User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 228

  1. #81
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-orientated" a lot of them dont have many close friends.

    IME Sp and Sj are far more loyal. Sticking with their true friends when they most need them. NFs are so wrapped up in themselves. I think they are the most selfish people out there. Ever talk to an NF on the phone? Garauntee the conversation will always find a way back to the NF's favorite topic.... themself.

    However, NF's are prone to the "holding onto a shitty relationship way too long" syndrome. Could that even be considered loyal? It seems like something else to me. Neediness, clinginess. Not loyalty.
    No, NF's can be loyal and not flighty, it just depends how much they value you, hence why they hold onto shitty relationships for so long compared to how flighty and unloyal they seem at others.

    If an NF really cares about you they will be loyal and commited, but you have to have buried your way deep into their heart to get that kind of commitment, or at least that's how it is with me. (INFP)

    I'm very flighty friendship wise, and only a very few have ever mattered that much to me, recently I fly before anyone can become a true friend to me because I don't want to be loyal, to care or commit to anyone.

    I have wanted shallow non hurtful and quick connections. The potential to be a deeper friend is certainly there, but you have to matter.


    They're also hypocrites. Will leech onto you and depend on you for everything. For emotional stability. For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.
    That's not true to me, but I always find the "NF" bunching wierd because not all NF's are anywhere near alike.


    These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And they next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themself and start over".
    That's an over exaggerated comment to make, if someone saved my life I wouldn't ever stop (I would hope unless they screwed it up) valuing their friendship. It's all about the value placed on the person in question. If you have connected with me in a way that makes me care, then the only time I will get rid of you is after years of you letting me down.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  2. #82
    Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    How do you know he would be incorrect to say he hasn't been those things? Is that an exercise to make your actions more palatable to yourself?
    Maybe he hasn't done ALL of those things, but as I stated previously, EVERYONE is selfish. I'm not placing judgement on whether it's right or not, just simply that it is. I don't defend my less desirable traits as palatable, I only state that they are not uncommon and anyone who is so arrogant, not to mention naive, to claim that they themselves have not at least equal, possibly different faults ought to learn some grace.

    Also, this is not neccessarily directed towards anyone. It's just one very small opinion.
    Rain makes applesauce

  3. #83
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Ah. I took it from his posts that these were the specific types of selfishness, not that others are not selfish. I asked because those listed above could be absent in one person, though other flaws or types of selfishness are there.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  4. #84
    Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Ah. I took it from his posts that these were the specific types of selfishness, not that others are not selfish. I asked because those listed above could be absent in one person, though other flaws or types of selfishness are there.
    Yes, I agree with you. I suppose I was looking at it as a bigger picture.
    Rain makes applesauce

  5. #85
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post



    That's not true to me, but I always find the "NF" bunching wierd because not all NF's are anywhere near alike.

    I've heard NFs on my INFP forums saying that they feel out of place even among other INFPs!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  6. #86
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Ha, Ha, I'm all of those things....and I'm not justifying myself, because I feel good with that.
    Seriously, though, unless some one is willing to listen my crap, it's all about them. I think I can put aside my ego, when I'm needed. Oh god I'm talking about myself right now!
    I don't get upset at posts like that, because, sometimes it's true. I is a bit flakey, and selfish, unless I think someone deserves my selfless devotion, then I'm none of things...I'll drag my self out of my sick bed, if I think I could spare them a moments pain. I'll drive them to them to accident and emergency, even though I'm completely terrified of getting behind the wheel...more actions than actual words.
    All though that may be my great failing, not verbalising, not communicating.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #87
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    Enough about you, let's talk about me.
    I have an even better idea:

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzfo4txaQJA"]Lets talk[/YOUTUBE]

  8. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    2 things surprise me about this thread:

    1) I read it.
    2) People are actually seriously responding to it. It's a RANT. Clearly all NFs aren't flighty self-centered, flaky lame-o ditziepoops. Nor are those traits exclusive to any type (except "human"). Dude(tte)'s just ranting. What's to discuss?
    hehe, I find some seem to be and I'm an NF, is that bad? The difference is I know they seem that on a superficial level sometimes, but I have met zero who aren't extremely deep and complex people. And I've met zero who aren't highly insightful and intelligent and aware.

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-orientated" a lot of them dont have many close friends.

    FALSE! I'm quite aware of my priorities, it's finding people who fit them that's difficult. And I have several very close friends.

    IME Sp and Sj are far more loyal. Sticking with their true friends when they most need them. NFs are so wrapped up in themselves. I think they are the most selfish people out there. Ever talk to an NF on the phone? Garauntee the conversation will always find a way back to the NF's favorite topic.... themself.

    Themselves. Themself is not a word. And no, I listen to people yammer on for hours, all the time.


    However, NF's are prone to the "holding onto a shitty relationship way too long" syndrome. Could that even be considered loyal? It seems like something else to me. Neediness, clinginess. Not loyalty.

    Nope. Fear of hurting the other person's feelings, wondering what the consequences of said hurt feelings would be. Fear of hurting your own feelings by hurting someone else.

    They're also hypocrites. Will leech onto you and depend on you for everything. For emotional stability. For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.

    Wrong. Emotional equality, sharing trust. Willing to listen to others' problems AT LENGTH.


    These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And they next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themself and start over".
    Blah blah. Someone got hurt. Want to tell me what happened?

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-oriented" a lot of them don't have many close friends.

    IME SPs and SJs are far more loyal. Sticking with their true friends when they most need them. NFs are so wrapped up in themselves. I think they are the most selfish people out there. Ever talk to an NF on the phone? Guarantee the conversation will always find a way back to the NF's favorite topic.... themselves.

    However, NFs are prone to the "holding onto a shitty relationship way too long" syndrome. Could that even be considered loyal? It seems like something else to me. Neediness, clinginess. Not loyalty.


    They're also hypocrites. Will leech onto you and depend on you for everything. For emotional stability. For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.

    These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And the next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themselves and start over".
    How serious are we supposed to take this? Anyway... Spelling corrections and minor punctuation corrections are in bold. Considering your level of effort, I didn't bother aiding your grammatical errors under the premise it could be poetic license.

    Best of luck with your aimless querulous pot-stirring.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] 10 Minute YT Rant on "INFJ Imposters"
    By Mal12345 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-11-2014, 06:23 PM
  2. [ENTP] Rant on ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  3. A short rant on chivalry
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
  4. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO