User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Thread: Nonsocial ENFPs

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Whachaw! (I make funny noises when I'm tired.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    How do you do this dual nature thing without your coworkers resenting that you don't spend time with them after hours? I've tried this all my life, thinking maybe if I was extra friendly during the workday, I could get away with being my introverted, asocial self at home. But people are mistrustful of that, and they get their feelings hurt. Even if I explain I'm just not very social. B/c they think I'm social at work, so I must just not like them. GAH, people!
    Believe it or not, it has really never come up. That is not to say in 8 years of employment I have never attended a funeral for a co-worker's loved one or made a phone call to someone in distress. But it is the rare exception. It seems that I am able to get by with being "on" during the workday and I am otherwise forgiven. Thank God for small favors!

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

I think mature ENFPs are truly introverted extroverts ^^ and it's not a bad sign at all.
    Haven't you heard the quote that goes, "The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude" ??? :P

And do you realize that most of the greatest people who re-shaped our culture throughout history were anti-social? Being anti-social gives you the chance to detach, to see what others (who are too busy trying to blend in, or being influenced without even knowing it) don't see.

Developing your auxiliary introverted function is quite a good thing leading to success, me think :P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    I think mature ENFPs are truly introverted extroverts ^^ and it's not a bad sign at all.
    I don't believe in all ENFP's being introverted extroverts. In fact I haven't seen that kind of description of ENFP's in the ENFP type descriptions.

MBTI
    nnnn

I often realize I have gone WAY TOO FAR in my 'non social/anti-social' kick and have become lonely, depressed, socially riztarded and just not doing jack with myself in general.
    Hmm...I relate to this a lot....at some point my being alone and thinking just isn't constructive anymore and I realise I need to get out of the house and do something whack to re-energise, but I'm stuck and can't find it within me to get my ass out of the couch so to speak. :p Perhaps it does have to do with the fear of leaving my Ni world behind and venturing into the physical world...and the paradox is that I really feel alive once I'm challenged. It's a bit like not wanting to go to a party and then having an awesome time when you're there.

Anyway, such spells tend to be broken by way more active and adventurous periods that might go a bit over the top for an introvert...I do have a problem with dosage.

MBTI
    ENFP

i'm trying to recede to a more introverted state of mind myself.

he enfp charm and social freedom is good for networking, maintaining relationships, and getting what i want but lately i've preferred alone time over crowds and when i do go out it's with people i want to be out with.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

im having doubts about my introversion.

im starting to wonder if im actually just a reluctant introvert/a shy extrovert.

i often feel like i live in a masochist prison of Fi, an ENFP taken hostage by Fi and doubting shadow Ni...

i posted a lot about this already here:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post233969

MBTI
    ENxP

Yup, all the great souls are doomed to walk the path of loneliness in life

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

would this be a possible explanation for a shy ENFP? or just an unbalanced INFP?

1. my Ne was not recieved well at a particular point in childhood.
    2. parent Fi, to protect him, hid him away from public.
    3. i never completley go insane, because my Ne still escapes in private activities (playing guitar by myself, drawing, writing, reading, dreaming)
    4. but the bottom line is that Fi the tyrant needs to let Ne show more in public...im a reluctant introvert at the hands of Fi the tyrant...
    5. If Fi would stop being so over protective, and let Ne run free (like when im at my happiest in public --impersonating, acting, drawing ironic parallels where there really shouldn't be, dancing...) then i wouldnt be constantly searching for an "acceptable" way to extrovert.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    That's why ENPs are usually so ho-hum in ordinary situations: it's hard for Ne to activate. And those "situations" that offer new connections, ideas, etc. are not necessarily social situations, so it can go off sort of capriciously.
    true story: Will Ferrel is very "normal" and not a joker in his regular life according to his immediate family.....

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze
    So all the healthy, moderate, understandable, healthy reasons and motivations for having alone time aside -- for me, the ruler (or is that tie-breaker) is fear. Fear makes me disengage and hide from the world, fear makes me scared of people and interactions, fear makes me not want anyone to see me. I definitely can get so preoccupied with failure and doubt that I'm literally frozen and make my decision by default.

And seriously 'staying in my room' literally and figuratively has been my 'default' many a time.

This is a special level of purgatory reserved for attention whore 'E's -- because I am ENFP to the bone and I am my own worst enemy. Between my needs (to be out with the world and be the best I can be for myself and others) and my my neurotic fears and all the stress and adrenalin from the ongoing internally sourced conflict -- I'm seriously strangling the person inside and stunting my growth.

It's something I've been dealing with for years. Hopefully, mine is an isolated 'CzeCze sucks' reason and not applicable to type.
    I cant begin to tell you how much i resonate with this post... im almost starting to believe that i am in fact a very insecure ENFP and not an INFP....