and deep connection we have that exists without words, every time his curiosity gets the better of him and he chooses to spend time with another woman - which is ALL of the time, I can't help but feel like my person is being rejected at a very deep level. Like I'm not good enough or something; though in reality - he is probably just being an ENFP.

The relationship dynamics just don't shake out to be very healthy or secure in the long run. In short, ENFP + INFJ = strong and intense emotional connection, goes up in flames because ENFPs can't commit and INFJs need commitment.

ENTPs and INFJs share the compatibility of ENFP and INFJ but without the heaviness of intense emotional connection. Therefore, when ENTPs are just being spontaneous and curious, INFJs don't take it personally and they can see the ENTP curiousity for what it really is and delight in it - instead of taking it as a personal rejection.

It is funny, my non romantic relationships with ENFPs are similar and fun.

At least, this has been my experience. I have been burned by an ENFP so I am biased.

I'm happy with my ENTJ, it works perfectly.