• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Ne-Fi: How do you survive Ne?

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was thinking about how seeing all possibilities might be scary.

Perhaps somebody would want to share their particular story of learning to live with Ne.

I hope this is not too personal to ask. I ask anyways. :shrug:

S

Society

not sure how literally to take this, this sort of posts makes me imagine something like this:

Nel, see's all the possibilities in every moment - not a single one escapes her!
Feona, the telepath who see's into everyone's mind...
Tesse, jumping over the limits of the brain into the subjective world...
Siril with his picture perfect memory...
Nill, with the power of prophecy, finances the unit through stock tips...
Fin, who always knows how to do right by the universe's standards...
Tiron, whose eye will never miss the underlining causes..
and Selly, the ultimate martial artist whose there to kick the bad guy's ass in the end...

together with their subtle but amazing super powers, they form the ultimate crime fighting team... team Jung!​

let's take it down a notch, shell we? Ne is pattern finding + imagination + a microscopic stargate in the bloodstream through which drugs from alien universes enter the system without us knowing, and in no way does that or can that entail being aware of all the possibilities.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how do we survive it? ha um...it's not scary or hard to deal with!

you don't see every possibility allll the time in every situation! i don't walk out my front door and get bombarded with images of a musical breaking out with all my neighbors or some car pulling up and taking me hostage or a driveby or being stared down by a cheetah or a guy on stilts walks by or what if i've walked into a brand new world that looks exactly like mine but everything is different and nobody knows me any more etc etc continuously and i can never get anywhere or do anything.

Starry

Perhaps somebody would want to share their particular story of learning to live with Ne.

Istbkleta - I thought you were ENTP...or at least had your type listed that way...you aren't anymore?

dom Ne can be scary...and will at times cause a great deal of anxiety and paranoia when your mind keeps shuffling all those possibilities around - over and over and you can't seem to latch onto to one...in order to move forward. It can be paralyzing. But I think all N doms experience this from time to time. Although with Ni...I more often see the error of locking onto the 'wrong possibility' and heading off in that direction...as opposed to becoming overwhelmed and frozen before-the-fact.

EDIT: whoops...you were also asking how we learn to deal with this. Umm...I haven't. And my life is a testament to that. Age and life experience helps...along with honoring all the good things that accompany Ne. But no...it is more of an acceptance really. Just accepting that this is how I am (and recognizing it).

S

Society

i don't walk out my front door and get bombarded with images of a musical breaking out with all my neighbors

no, but wouldn't you want to be?
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCO0J1N661U"]you know...[/YOUTUBE]

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've always thought of ne as being like add if it's not controlled well. my thoughts are very unstructured and will bounce between seemingly unrelated topics but will make a connection between them somehow. it can be very negative combined with fi, because it causes me to imagine what people are thinking and what their real motivations are. sometimes it can be scarily accurate but sometimes i'm totally off and just projecting what i think they feel onto them, which has no basis in reality and is just me letting my imagination run wild.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

depends on the possibilities one sees, which depends a lot on enneagram. I am an ENFP 7, so I see all the fun, exciting possibilities; an ENFP 6 will likely be thinking of 1,001 different ways something can go wrong.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have a limited amount of focus. When I focus on one thing for too long, I then have to recharge my brain by doing things like surfing the internet. I have to force my mind to stay on a subject for long periods of time.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
depends on the possibilities one sees, which depends a lot on enneagram. I am an ENFP 7, so I see all the fun, exciting possibilities; an ENFP 6 will likely be thinking of 1,001 different ways something can go wrong.

And an INFP counter-phobic 6 will be thinking of all the ways she could make something go wrong :devil:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

Yes, I am an Ne dom and 6 and I constantly think of ways things can go wrong. It can be a personal hell for me. That's why I have to constantly be doing something.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, but wouldn't you want to be?
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCO0J1N661U"]you know...[/YOUTUBE]

yes totally...i mean...it has happened but not ALL the time! haha

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it is like the purple girl from Andromeda. At least that is how I experience it. I hate cutting the bonzai tree