User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 228

  1. #71
    Junior Member epsilon72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-orientated" a lot of them dont have many close friends.

    IME Sp and Sj are far more loyal. Sticking with their true friends when they most need them. NFs are so wrapped up in themselves. I think they are the most selfish people out there. Ever talk to an NF on the phone? Garauntee the conversation will always find a way back to the NF's favorite topic.... themself.

    However, NF's are prone to the "holding onto a shitty relationship way too long" syndrome. Could that even be considered loyal? It seems like something else to me. Neediness, clinginess. Not loyalty.


    They're also hypocrites. Will leech onto you and depend on you for everything. For emotional stability. For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.

    These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And they next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themself and start over".
    I dunno if the bolded parts would be true for all NF's....my INFP friend for instance is quite the opposite of those statements.

  2. #72
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't know if I can speak for substitute when I say it's the obvious insincerity which would be the annoyance in a case like that--for me, at least. I can take plenty of brute force (like "go to hell, you're wrong, and your brain is made of shit, and here's why:"), but misdirection is never appreciated. Diffr'nt strokes for diffr'nt folks, I suppose.
    Hmm... I would feel annoyed with a fake apology, but I'd feel worse if they said my brain is full of shit. The first case would mean that they don't agree and are maybe hurt, but they don't hate me. The second case, I wouldn't have any clue if they now hate me or not.

    But, at least to me it is true that it is very hard for me to apologize, even when I know I was wrong. I still can say I was wrong. I just wont apologize.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Hmm... I would feel annoyed with a fake apology, but I'd feel worse if they said my brain is full of shit. The first case would mean that they don't agree and are maybe hurt, but they don't hate me. The second case, I wouldn't have any clue if they now hate me or not. But, at least to me it is true that it is very hard for me to apologize, even when I know I was wrong. I still can say I was wrong. I just wont apologize.
    I think the resilience to direct insults is probably an INTP thing, ENTP to lesser extent. Maybe we're just used to being around pissed off NTs? LOL.

  4. #74
    Senior Member mlittrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    more generalities
    woo
    just what mbticentral needs lol

    chill dude or dudet, whatever you might be
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

    "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

    Mahatma Gandhi

    Enneagram: 9w1

  5. #75
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    ouch

  6. #76
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default



    Wow...such a brutal attack.

    Couldn't it be said of any human being that deep down, their favorite topic would be themselves? We're all a little bit selfish, I don't think that goes completely in accordance to what type we are. If you're a living, breathing, functioning human being, there's at least an ounce of selfishness inside of you. The level of conceitedness in a person could be subject to change depending on the person-- not the type. Take into consideration, as well, what each individual has grown up with, or how they have grown up...it's different for each of us. At least, that's my take on it. Perhaps I'm wrong, as I very well could be. [Yes! I don't always have to be right! It is apparently said of the NT types that they shove it down someone's throat if they believe they are right about something-- but I won't dwell..].

    As for NF types being flighty or disloyal, that could be a misinterpretation. Must depend on the situation, of course, but perhaps an NF would 'take flight' so to speak if they somehow feel cornered by something? A fight or flight instinct is imbued within all people...all animals, even. I could see it easily being interpreted as being disloyal, but that, again, might depend on the events leading up to the sudden departure. Different points of view with lack of communication is going to provide some confusion, after all.

    ...'for people who are so 'people-oriented' a lot of them don't have many close friends..'
    This statement by itself bothers me...it shows a lack of understanding of NF types. I'm not completely 'in the know', however, from what I have learned already-- to be true about myself [le-gasp, I'm talking about myself, how dare I?!]-- AND about other NF and NF possibles I have read about/know in person...we don't let people get close for our own personal reasons. It's a choice, not because we're not 'people-oriented'. What is the worth of having several 'close friends' who we think we can fully trust or connect to...when we can have a close-knit few whom we know will be there for us no matter what-- and vice-versa. I've stuck by friends who have done wrong by me, or who have lied to me merely because we all make mistakes. I've also dropped friends for the same reasons, but the circumstances were far worse than a white lie or petty arguement-- however, doesn't any person retain the right to drop somebody from their life who offers nothing but negativity, or whom they feel has betrayed their trust or is inherently bad for them?

    These NFs being referred to, as others have stated, may have been unbalanced or maybe were not NF types at all and were only misunderstood as such...in any case, you can't generalize an entire group of people based on only a few experiences. It'd be like having three kids come into your store and they shop-lifted-- then assuming because of this, all kids of that age group must be shop-lifters.

    Utter nonsense... :steam:

    *This noted upon noticing sakuraba's 'x' in the place of T or F*
    I wouldn't be bashing another type if you don't even know what you are yourself...just saying...you could very well be including yourself in your own bad-mouthing...
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

  7. #77
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    No problem. Theres a huge difference between being self-focussed and being self-centered. The one is valuable for being a good friend and the other isn't.

    Pehaps you're just meeting and befriending the wrong folks? Work on your feelers and not by observing labels?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  8. #78
    Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-orientated" a lot of them dont have many close friends.

    IME Sp and Sj are far more loyal. Sticking with their true friends when they most need them. NFs are so wrapped up in themselves. I think they are the most selfish people out there. Ever talk to an NF on the phone? Garauntee the conversation will always find a way back to the NF's favorite topic.... themself.

    However, NF's are prone to the "holding onto a shitty relationship way too long" syndrome. Could that even be considered loyal? It seems like something else to me. Neediness, clinginess. Not loyalty.


    They're also hypocrites. Will leech onto you and depend on you for everything. For emotional stability. For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.

    These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And they next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themself and start over".
    You are absolutely, unequivically, correct. I have been all of those things, if not more, at some point in my life. But to state that somehow you are none of those things, could never been any of those things, or that ONLY NF's are those things, is in my opinion, incorrect. Everyone is selfish. It's the human condition and it is not related to personality "type".
    Rain makes applesauce

  9. #79
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    I was wondering if that wasn't why the Ex is there in the signature. You've noticed the personal conflict, I think, little darling.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  10. #80
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littledarling View Post
    You are absolutely, unequivically, correct. I have been all of those things, if not more, at some point in my life. But to state that somehow you are none of those things, could never been any of those things, or that ONLY NF's are those things, is in my opinion, incorrect. Everyone is selfish. It's the human condition and it is not related to personality "type".
    How do you know he would be incorrect to say he hasn't been those things? Is that an exercise to make your actions more palatable to yourself?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] 10 Minute YT Rant on "INFJ Imposters"
    By Mal12345 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-11-2014, 06:23 PM
  2. [ENTP] Rant on ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  3. A short rant on chivalry
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
  4. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO