User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Default Ne-Fi: How do you survive Ne?

I was thinking about how seeing all possibilities might be scary.

Perhaps somebody would want to share their particular story of learning to live with Ne.

I hope this is not too personal to ask. I ask anyways.

Society

not sure how literally to take this, this sort of posts makes me imagine something like this:

Nel, see's all the possibilities in every moment - not a single one escapes her!
    Feona, the telepath who see's into everyone's mind...
    Tesse, jumping over the limits of the brain into the subjective world...
    Siril with his picture perfect memory...
    Nill, with the power of prophecy, finances the unit through stock tips...
    Fin, who always knows how to do right by the universe's standards...
    Tiron, whose eye will never miss the underlining causes..
    and Selly, the ultimate martial artist whose there to kick the bad guy's ass in the end...

together with their subtle but amazing super powers, they form the ultimate crime fighting team... team Jung!

let's take it down a notch, shell we? Ne is pattern finding + imagination + a microscopic stargate in the bloodstream through which drugs from alien universes enter the system without us knowing, and in no way does that or can that entail being aware of all the possibilities.

RDF

Apparently Ne is pretty wild for Dominant Ne types. A lot of distractions.

Ne is considerably mellower for Auxiliary Ne types. Mainly a lot of daydreaming and procrastination, I suppose.

Here’s a thread where Ne-users tried to describe how other personality types can develop their Ne and use it: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...evelop-ne.html

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

how do we survive it? ha um...it's not scary or hard to deal with!

you don't see every possibility allll the time in every situation! i don't walk out my front door and get bombarded with images of a musical breaking out with all my neighbors or some car pulling up and taking me hostage or a driveby or being stared down by a cheetah or a guy on stilts walks by or what if i've walked into a brand new world that looks exactly like mine but everything is different and nobody knows me any more etc etc continuously and i can never get anywhere or do anything.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post

Perhaps somebody would want to share their particular story of learning to live with Ne.

Istbkleta - I thought you were ENTP...or at least had your type listed that way...you aren't anymore?

dom Ne can be scary...and will at times cause a great deal of anxiety and paranoia when your mind keeps shuffling all those possibilities around - over and over and you can't seem to latch onto to one...in order to move forward. It can be paralyzing. But I think all N doms experience this from time to time. Although with Ni...I more often see the error of locking onto the 'wrong possibility' and heading off in that direction...as opposed to becoming overwhelmed and frozen before-the-fact.

EDIT: whoops...you were also asking how we learn to deal with this. Umm...I haven't. And my life is a testament to that. Age and life experience helps...along with honoring all the good things that accompany Ne. But no...it is more of an acceptance really. Just accepting that this is how I am (and recognizing it).

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't walk out my front door and get bombarded with images of a musical breaking out with all my neighbors
    no, but wouldn't you want to be?
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCO0J1N661U"]you know...[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've always thought of ne as being like add if it's not controlled well. my thoughts are very unstructured and will bounce between seemingly unrelated topics but will make a connection between them somehow. it can be very negative combined with fi, because it causes me to imagine what people are thinking and what their real motivations are. sometimes it can be scarily accurate but sometimes i'm totally off and just projecting what i think they feel onto them, which has no basis in reality and is just me letting my imagination run wild.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    depends on the possibilities one sees, which depends a lot on enneagram. I am an ENFP 7, so I see all the fun, exciting possibilities; an ENFP 6 will likely be thinking of 1,001 different ways something can go wrong.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I have a limited amount of focus. When I focus on one thing for too long, I then have to recharge my brain by doing things like surfing the internet. I have to force my mind to stay on a subject for long periods of time.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    depends on the possibilities one sees, which depends a lot on enneagram. I am an ENFP 7, so I see all the fun, exciting possibilities; an ENFP 6 will likely be thinking of 1,001 different ways something can go wrong.
    And an INFP counter-phobic 6 will be thinking of all the ways she could make something go wrong
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!