• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, which types do you dislike most?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Really surprised by all the xSFJ hate. There really isn't a particular type that I dislike.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
do you think they repel each other more than any other cognitive process combination? because i think so
That'd be consistent with my theory that Fi and Fe repel each other.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
do you think they repel each other more than any other cognitive process combination? because i think so

In my experience, yes, but I don't have a good theory as to why this happens, unfortunately. However, it may have to do with the fact that it's a judging function; I'm not very familiar with Ti/Te types and how they feel about the opposing function, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were just as opposed.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
i don't think i dislike any specific type - only separate individuals.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
In my experience, yes, but I don't have a good theory as to why this happens, unfortunately. However, it may have to do with the fact that it's a judging function; I'm not very familiar with Ti/Te types and how they feel about the opposing function, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were just as opposed.
I think this article explains the rift between Fi and Fe pretty well. The important point is near the end of the page.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it that case maybe the hatred comes mostly from the introverted user.
out of the to of my head i can see Te being more annoying to Ti users than the opposite, Ne being annoying to Ni users, and Si/Se i have NO idea.
*shrugs*

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
cool article. i find it funny when he says in the begg that no one understands Fi, because for me it feels like the easiest, more definite thing in the world.
regarding the Fi/Fe thing, i don't understand this (part in bold). i just can't grasp it, for me it's crazy:
"Because Fi judgments are formed independent of cultural convention, IFPs tend to be skeptical of Fe. Since Fe is in many ways more generic and predictable, IFPs can see it as inauthentic and contrived. They fail to recognize that Fe types are not intentionally being fake or insincere, but are being authentic to themselves; not in an Fi sense, but an Fe sense."
and this was me and my mum (ENFJ):
"Nonetheless, IFP children can find it extremely difficult, confusing, and damaging if raised by an FJ parent who insists they put on a “happy face.”"

I think this article explains the rift between Fi and Fe pretty well. The important point is near the end of the page.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
"Nonetheless, IFP children can find it extremely difficult, confusing, and damaging if raised by an FJ parent who insists they put on a “happy face.”"

I think this creates difficulty for any kind of child. When they grow up, they get to hear - you only focus on the negative in a situation! <said FJ> Well no shit. There are no issues with the positive, why would I focus on them? I want to make changes to the negative you fucking retard! You're too busy putting a happy face on every situation, no matter how critical, to even see the difference. Just stick your head back in that hole and get out of my way.

Not targeting any FJ in particular, it's just that general - be happy, no sad face attitude some have.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think this creates difficulty for any kind of child. When they grow up, they get to hear - you only focus on the negative in a situation! <said FJ> Well no shit. There are no issues with the positive, why would I focus on them? I want to make changes to the negative you fucking retard! You're too busy putting a happy face on every situation, no matter how critical, to even see the difference. Just stick your head back in that hole and get out of my way.
Interestingly, I get this more now from my INTP SO than I ever did from my FJ/SJ parents. I also have the same response: no need to work on the things that don't need fixing.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Interestingly, I get this more now from my INTP SO than I ever did from my FJ/SJ parents. I also have the same response: no need to work on the things that don't need fixing.

I use to hear it from my ENFJ, until I explained it like this. Ok, mostly like this but I do think he was willing to see it's the perception of a situation and not simply being a negative person.

AuroraBorealis

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
It's funny that NF's seem to dislike SJ's when SJ's pretty much have the same functions. You'll get along better when you both develop.