User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Nonsocial ENFPs

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

"And nonsocial, well, it's not really applicable to human beings."

It's probably better to ascribe the terms to behaviors than persons. Of course there's no people that have like ZERO social interaction, but certains behaviors could be considered nonsocial, like CzeCze's room lurking!

Then again, how would you describe a person who's been catatonic their whole life? I think it would make sense to call that person nonsocial even though they still have some capacity for being social.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm going to respond to Haphazard's comment from the sp thread here before getting back to work:

"I've heard that Ne also makes people seem somewhat introverted. Even though it's 'extroverted perception,' it's still internalizing information to make connections.

Se, I guess, wouldn't be like that.

Then again, you never know until you ask..."

And my response:
    Haha! New NT Thread: Nonsocial ENTPs. I don't know what you mean by internalizing information though, and why Se wouldn't be like that. I've also never met an introverted-like ENTP.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    Oh, ok. Is your alone time a hobby, or is it necessary?
    It's necessary.

My ENFP friend defines himself on who he is instead of who others are or what the world wants him to be.
    Uh, is there any other way to define one's self?

*I* know and understand me, and *I* choose/decide what's right or wrong, "good" or "bad" about me, as well as who *I* want to be.

How does that even marginally relate to your comment about your friend defining the *world* in terms of himself?

He HATES MBTI with a passion because I am always attempting to relate his traits and his actions to classic ENFP. His individuality is in danger so he fights. Oh well...he's missing out.
    I understand where he's coming from, though I don't fully agree with his attitude. I always relate myself to others but I am the one who ultimately defines myself.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Uh, is there any other way to define one's self?
    How does that even marginally relate to your comment about your friend defining the *world* in terms of himself?
    Yeah, someone can define oneself based on accomplishments, heritage, class, wealth, education, etc.

Oh, I was too lazy to look back.
    He defines the world in what it has to do with himself.
    Example:
    -I just realized that someone I loved since childhood came back from the dead.
    ~wtf? people can't come back from the dead.
    -I thought she left forever. Going away forever is the same as dying.
    ~...*me thinking: ugh, more irrationality*

That was really off-topic.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    And YES!!! Please, let's talk about this ENFPs.

I have my own theories -- ENFPs are way too wussy for our own good and we need to escape from the cruel, cruel world sometimes. I have literally dropped off the radar for months at a time (and somewhat what I'm doing now) and it does NOT energize me and it does NOT nourish me.

There is a line where time alone is wonderful and I savor it and it gives me external peace which makes up for the constant cacaphony in my mind. With the Ne -- it is exhausting at times to be 'outside' but still energizing in it's own way. And interesting what Pink said about Si - yeah, bad vibes are my kryptonite, I'm like a psychic receptor or thermometer and it's hard for me to just 'shake it off' unless I've written off the whole thing.

I think also, ENFPs are really bad at moderation and consistency and weak Si makes for bad record taking sometimes because I often realize I have gone WAY TOO FAR in my 'non social/anti-social' kick and have become lonely, depressed, socially riztarded and just not doing jack with myself in general. I have officially taken 2 steps back in my attempt to take 1 step forward by being 'meditative' and doing it like an 'I'.
    What utter bollocks CzeCze!!! :rolli:

You absolutely have no idea about me or other ENFPs.

And everything you state in this post cannot be further from the truth.

------- ------- ------> (yes, that's me ever so slyly moonwalking away from the thread)
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hap, I take it you didn't check out the links. :rolli:

Dictionary.com is *not* a dictionary, rather it is a site that provides many definitions/usages/etymologies collected from *several* reputable dictionaries as well as other reference sources.

You are a smart girl and I will tell you right now, if you are at all linguistically inclined (which I think you are), I would suggest that you switch your internet lexicon source of the English language to dictionary.com as it is far superior to the one you are currently using.
    Damn it!

You caught me using one of the oldest tricks in the book (Murphy's Law of Research: enough research will yield proof for anything you want to prove). I am quite familiar Dictionary.com and was using it and trying to condense the 'antisocial' and 'asocial' definitions that I found there into something smaller than what they had. I am aware that dictionary.com has an entry for 'nonsocial,' but that is by far not the definitive definition for 'nonsocial.'

Do not patronize me. I was just trying to help for all intents and purposes of this thread -- just whatever damn words you DO decide to use, don't use 'antisocial' to describe somebody that's 'not social' -- or else they may just turn antisocial on you. I've seen it happen.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Do not patronize me. I was just trying to help for all intents and purposes of this thread -- just whatever damn words you DO decide to use, don't use 'antisocial' to describe somebody that's 'not social' -- or else they may just turn antisocial on you. I've seen it happen.
    My dear, dear Hap, I would never matronize you, you just happen to be an incredibly intelligent girl, (which I immensely appreciate), so I like to give you a hard time, all in good fun though.

Oh, and I never used the word antisocial to describe myself, fyi.

I can be, and am, pretty asocial, and this has been the case, off and on, since I was 13 or so.
    Last edited by SillySapienne; 05-11-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling icorect.ly
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Ah said, PREACHIT!!!

*btw, I'm referring to your tone... it's kick-ass.

...and I'm not making fun of you... omg, please don't kill me!

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I'm going to respond to Haphazard's comment from the sp thread here before getting back to work:

"I've heard that Ne also makes people seem somewhat introverted. Even though it's 'extroverted perception,' it's still internalizing information to make connections.

Se, I guess, wouldn't be like that.

Then again, you never know until you ask..."

And my response:
    Haha! New NT Thread: Nonsocial ENTPs. I don't know what you mean by internalizing information though, and why Se wouldn't be like that. I've also never met an introverted-like ENTP.
    It's because Ne is stimulated by new possibilities, ideas, insights, connections, information, and experiences in a situation, but *not* by the situation itself. That's why ENPs are usually so ho-hum in ordinary situations: it's hard for Ne to activate. And those "situations" that offer new connections, ideas, etc. are not necessarily social situations, so it can go off sort of capriciously.

Se is more stimulated by the immediate situation itself.

I think that's what Hap was talking about.

And you've never met an introverted-like ENTP? Seriously? I find that weird, because all NTs are aloof, distant, and disengaged to an extent (according to Keirsey), so my experience is the other way around: it's rare to find a stereotypically extroverted ENTx.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Ah said, PREACHIT!!!

*btw, I'm referring to your tone... it's kick-ass.

...and I'm not making fun of you... omg, please don't kill me!
    It's kind of funny how some people think I have eye lasers or something. That'd be an ENTJ trait, not INTJ.

Either way. Yeah...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge