User Tag List

123 Last

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Question NFs, which types do you dislike most?

What types do you tend to butt heads with most, and why?

As an INFP I supremely dislike ESFJs, though it may be personal bias. In my experience, we have a lot of ideological differences. Is this a common experience for INFPs? How about other NFs?
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

INFP 4's can make me want to tear my hair out.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    INFP 4's can make me want to tear my hair out.
    All the drama?
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    All the drama?
    They're more sensitive than a clitoris. I can't deal with them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm not going to say i dislike them the most, but i do agree that esfj's can be the most difficult for me to deal with. they are very stuck in their beliefs, which are usually not the same as mine, and don't try to compromise. also i think that they generally think i'm a weirdo and don't like me very much.

i just spent a lot of my time with my esfj friend who was getting married, she was sewing her own veil to save money and it was the night before the wedding and she still didn't have it done. she wanted my help, and i told her repeatedly that i didn't know how to sew, but she kept asking. and got frustrated and told me i had "no life skills." i wanted to tell her that having the common sense to buy a veil instead of making my own a day before my wedding is a good life skill that i have and she lacked. but i didn't, because i am nice

Society

i can't say i dislike ESFPs the most, in fact there's at lest one that i adore (my little teenage sister), but i do butt heads with them the most - i find that out of the over-sensitive types, they are not only the most inclined to jump the gun over misunderstandings and miss-communications, but are also the most likely to be offended by anyone pointing out the miss-communication itself, sustaining the conflicts when they arise.

also the fact we're both opposite order and opposite functions might have something to do with it (according to some theories - such as mine - that makes us each other's shadows).

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    What types do you tend to butt heads with most, and why?

As an INFP I supremely dislike ESFJs, though it may be personal bias. In my experience, we have a lot of ideological differences. Is this a common experience for INFPs? How about other NFs?
    I dislike Fe doms (ESFJs and ENFJs) mostly because of all of the implicit expectation and lack of boundaries they tend to have. for instance, my mother asked me a question, I gave an honest answer and she said "I think you meant...(I don't remember the answer she was expecting)" and I said "no, if I meant that, I would have said that. if you can't accept the answer, don't ask the question"

I also dislike a lot of ESTPs because insecure ones will have this tendency to try to pick out and fuck with people's weaknesses. generally, this is hard to do to me successfully, but the principle of the matter really irritates me.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I learned from a young age to adjust my behavior to those around me in order to have a frictionless existence (family issues), which means I don't overtly butt heads with people. However, from the people I know, ESTJs undoubtedly cause the most aggravation. I don't get angry easily, but my ESTJ sister has this ability to make me pretty wild (Very rarely to her face. More likely a massive rant in my head, or out loud to my INTP... who seems to find it vastly amusing.)
    Another ESTJ (INTP's cousin), he can annoy me, but not in a fury like my sister. Mostly he's just irritating in an amusing way. And he thinks I'm weird, so it's entertaining to perpetuate the idea. My INTP has trouble getting along with him... I've known other (suspected) ESTJs only as acquaintances. Even when I can see that they're nice people, and I am superficially fine interacting with them, there is something about the Te that rubs me wrong. I kind of find myself shutting down.
    I don't know what exactly it is that bothers me... this firmness of opinion? A slightly (or not) in-your-face quality? They often (thought not the two ESTJ family members I mentioned) shoot me down without giving any apparent thought to what I've said, and generally their rebuttal is based on a false assumption, but I don't even want to bother with trying to explain when they're not going to listen.
    I'm not interested in trying to change people's opinions, but that's all they seem to want to do with me. Sometimes it feels like they are bulldozers and I am standing in their way. I don't want to puff myself up all big and loud so they stop, when the whole conversation is pointless to me anyway. I'd rather transmorgify to a little woodchuck and burrow quietly away.

Oddly, the ENTJs I've known don't really bother me. I mean, they can, but they have qualities that generally ameliorate the annoyance.
    The ISTJs I know can be mildly annoying, but hardly worth mentioning. I just don't have much desire to talk with them. Conversation is a struggle, it's a stretch to find things in common to talk about.
    And the INTJs I know are great.

Oh and as a side note, ESFJs annoy the holy hell out of my INTP.

(Disclaimer: I'm only speaking of people I have known, and my personal perception of them. This is not meant as a blanket statement for a type.)
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

My INFP mom hates ENTJs because they can be very controlling, more so than any other type at their worst, though I imagine a high level ENTJ would be more laid back than a high level ESTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    My INFP mom hates ENTJs because they can be very controlling, more so than any other type at their worst, though I imagine a high level ENTJ would be more laid back than a high level ESTJ.
    Yea one of the ENTJs I know can be really controlling. It hasn't been directed at me though, so maybe that's why it hasn't annoyed me much. He is great for verbal sparring
    (However my INTP doesn't like him at all, thinks he's just a dick (Which he is. But he's a funny dick, so I don't mind). And my dad (ISFJ or ISFP I know know, totally different types, long story) despises the ENTJ.)
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky