• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, which types do you dislike most?

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ExFJs?

Nothing against them, but their Fe is just oozing all over the place. Most of them act like they like you a lot even if they hate you, so they just vent by talking behind your back. Fi's phony radar goes off the map around them.

I think dominant Fe types are more offensive to dominant Fi types like INFPs because the extraversion of the function is so off-putting and wrong (value judgement style) to us.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
While i have found a couple ENTPs IRL grating (particularly when they are young) its amongst the ones Ive encountered online that are most odious. Also, some INTJ nutters online, too.

I don't have any hate for Fe primaries. I'm surprised so many others have had bad experiences I've had some great EXFJ roommates. I find EXFJs to be generally positive people and I feel relaxed and confident around them. Perhaps I've only clearly identified mature ones (well in their 30s and older) but one of my early inspirational figures was an older EXFJ woman. She was so strong and charismatic and just a very nice person. Unfortunately she was plagued by a drinking issue and maybe something else but I admired her.

I did have one EXFJ coworker in retail that was unbearably bossy in the "my BO don't stink" kinda way and all the other coworkers regardless of type could barely stand her.

As far as being bossy and controlling :shrug: I just smile and keep on my way. Im not wasting energy on pissing contests and unless someone is in a position of power over me (boss etc) who cares? Sometimes I think Fi doms are so sensitive to the notion of someone bossing them that they forget they have a choice in the matter. I think Fi doms bristle under the *principle* of it.

Maybe it's being an SO primary, but I don't have a problem with Fe, though it may have a problem with me. :p

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had problems with people of various types - some that spring to mind immediately are ESFP, ENFP, ESFJ, ESTJ, INTx, and possibly INFP.

I would put this down more to these people not being particularly mature or "healthy", rather than it being specifically type-related. I'd say anyone of any type can be an ass, or can be wonderful. Another problem has sometimes been that we have had very different expectations for our relationship (whether that's a friendship or "relationship"), and sometimes that's been partly my bad. And it's not like I've been "healthy" 100% of the time in my life, either. Although, people I've had huge problems with have also tended to be those who others have huge problems with, I've noticed.

I have problems particularly with people who are any or all of the following: mean, inconsistent, flaky, hypocritical, arrogant. Beyond individual interactions where I've had problems, I really don't like people who behave like stereotypical ESFPs, ie. exhibiting the worst, most stupid qualities of that type. (I think a healthy/kind ESFP can be fantastic and probably has a lot of qualities I'd like to have.) I also find that many NTs can be highly arrogant, and INTJs (or perhaps again I should say those behaving like stereotypical INTJs) can be infuriating.

Although we can have gaps in understanding each other, and I sometimes find them too rigid, and they seem to find me too whimsical/dreamy...I basically love SJs. :wubbie:

Last edited:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could do without xSFJ's entirely.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I could do without xSFJ's entirely.
I dislike being around anyone super strict with narrow views, so I'd choose STJ's. Some SFJ's can be really great! Excellent caretakers and extremely thoughtful. My best friend is an ESFJ and she she is by far, one of the greatest people I know.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFJ....also ESTJ. The function I seriously like the least is Fe. I can't.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YES!!!
ExFJs?

Nothing against them, but their Fe is just oozing all over the place. Most of them act like they like you a lot even if they hate you, so they just vent by talking behind your back. Fi's phony radar goes off the map around them.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh and as a side note, ESFJs annoy the holy hell out of my INTP.

I have an ESFJ sister, they are really not that bad if you get to know them and they you! It's quite remarkable, but I quite like how she really tries to go through great lengths to follow my understanding. Even though she isn't that adapt to it, sometimes she understands me better than most NT's, just because other NT's might not try at all. And the fact that she really has to try hard makes it all the more charming.

I must say she is one of the stronger and more balanced ESFJ's I know though. And I do in fact not get along with ESFJ's outside of my comfort zone much, although I can't really say it turns to dislike either, more like a lack of similar interests to keep each other engaged..

PS: Growing up and during puberty we were sworn enemies. xP

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't disagree with you [MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION] about Fe doms but I will say INTPs loooooooove Fe types. Apparently XNFPs don't. Which I'm surprised about. I like Fe generally.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't disagree with you [MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION] about Fe doms but I will say INTPs loooooooove Fe types. Apparently XNFPs don't. Which I'm surprised about. I like Fe generally.

Hmm, if I think about it, there really is no specific type I dislike the most. There are people I dislike, but that has nothing to do with their types. The ones I find hardest to communicate with are ESTP's and ISTP's. Although the times it does work out, it can be quite amazing.

But most of the times we can be discussing the same thing while talking completely past each other as if the other one is talking gibberish.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Fi vs. Fe

EDIT: sorry for not removing the mention, Fluffywolf.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Fi vs. Fe

Ya, but I see Xntps complain here about Fe all the time (maybe they're just the younger ones not as familiar with cog functions?) If Xntps hated Fe so much, how come you get married to so many Fe types, huh? Huh?

Again, I don't have a problem with Fe per sae. It can be incredibly grating coupled with someone who feels like,you have to do XYZ and pulls a moral superiority act, but for the most parr you can just smile, nod, and ignore it or otherwise bypass it or confront it and move on. I always see Fe as well intentioned and it gives you but 1 option you can choose to follow or not.

In a social context Fe only has as much power as you give it. Also, I have seen this moral superior act pulled by Fi types as well. So :shrug:

Fe doms make great party hosts.

EDIT: sorry for not removing the mention, Fluffywolf.

Srsly. It's like you're a newb or something. :thelook:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder what happens if you put someone as a mention in your signature.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, does it work?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ya, but I see Xntps complain here about Fe all the time (maybe they're just the younger ones not as familiar with cog functions?) If Xntps hated Fe so much, how come you get married to so many Fe types, huh? Huh?

Why would we hate Fe? We use it ourselves.

Fi is the crazy function!

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have a pet peeve against ESFJs as a whole--I think some are really great people and some are supremely annoying, just like any other type.

In my experience, the types I'm most likely to clash with are SFPs and STJs. It's like the same group of words has an entirely different meaning depending on whether I'm saying it or they're saying it.