Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

Default short rant on NFs

Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-orientated" a lot of them dont have many close friends.

IME Sp and Sj are far more loyal. Sticking with their true friends when they most need them. NFs are so wrapped up in themselves. I think they are the most selfish people out there. Ever talk to an NF on the phone? Garauntee the conversation will always find a way back to the NF's favorite topic.... themself.

However, NF's are prone to the "holding onto a shitty relationship way too long" syndrome. Could that even be considered loyal? It seems like something else to me. Neediness, clinginess. Not loyalty.

They're also hypocrites. Will leech onto you and depend on you for everything. For emotional stability. For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.

These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And they next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themself and start over".

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    For people who are so "people-orientated"
    I'm not convinced that this is a necessary part of being an NF. I'm not that people-orientated at all. By anyone's standards.

Oops, I talked about myself!

MBTI
    Zzzz

^ Hey, no worries. You're an INFP. Being people oriented isn't required of you guys.

Then again, sakuraba knows well enough, through his/her experience all about NFs. Or of ENPs. So, just maybe you're supposed to be people oriented, ahhh!

Though of course, this is a rant.. so /shrug.

heart on fire

Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-orientated" a lot of them dont have many close friends.
    That's okay, then they can be more open and flex for all the different ENT masks personas.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hmm, bad experience with certain NFs mayhaps?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MindBlow View Post
    Hmm, bad experience with certain NFs mayhaps?
    Ya think?

He's lucky you're all NFs. Otherwise you might have clubbed him like a baby seal.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

short rant on NF's´:

MBTI
    INFJ

Nah, I like baby seals (so I'd club him another way)

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

...These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And they next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themself and start over".
    It sounds like you've met some really flaky individuals. NF doesn't equal flake so much as spoilt, self-centered, indulged person = flake.

It's easy to find a negative personal quality and then label it so it is avoidable in the future. Unfortunately, the behavior you describe is not limited to type. If you swear off all NFs, you will still encounter selfish and undependable people, and will miss out on some individuals who are quite the opposite of what you describe.

At any rate, sorry to hear about your misfortune with certain people. I've experienced the same thing, and it is seriously unfun.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.
    Enough about you, let's talk about me.

But seriously, maybe we talk about ourselves because we're arrogant, selfish pricks who think our lives are more interesting and our problems are more important?

Or, perhaps you've just encountered some douchebags, because most of the NFs I have ever met or talked to are as selfless as they come. Myself excluded, I am an arrogant, selfish prick.